X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dduyyy
    • Jul 2014

Originally posted by unwashed View Post
    I'm also 1,78 and have had two types of CD boots. I found the shapes to work great and not a problem at all.
    For reference about fit you can check some of my fits with the boots:

linen over leather boots
    linen over leather boots 2
    7-hole boots
    You seem to have the same body build as me. Curious what's your shoe size is? Is the CP boots tend to have long outsole measurement, or it depends on models, or anything else?

Comment

• unwashed
      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by dduyyy View Post
      You seem to have the same body build as me. Curious what's your shoe size is? Is the CP boots tend to have long outsole measurement, or it depends on models, or anything else?
      My size is 41,5/42. I wore the linen in a 41 if I recall correct but they were to small at the instep. The combat boots were a 42 and fitted perfectly. Dunno about the outsole length though, sold them both couple years ago. Maybe a CD expert can help you with this.
      Grailed link

Comment

• okayvin
        • Sep 2013

Originally posted by HugAndWug View Post
        I recently purchased a grail of mine and it finally came in today. However the seller was very inaccurate on the measurements (4-11CM wrong on every measurement) and I'm not sure if I should go for a refund or if I should just try to resell it. The seller shipped from Hong Kong and I don't think it's worth it to pay for international shipping on something that was only 165 in the first place but maybe I'm wrong/there's a different option. Any opinions?
        Well he knows that if the measurements are wrong, he'll get bids from people who know their brand-size, and also from people who rely on the measurements, thereby inflating the demand for his items. He also knows that it is cost-prohibitive to return items to Hong Kong which enables him to sell like this. I'd file a PayPal complaint and return the item. If it was a one-time mistake, then one complaint won't matter. But if he is regularly a dishonest seller, the complaints will add up and hopefully PayPal will take a look at his transactions and maybe take action. I'd return it on principle, but that's just me :P

Comment

• miserableman
          • Dec 2009

I'm staying in California at the moment but live in europe. While I'm here, if I order some shoes from an EU store, I understand there's no EU VAT to pay but can someone advise me on what, if any import taxes I have to pay to receive the item here in the US?

Comment

• xeraphim
            • Nov 2008

^ list of stockists here.

Comment

• zen dog
              • Jan 2014

Miserableman: I in California and can tell you my experiences. The most obvious is you are safe if the site says all taxes and duties included. Other times they say the buyer is responsible to cover themselves, but the piece may or may not get hit. I've purchased several times from Darklands/nagnag and Hide-m as well as several stores in Japan and the objects have sailed through. I just spent $500 with "4" and got hit with a $160 customs fee, got hit with about the same amount from Layers London about half a year ago (purchased from them years ago and I'm sure I'd remember a hit like that). Purchased from another British shop whose name I forget and got hit for the same $160- that first shock I remember.

Perhaps other members can chime in. I can't tell whether it is good fortune or a pattern on when things get held up or not. As an American citizen I don't know what happens when you leave/ get back to your country, with clothing without tags, your conscience may be your guide- especially those "worn" things you've had forever
              Last edited by zen dog; 08-09-2015, 01:13 PM. Reason: clarity

Comment

• Ahimsa
                Vegan Police
                • Sep 2011

Originally posted by miserableman View Post
                I'm staying in California at the moment but live in europe. While I'm here, if I order some shoes from an EU store, I understand there's no EU VAT to pay but can someone advise me on what, if any import taxes I have to pay to receive the item here in the US?
                I live in NY, and whenever I buy something from Belgium I get slammed with a $50 import fee, which usually ends up being the same as the VAT. So I would say about the same as zen dog, unless it says duties/taxed included, I would assume it's still the same as with VAT.
                StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• savant
                  • Jul 2011

Hey guys im looking at knits/sweaters. Leaning towards LUC already but what do you guys go for usually?

Looking towards DBSS (older season?), LUC, Ann D and Rick, but a friend said Rick may be too thin and see through which I understand.

Just looking for simple knits and raw hems, nothing too lengthy or crazy

Similar to these

Last edited by savant; 08-09-2015, 05:50 PM.

Comment

• unwashed
                    • Dec 2008

Question about the soles used on Rick Owens non-sneaker shoes (creepers, combat boots, biker boots). Sometimes I see soles with XL ExtraLight (or some other brand?), but does he also still produce with 'Rick Owens' on the bottom of the sole?
                    Last edited by unwashed; 08-10-2015, 10:32 AM. Reason: Forgot brand
                    Grailed link

Comment

• t3hg0suazn
                      • Jan 2013

has anyone used geobaskets as hiking boots? wondering how good/bad of an idea that would be... would save me from having to buy hiking boots!

got the idea because I saw someone hiking with ramones on instagram

Comment

• UnderDictation
                        • Jun 2014

Originally posted by unwashed View Post
                        Question about the soles used on Rick Owens non-sneaker shoes (creepers, combat boots, biker boots). Sometimes I see soles with XL ExtraLight (or some other brand?), but does he also still produce with 'Rick Owens' on the bottom of the sole?
                        My 2015 creepers have the Rick Owens sole with no other branding on them.

Comment

• BrokenBoards
                          • Jan 2014

Originally posted by t3hg0suazn View Post
                          has anyone used geobaskets as hiking boots? wondering how good/bad of an idea that would be... would save me from having to buy hiking boots!

Just buy hiking boots, they're made for the purpose of hiking. Rick sneakers aren't. You wouldn't go to a black tie event in black jeans would you?
                          "I would use lard if it came in a pretty bottle."

Comment

• dji
                            • Feb 2008

Originally posted by t3hg0suazn View Post

FWIW I do day hikes in my Ramones, I imagine Geos would be similar. I do have actual hiking footwear for more serious hikes though so depends what you're doing.

Comment

• DudleyGray
                              • Jul 2013

The concealed heel and stiff construction makes the sneakers plain uncomfortable and terrible for walking long distances imo. The goodyear flex combat boots with a cushy insole could be perfect for hiking, though.
                              bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• Gatsu
                                • Jul 2015

Whats the general opinion on H by Hudson Boots? And fit.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎