• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lowrey
    ventiundici
    • Dec 2006

Originally posted by casem View Post
    I'm not very familiar with Yohji sizing, can anyone advise is a 2 or 3 closer to a 48? I've read conflicting opinions... I believe when I've tried Yohji before a size 2 fit me better but I think 3 is the sample size?

There's a shirt I'm thinking about ordering online and can't try on first, I want it to fit relaxed but not huge.
    if it's any help, I'm a regular to big 50 and the two Yohji shirts I have in 3 fit relaxed, but not oversized. By relaxed I mean that they are not fitted around the torso, shoulders and sleeves are somewhat fitted but not tight by any means. One of them is current season, other one a couple of seasons old.
    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by casem View Post
      I'm not very familiar with Yohji sizing, can anyone advise is a 2 or 3 closer to a 48? I've read conflicting opinions... I believe when I've tried Yohji before a size 2 fit me better but I think 3 is the sample size?

There's a shirt I'm thinking about ordering online and can't try on first, I want it to fit relaxed but not huge.
      I vote 2.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• gregor
        • Oct 2014

Originally posted by falkenauge View Post
        How's the quality on Boris' Bambas from FW15/16?

I've heard that there may be issues with the sole.

Thanks
        i don't know if he fixed them but the bambas i had are terrible quality on the soles, which is my only (but still sizeable) qualm with them.

Comment

• Thirteen
          • Aug 2015

Originally posted by gregor View Post
          i don't know if he fixed them but the bambas i had are terrible quality on the soles, which is my only (but still sizeable) qualm with them.
          Must be why they now have the double sole variation:

Comment

• Arkady
            • Apr 2011

You mean after vibramming them Gregor?

Comment

• gregor
              • Oct 2014

i don't really understand the question, but i elected not to vibram them, which i really should have. the stock sole disintegrates really quickly.

after vibramming they should be fine but the sole had a really odd grip to begin with.

Comment

• Arkady
                • Apr 2011

That was the question, it's pretty clearly made of a rubber that breaks into pieces from impact so probably should be treated like leather and vibrammed immediately.

Comment

• skavant
                  • Sep 2014

Is it that necessary to vibram them or heel taps are just fine? I myself also own a pair of Bamba3 but I haven't done anything to them yet.

Comment

• gregor
                    • Oct 2014

oh, then yes, absolutely, they do require some on top of treading lightly.

i'd say heel taps are probably fine as the heel obviously wears faster than the rest of the shoe, but honestly maybe they fixed the issue. mine were fw12 so there's a gap in my knowledge of their quality.

Comment

• GucciAmen
                      • Sep 2014

Recently picked up a bbs wool/nylon knit (f/w weight) from a seller, and the left shoulder/upper arm/just below armhole is noticeably looser than the right, otherwise condition is near perfect.

Is there are any way I can shrink back this side to match the other? I fear the guy might have hung up the sweater while he had it.

Thanks

Comment

• fromcolortoblack
                        • Feb 2015

Looking to get some shorts for the summer. Thoughts on pods vs memphis pods?

Comment

• tong1801
                          • Oct 2012

Does anyone here know of any other Damir Doma online stockist other than their own webstore, ssense, matches and those on farfetch?

Comment

• electricgecko
                            • May 2012

Originally posted by fromcolortoblack View Post
                            Looking to get some shorts for the summer. Thoughts on pods vs memphis pods?
                            i own both kinds of shorts and went for light, coated drkshdw memphis and thick wool regular pods. memphis is super practical (10 pockets or so) and rougher/utilitarian-looking, which goes well with some of the technical stuff i like to wear. pods are more of an understated, classic look, obviously. like to pair them with rick blazers especially.

Comment

• Nickefuge
                              • Nov 2014

Originally posted by tong1801 View Post
                              Does anyone here know of any other Damir Doma online stockist other than their own webstore, ssense, matches and those on farfetch?
                              Wrong Weather, LN-CC, The Corner

Re: Rick shorts
                              The basket swingers in the silk-blend iteration are great for extreme summer temperatures.
                              "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
                              -Paris Hilton

Comment

• falkenauge
                                • Nov 2015

can someone explain what "object dyed" means?

I've tried Google but couldn't find an answer.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎