X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blacknight
    • May 2013

Originally posted by naturalalmonds View Post
    Contact Guidi directly, I was able to get replacements from them before. Also, I've had success using a double fisherman knot on mine to reconnect the broken lace, and a friend has simply superglued his back together.
    Would you be so kind as to provide me with an email/website that I can contact them directly? The Excella zip on the back of my 988's has torn and I'm also looking to have a fix or replacement.

Comment

• smudge
      • Jul 2012

You can purchase excellas from zipperstop in nyc. They have an online shop too.

Comment

• newp
        • Feb 2013

Originally posted by Blacknight View Post
        Would you be so kind as to provide me with an email/website that I can contact them directly? The Excella zip on the back of my 988's has torn and I'm also looking to have a fix or replacement.
        I had the same problem with 988 fabric just 2 weeks ago (http://i.imgur.com/zqLs1Eh.jpg). My cobbler didn't have anything similar so I've contacted customerservice at guidi.it, got my answer in a week, they have asked my full name, address, phone number and sent me a new zipper free of charge. It has to arrive yet. Be sure to include this data in your initial email, show them photo of the problem, tell them model, size, leather of your shoes and it will fasten the whole process.

Comment

• beyondthemeans
          • Sep 2008

Is there a difference in warmth between Rick Owens cashmere and merino sweaters? Is a merino more suitable for the spring season, where as a cashmere is more winter?

Comment

• unwashed
            • Dec 2008

In my experience it doesn't really matter a lot (considering you are talking about sweater with equal wool thickness). Are you looking for spring or winter sweaters and choosing between materials only? You should take comfort, construction and durability also into account because there is a difference between cashmere and merino from my experience.
            Grailed link

Comment

• Ahimsa
              Vegan Police
              • Sep 2011

Originally posted by beyondthemeans View Post
              Is there a difference in warmth between Rick Owens cashmere and merino sweaters? Is a merino more suitable for the spring season, where as a cashmere is more winter?
              It's mostly about thickness, really. A sheer tissue cashmere won't do much compared to a dense boiled wool, for instance
              StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• Arkady
                • Apr 2011

Is the constant influx of cargobaskets on Grailed and eBay owed to the fact they're difficult to style or pull off unless you're tall or is there some sort of construction / quality issue with this SKU? Always eyeing a pair but can't figure out why they're kryptonite.

Comment

• gregor
                  • Oct 2014

Originally posted by Arkady View Post
                  Is the constant influx of cargobaskets on Grailed and eBay owed to the fact they're difficult to style or pull off unless you're tall or is there some sort of construction / quality issue with this SKU? Always eyeing a pair but can't figure out why they're kryptonite.
                  i think it's styling, they're quite hard, especially since a lot of people buy them without keeping that fact or their wardrobe in mind.

Comment

• Arkady
                    • Apr 2011

They did look a bit ludicrous from a distance the only time I saw them in the wild, but the gentleman was around 5' 6" and I'm more like 6' 1" so it's hard to say. And I don't have a ton of need to smuggle drugs in my old age but I WANT THE OPTION, DAMMIT.

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

I've seen dji rock them well and he's not that tall. But, taller than 5'6". I wouldn't go near them.
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• unwashed
                        • Dec 2008

I don't find em that difficult to style actually. Just look up old pics of Shuit, his fits helped me pull the trigger on them a while back. He wears em very well.
                        Last edited by unwashed; 02-11-2016, 03:56 PM.
                        Grailed link

Comment

• Arkady
                          • Apr 2011

I don't either in the context of my wardrobe, which is why I was wondering if there is some pink sole-like issue with these. Thanks a lot guys.

Comment

• unwashed
                            • Dec 2008

No pink sole in my SS14 iteration, no quality issues so far. I did found a bit of construction glue on the outside on the leather somewhere, but not noticeable unless you inspect every inch of the shoes like I did
                            Grailed link

Comment

• gregor
                              • Oct 2014

Originally posted by Arkady View Post
                              and I don't have a ton of need to smuggle drugs
                              the pocket is far and above my favourite part

perhaps it's not that they're so hard to style, but that most of the time other shoes would look better in their place. they are also quite intimidating, which can be good and bad.

Comment

• Lex1017
                                • Jul 2015

I'm 5'7" and I wear them no laces, with pods or swingers and a long jacket. I might look like an idiot but I love them. You have to let that tongue sag a bit. My inspiration for the styling choice is the old man marley from home alone with the big boots (his boots remind me of the cyclops combat boots as well). Also, the contrast laces makes them stick out a bit too much for my liking. If I put laces in it would be the black on black.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎