Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • naturalalmonds
    • Sep 2013

I would not use Studio Kim for anything more involved than hemming a pair of pants. I just didn't find the alterations I had done to have worked out very well (bringing in the waist on a pair of pants, slimming some shirts.) King St W is also not as quickly accessible as others. I would use Magic Tailor, or another recommendation.
    I want to do product, I am a product person, not just clothing but water bottle design - Kanye West

Comment

• Thirteen
      • Aug 2015

Would anyone here ever consider wearing the "classic" geobasket colorway but in black pony hair version? I can't seem to comprehend how the patch of black pony hair on this shoe even looks good.

Comment

• fromcolortoblack
        • Feb 2015

Originally posted by TriggerDiscipline View Post
        huh show me the japanese word
        I believe it is this: ワタリ

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
          • Apr 2013

diameter? I'd love to see this on a page where it says that because that's like not even clothing jargon that I know of
          Originally posted by unwashed
          Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
          Originally posted by Ahimsa
          I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• okayvin
            • Sep 2013

anybody know how i can get a Russian proxy address?

Comment

• Arkady
              • Apr 2011

Wondering about this Boris perforated ninja hoodie, as worn by Faust in WAYWT:

Is the fabric itself decently thick or is it a thinner jersey-like cotton? Really intrigued by this thing and have an opportunity to get it at a good price, but I'd need it to be substantial enough to layer under a jacket with a longsleeve in New York / German winter.
              Last edited by Arkady; 01-13-2016, 09:49 AM.

Comment

• TabulaRasa
                • Jun 2014

I have a Harnden SS16 classic that just came in in 60% linen 40% wool.

Sleeves and length are spot on but it's quite tight in the shoulders and upper back (when I stretch my arms out) and I'm worried about it ripping.

If anybody has any experience with this fabric combo could tell me if it might give a little bit with wear I would be most appreciative? I'm worried sizing up one will be too big everywhere else.

Thanks so much.
                The music I make.

Comment

• lowrey
                  ventiundici
                  • Dec 2006

That sounds quite typical with PH if you have wide shoulders at all, I size up for that exact reason and the jackets are still fitted in the back and shoulders while usually roomy elsewhere. You could size up and have it tailored at the torso, if you want to go that route.

I'm not familiar with that exact fabric, but I've seen a couple of blazers rip at the backseam, including one of mine, so be careful.
                  "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• HugAndWug
                    • Aug 2014

I'm looking for a long lined coat and other than PH, ED, CDG and a few MA+ coats I haven't really seen anything I like. Anyone have recommendations to look for? New or used doesn't matter I just want to see different options.

Comment

• fromcolortoblack
                      • Feb 2015

Originally posted by TriggerDiscipline View Post
                      diameter? I'd love to see this on a page where it says that because that's like not even clothing jargon that I know of
                      Huh.. Thanks for the response. Here's a zenmarket link to a pair of pants with that "wading" thing going on in reference to measurements.

Comment

• fromcolortoblack
                        • Feb 2015

I also just took a pair of pants in to be hemmed and slimmed through the leg, and my tailor quoted me $35. Does it usually cost that much to get this done?

She said it was because they would have to be taken in up to the crotch, which makes sense because I'm trying to turn a pair of loose wool trousers into something slim and fitted, but I didn't expect it to cost that much.

Comment

• deadboy
                          • Jul 2013

Originally posted by naturalalmonds View Post
                          I would not use Studio Kim for anything more involved than hemming a pair of pants. I just didn't find the alterations I had done to have worked out very well (bringing in the waist on a pair of pants, slimming some shirts.) King St W is also not as quickly accessible as others. I would use Magic Tailor, or another recommendation.
                          I mostly go to Kim for repairs and fairly simple alterations (partly because I live close by, though). For more complicated work I've gone to Xavier on Yonge south of Bloor.

Does anyone know if Sydney's does alterations on items not bought there? I figured since he used to sell TVA, ma+ and the like, he might know what he's doing more than others.

A related small question: are like half the members of this forum based in Toronto/GTA?

Comment

• casem
                            • Sep 2006

You must not be in NYC because this seems really cheap to me. Most places here charge that much or more for a simple hem.

Originally posted by fromcolortoblack View Post
                            I also just took a pair of pants in to be hemmed and slimmed through the leg, and my tailor quoted me $35. Does it usually cost that much to get this done?

She said it was because they would have to be taken in up to the crotch, which makes sense because I'm trying to turn a pair of loose wool trousers into something slim and fitted, but I didn't expect it to cost that much.
                            music

Comment

• t3hg0suazn
                              • Jan 2013

For me $20 hem is usual, so $35 for hem and slimming is about right/on the cheap side.

Comment

• lowrey
                                ventiundici
                                • Dec 2006

Originally posted by casem View Post
                                You must not be in NYC because this seems really cheap to me. Most places here charge that much or more for a simple hem.
                                was going to say the same, my tailor would probably take 50€ for both hemming and tapering a pair of trousers and that would be standard here.
                                "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎