• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Thank God I have you!
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• bigjus
      • Oct 2014

who " invented " the J leg style of pants ? only asking as i had some from zam turn up yesterday and the shape is very much like the boris i usually wear - construction is obviously different though but it got me thinking ...

Comment

• magic
        • Feb 2009

I think it's difficult to trace down who is the first who made jpants.. I would say CCP from what I know. KKA used to have some great jpants denim too.
        Focusing on object details

Comment

• Lohikaarme
          • Jul 2013

How extreme of a J-leg do you need? You could say the articulated legs of a Medieval suit of armor are J-leg'd to some extent.

Comment

• Arkady
            • Apr 2011

Originally posted by magic View Post
            I think it's difficult to trace down who is the first who made jpants.. I would say CCP from what I know. KKA used to have some great jpants denim too.
            I may be totally wrong but I feel this is a Japanese invention -- KKA actually sounds about right...

Comment

• darkart
              • Jun 2011

Guidi Leather stiffening

Hello everyone, I have purchased a Guidi bag recently, but i am kind of unsatisfied with the leather texture(too soft ). I want to stiffen the leather. I notice some methods such as soaking leather in cold, boiling and hot water could stiffen leather. But since its a bag, I dont want to ruin it. I have never done such thing to leather. Hope you guys (leather experts) could give advice.
              My bag is made of soft horse leather

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
                • Apr 2013

thats how soft horse leather is, its soft, if you mess around with the integrity of the leather without clearly knowing what youre doing you are going to mess up the bag and be out of money .
                Originally posted by unwashed
                Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
                Originally posted by Ahimsa
                I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• okayvin
                  • Sep 2013

Originally posted by darkart View Post
                  Hello everyone, I have purchased a Guidi bag recently, but i am kind of unsatisfied with the leather texture(too soft ). I want to stiffen the leather. I notice some methods such as soaking leather in cold, boiling and hot water could stiffen leather. But since its a bag, I dont want to ruin it. I have never done such thing to leather. Hope you guys (leather experts) could give advice.
                  My bag is made of soft horse leather
                  soft horse leather is probably taken from the fatty areas of the horse - the belly and such. It simply is not as strong as leather taken from the hide. If you soak the leather in water, it will lose some oil and become stiff and dry up a bit. But it won't have the structural integrity of leather taken from other areas of the horse. Just sell and buy the non-soft version.

Comment

• darkart
                    • Jun 2011

Great thanks to all your advice, really helpful.

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by bigjus View Post
                      who " invented " the J leg style of pants ? only asking as i had some from zam turn up yesterday and the shape is very much like the boris i usually wear - construction is obviously different though but it got me thinking ...
                      John Galliano is the first one I've seen do it. Happy?
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• ian+
                        • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                        Actually he also introduced J sleeves in long-sleeves at some point. Still have one to remind me of this era.
                        ...bombing the bass, blasting the beat

Comment

• bigjus
                          • Oct 2014

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                          happy ,yes - thanks for the info everyone !

Comment

• dji
                            • Feb 2008

anyone with experience with the CCP NAS-PTC nylon fabric chainseamed parka (blackfedora perhaps?) know whether the piece is water resistant at all?

Comment

• blackfedora
                              • Jan 2012

Originally posted by dji View Post
                              anyone with experience with the CCP NAS-PTC nylon fabric chainseamed parka (blackfedora perhaps?) know whether the piece is water resistant at all?
                              Based on a discussion held here a couple of years ago, the CCP NAS-PTC parka is the best looking non-functional rain parka that money can buy; if you like your clothing streak dyed in the rain, wear this parka. I think the chain seams are also leaky. The full discussion can be found here and starts going about halfway down. I, like many others, have found that the noise alone from one of these parkas would take some serious adjustment.

If you are looking for protection from the rain, perhaps a piece by Acronym or other technical brands might produce something in the general shape of the NAS-PTC parka.

For rain/sleet/general precipitation, I use a SS12 heavily oiled lamb leather from BBS and have never gotten wet. The leather is so heavily oiled (I've done nothing to help it along the way either) that it has not changed at all despite being in wet conditions dozens of times (no torrential rain though).

Comment

• dji
                                • Feb 2008

cheers blackfedora, sounds fantastically non-functional.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎