Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lohikaarme
    • Jul 2013

Whats the difference (feel, comfort) between Julius's 49% cotton / 43% polyester / 8% polyurethane knit denim, the 94% cotton / 6% polyurethane version, and the Cu/Pe version?
    Last edited by Lohikaarme; 02-13-2016, 02:46 AM. Reason: cleared up question

Comment

• fromcolortoblack
      • Feb 2015

Anyone know if Rick uses cotton threads for his cotton bombers (specifically the SS11 Turbo Fly Bomber)? Or what kind of thread he generally uses? I have one in passport that I'd like to try to dye black.

The composition of the outer is listed as 88% cotton, 10% new wool, and 2% spandex, but I believe the wool and spandex refer to the ribbing. So if the shell is 100% cotton I should be able to dye it. I'm worried if the threads are polyester or something though I'd end up with poorly contrasting threads

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by fromcolortoblack View Post
        Anyone know if Rick uses cotton threads for his cotton bombers (specifically the SS11 Turbo Fly Bomber)? Or what kind of thread he generally uses? I have one in passport that I'd like to try to dye black.

The composition of the outer is listed as 88% cotton, 10% new wool, and 2% spandex, but I believe the wool and spandex refer to the ribbing. So if the shell is 100% cotton I should be able to dye it. I'm worried if the threads are polyester or something though I'd end up with poorly contrasting threads
        Pry an end of the thread loose and set it on fire. If it burns, it's cotton. If it melts and smells, it's polyester.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• beyondthemeans
          • Sep 2008

I think it's going to be hard to dye anything other than 100% cotton. I thought the Turbo bomber was a silk blend as well.

Comment

• fromcolortoblack
            • Feb 2015

Originally posted by Faust View Post
            Pry an end of the thread loose and set it on fire. If it burns, it's cotton. If it melts and smells, it's polyester.
            Thanks for the response Faust. That's a really good idea. I tried it just now and the threads caught fire easily! :) I think that means there's a good chance I can dye it black

Comment

• fromcolortoblack
              • Feb 2015

Originally posted by beyondthemeans View Post
              I think it's going to be hard to dye anything other than 100% cotton. I thought the Turbo bomber was a silk blend as well.
              I think Rick made several models in different compositions. To my knowledge he made a padded nylon version FW09, a cotton(?) version SS11, and a silk blend version -- but I'm not sure what season for the silk blend one.

Comment

• neongud
                • Mar 2013

I think Rick made several models in different compositions. To my knowledge he made a padded nylon version FW09, a cotton(?) version SS11, and a silk blend version -- but I'm not sure what season for the silk blend one.
                88% cotton version is the ss11 one yeah. Got one coming in the mail now, so hyped. Seriously, nothing else makes me so happy as to have a Rick item forthcoming.

Comment

• fromcolortoblack
                  • Feb 2015

Originally posted by neongud View Post
                  88% cotton version is the ss11 one yeah. Got one coming in the mail now, so hyped. Seriously, nothing else makes me so happy as to have a Rick item forthcoming.
                  That's awesome man. What size and where you find it? Mine was a small I found on Rakuten

Comment

• neongud
                    • Mar 2013

That's awesome man. What size and where you find it? Mine was a small I found on Rakuten
                    Large from grailed. In black.

Comment

• eleves
                      • Sep 2012

Might be a bit strange of a question but does anyone know somewhere or someone who would be able to restore foil lettering on leather? Specifically on these gloves:
                      Originally posted by Faust
                      HOBBY?! HOBBY?!?!?!?!?! You are on SZ, buddy - it ain't no hobby, it's passion, religion, and unbounded cosmic love rolled into one.

Comment

• zeebee
                        • Dec 2008

Can someone confirm that the shape of cotton vs leather RO Ramones are shaped differently? The cotton ones seem to be narrower (or less of an arch) where the top of the foot is.

Comment

• jumpoff
                          • Jan 2008

Anyone know of a good tailor in London?

Need to change the zipper and the ribbed cuffs on a RO leather. Preferably a tailor that actually have ribbed fabric and quality zippers (or is willing to get it from somewhere) and won't tell me to source it myself and then come back.

Comment

• Shadowvault
                            • Oct 2014

Originally posted by Lohikaarme View Post
                            Anyone know where to get the images of the old collections of Julius, mostly the pre-09 stuff? I remember it used to be available on the julius-garden website, but that functionality is gone and most of the archive snaps are broken.
                            I am also interested in this

Comment

• radio-aktivität
                              • Jan 2011

Does anybody know what happened to occulter? ahn, maybe you know something?

Comment

• lowrey
                                ventiundici
                                • Dec 2006

I stumbled upon their site just a few weeks ago. it was being redesigned/relaunched or something, but I have no idea if it had been like that for long as now the domain is expired.
                                "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎