• Show
Clear All
  • sshum88
    • Dec 2007

re. porter

Originally posted by fromcolortoblack View Post
    Any idea what his username is?
    Originally posted by eat me
    If you can't see the work past the fucking taped seams , cold dye wash or raw hems - perhaps you shouldn't really be looking at all.

Comment

• sunny
      • Dec 2012

Any folks bought some goods from Ssense? I am asking because I bought some items from Ssense on 16 Dec but I still have not yet received the parcel. Sent them two emails and received no response so far.

Comment

• Raviel de Silverlake
        • Jun 2015

Originally posted by sunny View Post
        Any folks bought some goods from Ssense? I am asking because I bought some items from Ssense on 16 Dec but I still have not yet received the parcel. Sent them two emails and received no response so far.
        It's holiday season plus there was bunch of sale so I think it wasn't that strange for being late.

Comment

• gregor
          • Oct 2014

if you're international, then that's not really incredibly unreasonable, unless they actually haven't shipped the parcel.

Comment

• sunny
            • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Raviel de Silverlake View Post
            It's holiday season plus there was bunch of sale so I think it wasn't that strange for being late.

I guess so. But they should simply tell me the delay of the delivery.....

Comment

• Ahimsa
              Vegan Police
              • Sep 2011

I bought something on the 15th and got it the 19th. But I live in New York, and that is quite a time for such short a distance. (was shipped to my parent's address for holidays, so only 4 hours away from Montreal)
              StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• Fenix
                • Aug 2010

Not sure how they are shipping but Canada Post has huge delays right now. Also, sunny didn't provide much info. This could easily be stuck in customs. Tracking numbers and a telephone are your best friends when dealing with this type of thing.
                Originally posted by hausofblaq
                Grow up.

Comment

• sshum88
                  • Dec 2007

I purchased on the 14th and received on the 17th even after the package went missing for a day. Have you checked the status on SSense - do you have a tracking number and can see if it's stuck in customs (if applicable)? Holiday volumes are through the roof so unless you paid for expedited, it's a waiting game.

Any folks bought some goods from Ssense? I am asking because I bought some items from Ssense on 16 Dec but I still have not yet received the parcel.
                  Last edited by sshum88; 12-24-2015, 11:22 AM.
                  Originally posted by eat me
                  If you can't see the work past the fucking taped seams , cold dye wash or raw hems - perhaps you shouldn't really be looking at all.

Comment

• dji
                    • Feb 2008

I've never had any issues with Ssense, delivery has always been within a few days of ordering on either coast of the States (and yes, check your order status online). fast processing of returns too.

Comment

• sunny
                      • Dec 2012

Originally posted by sshum88 View Post
                      I purchased on the 14th and received on the 17th even after the package went missing for a day. Have you checked the status on SSense - do you have a tracking number and can see if it's stuck in customs (if applicable)? Holiday volumes are through the roof so unless you paid for expedited, it's a waiting game.
                      Yup. I made the order on 15 Dec and sent me the tracking number on 16 Dec. I keep checking the status but it showed no updated info (not mentioned stuck, miss or delay) That's why I asked Ssense.....

Comment

• sunny
                        • Dec 2012

Originally posted by dji View Post
                        I've never had any issues with Ssense, delivery has always been within a few days of ordering on either coast of the States (and yes, check your order status online). fast processing of returns too.
                        They are used to provide very good service except communication.

Comment

• jurassicsnark
                          • Sep 2015

I have bought from them quite a few times. They're in Canada, so there are occasional border holdups if you're not in Canada, too.

Comment

• t3hg0suazn
                            • Jan 2013

Can anyone recommend a good tailor for alterations in Chicago? I used to go to Golden Needle but she recently did a really mediocre job shortening the sleeve of a jacket from the shoulder.

And a cobbler too? Need someone who knows how to re-balance a shoe when adding vibram. Right now I'm resigning to ship it off to one of the SZ certified cobblers.

Happy boxing day!

Comment

• fredokin
                              • Apr 2014

Originally posted by t3hg0suazn View Post
                              Can anyone recommend a good tailor for alterations in Chicago? I used to go to Golden Needle but she recently did a really mediocre job shortening the sleeve of a jacket from the shoulder.

And a cobbler too? Need someone who knows how to re-balance a shoe when adding vibram. Right now I'm resigning to ship it off to one of the SZ certified cobblers.

Happy boxing day!
                              I can't really recommend a good tailor as my local one did an underwhelming job recently. Might just try the top rated ones on Yelp we'll see...

I just got vibram montagna soles put on an old pair of Rick combats at Broadway Shoe Repair and he did a good job. A little pricey though. I know that's not the vibram work you're concerned about but I think it'd be easy to articulate the re-balance issue to him.

If you end up finding a great tailor let me know!
                              Originally posted by gregor
                              it's terribly lit

Comment

• zamb
                                • Nov 2006

Originally posted by t3hg0suazn View Post

Happy boxing day!
                                this is NOT an easy Job and should not be taken lightly. most people doing alternations will fail at this.
                                “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                                .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎