X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tylerpatrickbrand
    • Sep 2015

Originally posted by julian_doe View Post
    Unfortunately, no. You have to head to Miami to find anything worthy of your interest. In Miami there is a RO boutique, and The Alchemist carries some interesting brands (Ann D., Julius).
    I'm going to be getting down to Miami in the next week or so, definitely going to have to check out The Alchemist. Thanks for the info.

Comment

• Arkady
      • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post
      I scrolled through the items quickly when I got the e-mail notification and quite a lot had already sold. I was quite surprised to see some of the 4-figure ($6k+!) Raf parkas etc. sold out so quickly. The breadth of the item list was clearly thought out as no specific genre was targeted... if that DH "the end" tee was my size I would have pulled the trigger on it if only for nostalgia's sake.
      Right I was shocked most everything was gone within a few hours -- don't think I checked much later than 1 pm EST. Perhaps my total is off but I believe it's a quote from a staff member.

This sale further supports my interpretation that the new UX is meant to subtly suggest each posting on Grailed has been curated in some way, which cements trust and subconsciously raises best and final valuations.

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by tylerpatrickbrand View Post
        I'm going to be getting down to Miami in the next week or so, definitely going to have to check out The Alchemist. Thanks for the info.
        Alchemist is what happens when you buy avant-garde with a Miami mentality. Miami turns everything into Dolce & Gabbana.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post
          I scrolled through the items quickly when I got the e-mail notification and quite a lot had already sold. I was quite surprised to see some of the 4-figure ($6k+!) Raf parkas etc. sold out so quickly. The breadth of the item list was clearly thought out as no specific genre was targeted... if that DH "the end" tee was my size I would have pulled the trigger on it if only for nostalgia's sake.
          Originally posted by Arkady View Post
          Right I was shocked most everything was gone within a few hours -- don't think I checked much later than 1 pm EST. Perhaps my total is off but I believe it's a quote from a staff member.

This sale further supports my interpretation that the new UX is meant to subtly suggest each posting on Grailed has been curated in some way, which cements trust and subconsciously raises best and final valuations.
          I know this is conspiracy theory territory, but I would not be at all surprised if none of these items actually sold, but were only marked sold to create additional layer of hype.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Arkady
            • Apr 2011

I had the same thought, I don't think it's all that conspiratorial.

Comment

• Nickefuge
              • Nov 2014

They hired Lawrence Schlossman (Complex / Four-Pins) as a brand director. Let's see what happens next.
              "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
              -Paris Hilton

Comment

• gregor
                • Oct 2014

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                I know this is conspiracy theory territory, but I would not be at all surprised if none of these items actually sold, but were only marked sold to create additional layer of hype.
                i know for a fact that some of them were actually sold prior to the 100 itself, so you're not even completely wrong.

either way, it's all advertising. they lost money on almost every piece that went on sale, but they'll make that back in probably a single day of their new fees, so it's nothing.

grailed is doing everything they need to do, albeit only really from a business standpoint.

Comment

• vtlynch
                  • Sep 2015

recommendations for nice, substantial draw strings for hoodies? im looking for a replacement for a thin little drawstring in an american apparel hoodie.

Comment

• Lohikaarme
                    • Jul 2013

Originally posted by gregor View Post
                    i know for a fact that some of them were actually sold prior to the 100 itself, so you're not even completely wrong.

either way, it's all advertising. they lost money on almost every piece that went on sale, but they'll make that back in probably a single day of their new fees, so it's nothing.

grailed is doing everything they need to do, albeit only really from a business standpoint.
                    Lost money being they bought it from users and then sold it for a loss? I would've assumed they also sent offers to members to buy their stuff.

Comment

• kimuralex
                      • Feb 2012

guys, my leather laces on my guidis have ripped unfortunately.. any idea on where I can get replacement laces? I am in nyc by the way.

Comment

• Lohikaarme
                        • Jul 2013

Originally posted by kimuralex View Post
                        guys, my leather laces on my guidis have ripped unfortunately.. any idea on where I can get replacement laces? I am in nyc by the way.
                        If a craft store or cobbler can't help you, go check out shoelacesexpress.com. Pretty sure I have some laces from them.

Comment

• naturalalmonds
                          • Sep 2013

Originally posted by kimuralex View Post
                          Contact Guidi directly, I was able to get replacements from them before. Also, I've had success using a double fisherman knot on mine to reconnect the broken lace, and a friend has simply superglued his back together.
                          I want to do product, I am a product person, not just clothing but water bottle design - Kanye West

Comment

• gregor
                            • Oct 2014

Originally posted by Lohikaarme View Post
                            Lost money being they bought it from users and then sold it for a loss? I would've assumed they also sent offers to members to buy their stuff.
                            95% of the stuff they put up was bought from users, yeah. i think one of the ideas besides just advertising was to show the best (i.e. most hyped and sought after) pieces that could be found on their site.

Comment

• sshum88
                              • Dec 2007

This answers the question I raised in an exchange with another member yesterday. Most photos in the grailed ads are pretty bad but they all had a pretty clean look for the grailed100.

Originally posted by gregor View Post
                              95% of the stuff they put up was bought from users
                              Originally posted by eat me
                              If you can't see the work past the fucking taped seams , cold dye wash or raw hems - perhaps you shouldn't really be looking at all.

Comment

• hausofblaq
                                • Oct 2014

Wondering if they sold those pieces for under what they bought, which were all 'grails' in someone's eyes to better establish themselves, and attempt to soften the blow of introducing the new fees?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎