• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ADreamofBlue
    • Sep 2015

Originally posted by TriggerDiscipline View Post
    what do you guys do for beater shoes?
    For everyday wear, I have a pair of APL Tech-Looms (black/white) and blacked-out Nike Free Run 2s I go between. When I care about what I'm wearing, I usually default to my Ramone highs if I can't make up my mind.
    who slips in to my body and whispers to my ghost?

Comment

• neostrifeX
      • Jun 2013

what do you guys do for beater shoes?
      MMM Replica (Germy Army Trainers). I have a pair in all white without the grey or gum sole that I bought a long while back and they're extremely comfortable so I decided to have them as beaters.

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
        • Apr 2013

I've been using Julius creepers and fw tall boots as beaters but the design is too loud on both so I'm trying to find alternatives, Guidi is too sock like for my intended use, unless I get the hiking boot or something like that,

thanks for everyone's super suggestions.
        Originally posted by unwashed
        Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
        Originally posted by Ahimsa
        I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• curiouscharles
          • Jan 2008

I've been using Julius creepers and fw tall boots as beaters but the design is too loud on both so I'm trying to find alternatives, Guidi is too sock like for my intended use, unless I get the hiking boot or something like that,

thanks for everyone's super suggestions.
          I have the same issue with Guidi typically, but I find the new V / vibram sole models help alleviate this somewhat.

-

Comment

• zamb
            • Nov 2006

Triggerman

get some Carpe 5 holes in calf man, or some carpe side zips.......
            there is absolutely nothing that beat those to this day as an everyday boot/ shoes once they have broken in.
            “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
            .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• curiouscharles
              • Jan 2008

Originally posted by zamb View Post
              Triggerman

get some Carpe 5 holes in calf man, or some carpe side zips.......
              there is absolutely nothing that beat those to this day as an everyday boot/ shoes once they have broken in.
              plus they can also be had for dirt cheap prices these days.

-

Comment

• zamb
                • Nov 2006

Originally posted by curiouscharles View Post
                plus they can also be had for dirt cheap prices these days.
                Yep, if I wasnt under some strict austerity measures i would have picked up about 2 or 3 pairs over the holidays......
                “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• curiouscharles
                  • Jan 2008

Originally posted by zamb View Post
                  Yep, if I wasnt under some strict austerity measures i would have picked up about 2 or 3 pairs over the holidays......
                  yeah, "collector" interest has completely fallen off.

coincidentally, so has my interest in wearing them :/

two-years-ago-me would have bought a full style run by now...

-

Comment

• SafetyKat
                    • Aug 2014

I've been using Julius creepers and fw tall boots as beaters.
                    I tried on the ss tall boots yesterday . How are the soles holding out on those puppys?

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
                      • Apr 2013

I appreciate the suggestion but I don't like carpe diem or m.a+

the crepe sole is whatever, I think julius makes really comfortable shoes, but the designs recently don't sit well with me, and it seems to be getting worse every season
                      Originally posted by unwashed
                      Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
                      Originally posted by Ahimsa
                      I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• tong1801
                        • Oct 2012

Trigger if you don't mind nike, take a look at the SFB boots

Comment

• gregor
                          • Oct 2014

Ann sneaks.

Like chucks, but without the terrible proportions.

Also can be found quite cheap used if cost is a concern [which it typically will be when looking for beaters].
                          ann sneaks are good too, i love my scamosciatos and can kind of just throw them on as though they were beaters, but i like them too much to wear them completely into the ground. the sole is also terrible on my pair for beating.

Comment

• curiouscharles
                            • Jan 2008

Originally posted by gregor View Post
                            ann sneaks are good too, i love my scamosciatos and can kind of just throw them on as though they were beaters, but i like them too much to wear them completely into the ground. the sole is also terrible on my pair for beating.
                            eventually you just have to let go... and wear them into the ground. [ed: watch me not be able to take my own advice ;p ]

luckily i've developed a good relationship with my cobbler [the oak bay cobbler on the ave], and he's gotten pretty good at doing sneaker sole protections / replacements for me.

definitely still feeling you though - been tromping around in my ss16 tooth soled sneaks for just over a week now, and i'm already dreading the day the sole wears through [as it won't be easy, or possible, to replace / repair].

-

Comment

• gregor
                              • Oct 2014

eventually you just have to let go... and wear them into the ground. [ed: watch me not be able to take my own advice ;p ]

luckily i've developed a good relationship with my cobbler [the oak bay cobbler on the ave], and he's gotten pretty good at doing sneaker sole protections / replacements for me.

definitely still feeling you though - been tromping around in my ss16 tooth soled sneaks for just over a week now, and i'm already dreading the day the sole wears through [as it won't be easy, or possible, to replace / repair].
                              you kind of inspired me to, the snow is melting and the streets and they're all i've been able to wear this past week

good thing she does sneakers well and often enough that replacing them isn't hard. what is hard however is finding something nice that cuts such a gorgeous silhouette. i love the sock (or in anns case more very slim shafted) kind of look and she does it better than rick or anyone who has similarly tight shafted sneakers.

Comment

• curiouscharles
                                • Jan 2008

Originally posted by gregor View Post
                                you kind of inspired me to, the snow is melting and the streets and they're all i've been able to wear this past week

good thing she does sneakers well and often enough that replacing them isn't hard. what is hard however is finding something nice that cuts such a gorgeous silhouette. i love the sock (or in anns case more very slim shafted) kind of look and she does it better than rick or anyone who has similarly tight shafted sneakers.

glad to hear it!

you know what's funny, is despite owning an embarrassing amount of Ann sneaks [95% of them second hand], i've still yet to own a pair of anything taller than the mid-tops.

i developed a strange aversion to tucking jeans into anything but certain heights of combat boots [of which i only own one pair these days], so i've been a tall-sock + cuffed 5-year-old-acnes + Ann sneaks for the past six months.

i feel like a casual, a filthy [comfy] casual.

-

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎