Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zeebee
    • Dec 2008

Is there a difference in CCP's "diagonal zip" boots vs the "tornado" boot as I've seen them referred to on forums?

I don't have any way to see them in person and online they seem similar.

And what is "seamed" vs non seamed? Any pics would greatly help.

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
      • Apr 2013

Originally posted by fromcolortoblack View Post
      Huh.. Thanks for the response. Here's a zenmarket link to a pair of pants with that "wading" thing going on in reference to measurements.
      no link on here tho
      Originally posted by unwashed
      Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
      Originally posted by Ahimsa
      I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• TabulaRasa
        • Jun 2014

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
        That sounds quite typical with PH if you have wide shoulders at all, I size up for that exact reason and the jackets are still fitted in the back and shoulders while usually roomy elsewhere. You could size up and have it tailored at the torso, if you want to go that route.

I'm not familiar with that exact fabric, but I've seen a couple of blazers rip at the backseam, including one of mine, so be careful.
        Many thanks, Lowrey.

I'm waiting to hear back and see if they have anything in XL. I may be able to get away with the large but I'd definitely feel more comfortable with more room in the back. I'm only familiar with the heavier fabrics/cuts so this kind of took me by surprise.

Cheers.
        The music I make.

Comment

• DNHT
          • Dec 2015

Originally posted by TabulaRasa View Post
          I have a Harnden SS16 classic that just came in in 60% linen 40% wool.

Sleeves and length are spot on but it's quite tight in the shoulders and upper back (when I stretch my arms out) and I'm worried about it ripping.

If anybody has any experience with this fabric combo could tell me if it might give a little bit with wear I would be most appreciative? I'm worried sizing up one will be too big everywhere else.

Thanks so much.
          I've got a New blazer from SS15(?) in the linen and wool. I have a similar problem with all my Harnden jackets, with the tightness across the shoulders. So far, the linen/cotton one doesn't seem to have stretched at all (although it has softened noticeably); I think this is as much to do with the lining, which seems slightly smaller than the 'outer shell', if you get my meaning, and thereby protects the outer layer from being put under too much stress. But since he switched to that lighter inner fabric from the heavier calico, this might also be an issue.

The seam appears to be double-stitched (i.e. parallel-stitched either side of the centre), and there's no sign of it splitting or even splaying so far...

Comment

• TabulaRasa
            • Jun 2014

I sent mine back and will be getting the XL in 100% linen. I really wanted the black to work for me but it's a bit too much of an investment to rationalize away.
            The music I make.

Comment

• naturalalmonds
              • Sep 2013

Originally posted by zeebee View Post
              Is there a difference in CCP's "diagonal zip" boots vs the "tornado" boot as I've seen them referred to on forums?

I don't have any way to see them in person and online they seem similar.

And what is "seamed" vs non seamed? Any pics would greatly help.
              • Tornado is a nickname for diagonal zips. The difference in those boots is between that model and the side zips.
              • As for seam and no seam, that has to do with the vamp. Either it is two piece construction with a seam (more like a traditional cow boy boot) or it's one-piece construction.
              • No seam is more rare.
              • Side zips are usually older (you don't see new orders of them often) and usually command a lower price second hand.
              • Both are also available lined or unlined.
              • Older diagonal zips have a different last and have a more rounded toe. It is pointier now.
              • At some point the zipper pulls changed as well, they used to be more standard looking pulls and now they're stamped with CCP.
              • At some point they did not have an exposed shank.
              I want to do product, I am a product person, not just clothing but water bottle design - Kanye West

Comment

• 13we2
                • Sep 2015

Can anyone identify which store is this (the spiral stairs)? I saw this place many times, just want to know which store exactly.

Just want to emphasize I am not asking what those shoes are, I am asking which store, according to the background stair.

Thank you so much!

Last edited by 13we2; 01-16-2016, 08:27 AM.

Comment

• Coming
                  • Sep 2013

Can anyone advise on how/if I should have the sleeves of this CCP jacket shortened, how much it might cost, how good the final result could be expected to be

I am reluctant to let anyone mess around with the shoulder, because of the expense and because it is likely they will ruin the shape.
                  Can it be done from the other end, as there is only one button there and the construction looks a bit simpler?

Here is a picture of the cuff

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
                    • Apr 2013

don't shorten it you're going to ruin it if you tailor from that end, just do what the Japanese do and just flip it and wear it.
                    Originally posted by unwashed
                    Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
                    Originally posted by Ahimsa
                    I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• the breaks
                      • Sep 2007

"Flip it and wear it" sounds like a have your cake and eat it too type scenario. Are you talking about cuffing the sleeves?
                      Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• Law
                        • Dec 2013

What's the best e-mail address to reach CCP regarding repairs/alterations?

Comment

• zamb
                          • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Coming View Post
                          Can anyone advise on how/if I should have the sleeves of this CCP jacket shortened, how much it might cost, how good the final result could be expected to be

I am reluctant to let anyone mess around with the shoulder, because of the expense and because it is likely they will ruin the shape.
                          Can it be done from the other end, as there is only one button there and the construction looks a bit simpler?

Here is a picture of the cuff

In another life i have done both and from experience I would not recommend it.
                          CCP shoulders are constructed partly by machine and partly by hand and most alterations people will not understand how to adjust this.

the button holes is also handmade and once button holes are made, its advised not to touch it. I have shortened one before and gotten good results but i woulds not recommend it
                          “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                          .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• zeebee
                            • Dec 2008

Originally posted by naturalalmonds View Post
                            • Tornado is a nickname for diagonal zips. The difference in those boots is between that model and the side zips.
                            • As for seam and no seam, that has to do with the vamp. Either it is two piece construction with a seam (more like a traditional cow boy boot) or it's one-piece construction.
                            • No seam is more rare.
                            • Side zips are usually older (you don't see new orders of them often) and usually command a lower price second hand.
                            • Both are also available lined or unlined.
                            • Older diagonal zips have a different last and have a more rounded toe. It is pointier now.
                            • At some point the zipper pulls changed as well, they used to be more standard looking pulls and now they're stamped with CCP.
                            • At some point they did not have an exposed shank.
                            Awesome answer, thank you so much!!

I've not been able to find any pictures to see difference between seam and no seam.

*edit
                            I just saw these, can someone confirm if these are the seam vs no seam versions? Notice the seam at the heel

http://www.darklandsberlin.com/wordp.../IMG_78411.jpg

http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...ad.php?t=20408
                            Last edited by zeebee; 01-19-2016, 06:49 AM. Reason: link instead of embedding image

Comment

• Lohikaarme
                              • Jul 2013

Originally posted by zamb View Post
                              In another life i have done both and from experience I would not recommend it.
                              CCP shoulders are constructed partly by machine and partly by hand and most alterations people will not understand how to adjust this.

the button holes is also handmade and once button holes are made, its advised not to touch it. I have shortened one before and gotten good results but i woulds not recommend it
                              Short people should just avoid him? Or just do the flip-cuff thing?

Comment

• newp
                                • Feb 2013

Originally posted by Lohikaarme View Post
                                Short people should just avoid him? Or just do the flip-cuff thing?
                                There are a lot of designers with long as in really long sleeves as part of design. Rick blazers, some Rick leathers, m.a+ aviators and bikers, some obscur leathers are good examples besides CCP.
                                Just cuff it and don't mind it.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎