Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Arkady
    • Apr 2011

I think the only noob aspect of your question is trying to make sense of Carol in the first place.

Comment

• GucciAmen
      • Sep 2014

Originally posted by jabronicoolword View Post
      My noob question: I just bought my first pair of CCP safe boots because I like them conceptually and blah blah I'm a wasteful consumerist piece of crap.

Why are the waists (sorry if wrong word, the hole you put your foot through) so big? I understand that it's meant to be tucked but even then I feel like I'm wearing giant shit kickers and am about to go stomp around in manure. Are there some models with slimmer waists or should I just stick with Carpes?

Edit: and that's after washing them twice, which definitely shrunk them down a little, but still
      Which pair did you purchase? In my experience, the openings are very very slim (tornadoes), as they are tight on my twig-like calves.

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
        • Apr 2013

Yeah the diagonal, zip boots you bought are the wrong size dude, basically it's supposed to be rather difficult to tuck rather than not.
        Originally posted by unwashed
        Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
        Originally posted by Ahimsa
        I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• PurpleJesuss
          • May 2014

Originally posted by jabronicoolword View Post
          My noob question: I just bought my first pair of CCP safe boots because I like them conceptually and blah blah I'm a wasteful consumerist piece of crap.
          What are safe boots? I thought all recent models had that written on it. But yeah i agree with trig, the shaft opening is supposed to be tight on diagonal zips.

I think the only noob aspect of your question is trying to make sense of Carol in the first place.
          I actually like that part. It's fun to attempt deciphering something so conceptual.

Comment

• FiggRow
            • Feb 2014

Ive looked around but can't seem to find a good answer

I have a beautiful rough out suede jacket that is slightly waxed. Its starting to look a little dry and dusty. Any way to condition it to bring back some life into it? I have some saphir renovateur, hesitant to try it, anyone have experience with this?

Comment

• Shucks
              • Aug 2010

i've used another brand of suede restorer (saphir, maybe) on several pairs ofwaxed reverse leather footwear to good effect. applied a little bit of wax-based polish on them randomly also afterwards, to give them a bit of a boost/texture. u may want to forego the last part tho since u are doing a jacket. basically, if ur restorer is water-based u should be fine using it on waxed leather, imo.

Comment

• the breaks
                • Sep 2007

e:nvm
                Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• orlais
                  • Oct 2014

Anyone know anything about Niu?

http://www.niu-fashion.it/
                  Instagram
                  Grailed

Comment

• skavant
                    • Sep 2014

maybe this question has been asked a lot of times but somehow I couldn't find a proper answer. So here is my noob question: Is there a way to fix holes on sheer cotton, especially like a BBS t-shirt? I made a small one below the armpit. I didn't care that much until it keeps getting bigger and bigger

Thanks in advance. I appreciate it very much.

Comment

• Twiterski
                      • Aug 2014

Cannot remove CCP Derbry Laces

I recently received some new Carol Christian Poell laces for a pair derbies. The old ones were wearing down and have faded. However, I found that I am unable to remove the old laces from the shoes due to the metal aglets not being able to fit through the tiny metal eyelets. I don't want to cut the aglets off to remove the old laces, because the new ones would face the same problem. The aglets are too large to fit through the eyelets. The only thing I can think to do would be to take a pair of pliers to them and kind of cinch them in half but I feel like that would ruin them. I wanted to check and see if anyone else has ever encountered this issue w/ their CCP Derbies.

Comment

• lowrey
                        ventiundici
                        • Dec 2006

they eylets are leaher, right? surely they will give in a little. I've had laces that were a tight fit but I just wiggled them through
                        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• bukka
                          • Sep 2011

Just got back from the RO store in Milano. I tried a few pieces, including a bauhaus and a mollino that were both made in Moldova. Didn't Rick stop producing in Moldova a few seasons ago? Unfortunately, I didn't ask from which season those jackets were from, I expected them to be from the last one though.
                          Eternity is in love with the productions of time

Comment

• Twiterski
                            • Aug 2014

Dye a Paul Harnden Jacket?

I have 6 lined PH Jackets (long blazers, pocket blazers, classic blazers) but NONE of them are black. I started collecting Harnden because I saw how amazing the black ones look but I have yet to find one (to fit a 50-52) in XL or XXL anywhere and I've been looking for over a year. So I'm finally at the point where I am going to try and dye one. I have a couple of Paul's scratchy "tweed" fabrics, a couple in his light SS 50% Wool / 50% Linen fabrics (my favorite) and a couple more that are 100% heavy wool. My small question to SZ members is whether anyone has ever tried to dye any of Paul's fabrics and if so, how did it go? Thanks in advance for anyone that takes the time to answer my question.

Comment

• Twiterski
                              • Aug 2014

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                              they eylets are leaher, right? surely they will give in a little. I've had laces that were a tight fit but I just wiggled them through
                              On the inside of the shoe, there are metal rings lining the eyelets that have been stamped in. The outside of the eyelets are raw leather and believe me i've tried, there's no damn wiggle room. It's cause of those tiny metal rings on the inside of the eyelet. Just metal to metal, like trying to fit a square peg through a round hole :(

Comment

• unwashed
                                • Dec 2008

I recently replaced my laces in my derbies and yes the metal lace end cannot fit through the eyelit. I removed the metal lace end with some tools (just bend it, it will not break if you are careful), then with the new laces do the same and use some adhesive tape and wrap it around the end to create a pointy end. Took me 45 minutes for one pair
                                Grailed link

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎