X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • t3hg0suazn
    • Jan 2013

Originally posted by Marlon View Post
    Has anybody tried soaking CCP cord-ptc pants ? I know it says dry cleaning only but I wonder how the taped seam would react to a soak ? If someone tried this I'm interested. Thanks
    not cord-ptc (rado instead) but I've done a short soak in cool water with weak detergent and the taped seams did not react. But I don't know the specifics on the taping process so this is just my experience. Soaking should be safer than risking a dry cleaning though.

Comment

• lowrey
      ventiundici
      • Dec 2006

I've hand washed my cord-ptc pants, no problems. only once so far though, and this is just my experience.
      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• fromcolortoblack
        • Feb 2015

Thanks for the response Magic!

I could also use some help finding some black denim / black pants that fit if anyone with more experience has any ideas. I've got a small waist but larger thighs so it's usually very difficult for me to find pants that fit well. I am also 5'6".

I've found Uniqlo Slim Fit Tapered jeans in size 29 to fit me the best. I could do with 1.5" - 1" less in the leg opening and at most 0.15" - 0.25" less through the thighs. I copied the size chart below.

Any insight on what brands or cuts and styles within brands to look into would be much appreciated.

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Prices in Japan are pretty much half of what we pay in the States.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Arkady
            • Apr 2011

Well Y3 is basically Baby Gap, it might just be a matter of his name affixed.

Comment

• Marlon
              • Sep 2011

Thank you t3hg0suazn and Lowrey, I'll try giving them a cold soak then.

Comment

• swami
                • Jul 2008

Re: Cord-ptc

I took the plunge as well tks to the reassurance from other SZ folks !

Just make sure you wash in cold water & hang-dry so as not to affect the tape seams. Turned out pretty nice & crispy

Comment

• tonecrush
                  • Jul 2013

Anyone dealt with Cruvoir here? I ordered 2 items and then one of my items was listed as wrong size so I had to take it off my order and I exchanged my other item for shorts. nearly 3 days ago I asked if I could get the rest of the money refunded and there has been no reply. Can they keep my money as store credit even though they messed up?
                  "Never seen someone treat such a piece of crap excuse for a boot with so much care, and precision."

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by tonecrush View Post
                    Anyone dealt with Cruvoir here? I ordered 2 items and then one of my items was listed as wrong size so I had to take it off my order and I exchanged my other item for shorts. nearly 3 days ago I asked if I could get the rest of the money refunded and there has been no reply. Can they keep my money as store credit even though they messed up?
                    Their exploits are very well documented in the forum-sphere. I am surprised you have missed that. I hope you get your money back.
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• tonecrush
                      • Jul 2013

No, first time hearing about this. Well I won't be sleeping much tonight.
                      Last edited by tonecrush; 08-25-2015, 09:58 AM. Reason: spelling
                      "Never seen someone treat such a piece of crap excuse for a boot with so much care, and precision."

Comment

• En.
                        • May 2015

Cruvoir is listed and sells directly on Lyst and even Ahmed of Thamanyah is a fan yet it still doesn't know how to handle its customers...or its business, really.

Comment

• Arkady
                          • Apr 2011

Weird, perfectly responsive customer service and faster than expected shipping any time I've dealt with them. Though something told me not to buy anything too pricey.

Comment

• lowrey
                            ventiundici
                            • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Arkady View Post
                            Weird, perfectly responsive customer service and faster than expected shipping any time I've dealt with them. Though something told me not to buy anything too pricey.
                            there is nothing weird about that, they're not thiefs nor do they fuck up every transaction, but it happens more than it should. Not to mention they're the worst spammers in the history of this forum.
                            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• En.
                              • May 2015

Originally posted by Arkady View Post
                              Though something told me not to buy anything too pricey.
                              Items too pricey are probably marked up considerably anyway.

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                              Not to mention they're the worst spammers in the history of this forum.
                              What kind of spamming did they do?

Comment

• HugAndWug
                                • Aug 2014

Originally posted by En. View Post
                                Items too pricey are probably marked up considerably anyway.
                                I think they're one of the people who put stuff on "sale" but they mark it up before they put it on sale as some pieces get absurd list prices after time.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎