Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lohikaarme
    • Jul 2013

Here's a strange question... can anyone identify this sweater? My buddy got it for me. No tags, no composition and no real identifiable information. Reminds me of Label Under Construction and very well might be an old sweater from the brand...

The technique/pattern swaps throughout

Not exactly a "hole" but there is a neck loop...

Comment

• aussy
      • Jul 2011

Originally posted by cabl3 View Post
      My big toe is crammed up against the front of the toe-box, which is also just a bit narrow.
      In my experience, Guidi backzips are tight on the vamp and sometimes toecap. But that boot sounds like its way too short for you. Stretching wouldn't remedy that, so its definitely the wrong size.

Comment

• lowrey
        ventiundici
        • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Lohikaarme View Post
        Here's a strange question... can anyone identify this sweater? My buddy got it for me. No tags, no composition and no real identifiable information.
        Looks like a LUC knit. There isn't anyone else doing techniques like that. I think from quite a few years ago, but not sure

I'm curious how, why and where he ended up buying.something if there was no information on the garment?
        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Dropt
          • May 2009

Reminds me of Label Under Construction and very well might be an old sweater from the brand...
          It is indeed an old sweater from LUC; no idea what season its from though…

Comment

• curiouscharles
            • Jan 2008

Originally posted by hausofblaq View Post
            Friend / SA at Nordstrom is telling me that the current DRKSHDW pieces they have use YKK zips, can anyone confirm that?

I thought DRKSHDW stuck with Raccagni, while mainline went with YKK.
            My DRKSHDW parka from AW15 still has Raccagni zips so is this a very recent change?

Either that or he's confusing mainline pieces with DRKSHDW.
            first delivery just came in, it's definitely raccagni [on both mainline rick, & drkshdw].
            —
            -

Comment

• cabl3
              • Dec 2008

Originally posted by augustinn View Post
              If they're horse, they will stretch out nicely--though I do like to have a good inch between my big toe and the end of the shoe.
              Thanks for the input. Yes they are horse, but looking like they're just too short in the end.

Originally posted by aussy View Post
              In my experience, Guidi backzips are tight on the vamp and sometimes toecap. But that boot sounds like its way too short for you. Stretching wouldn't remedy that, so its definitely the wrong size.
              What a bummer, this is exactly what I was in denial about. Great, now to deal with exchanges...and hoping they have my size in stock.
              "If you want to tell the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you."
              - Wilde

Comment

• Lohikaarme
                • Jul 2013

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                Looks like a LUC knit. There isn't anyone else doing techniques like that. I think from quite a few years ago, but not sure

I'm curious how, why and where he ended up buying.something if there was no information on the garment?
                Originally posted by Dropt View Post
                It is indeed an old sweater from LUC; no idea what season its from though…
                Thanks... that's what I thought. Looked too LUC for it not be LUC.

As for my friend, he was thrift shopping in Japan and found it. Super cheap because no tags (labels/composition/whatever). Very soft handfeel.

Comment

• newp
                  • Feb 2013

Thanks... that's what I thought. Looked too LUC for it not be LUC.

As for my friend, he was thrift shopping in Japan and found it. Super cheap because no tags (labels/composition/whatever). Very soft handfeel.
                  LUC doesn't have any tags like this indeed. Check your garment carefully at the back closer to neck: if you see a small hole there it's 100% LUC, they punch an item there with wire to hold all the tags.

Comment

• bukka
                    • Sep 2011

Originally posted by newp View Post
                    LUC doesn't have any tags like this indeed. Check your garment carefully at the back closer to neck: if you see a small hole there it's 100% LUC, they punch an item there with wire to hold all the tags.
                    Some don't have the hole though.
                    Eternity is in love with the productions of time

Comment

• Lohikaarme
                      • Jul 2013

Originally posted by newp View Post
                      Originally posted by bukka View Post
                      For sure no hole. That would've been the dead giveaway for me. The neckloop is the closest thing to a hole, so I figure that's where they stuffed the tags.
                      Last edited by Lohikaarme; 03-15-2016, 01:36 PM.

Comment

• newp
                        • Feb 2013

Originally posted by bukka View Post
                        Yes, like blazers, but all knits I've seen had it. Well, even better then.

Comment

• gregor
                          • Oct 2014

any montreal users wanna remind me which simons locations have bbs? going to be in town tomorrow

Comment

• stagename
                            • Oct 2011

Originally posted by gregor View Post
                            any montreal users wanna remind me which simons locations have bbs? going to be in town tomorrow
                            Downtown Montreal (Ste Catherine street) but I believe they haven't received the SS16 collection yet, so I'd give them a call before showing up there.

Comment

• naturalalmonds
                              • Sep 2013

Simons opens in Toronto on Thursday. Anyone know if they'll be stocking it at that location?
                              I want to do product, I am a product person, not just clothing but water bottle design - Kanye West

Comment

• gregor
                                • Oct 2014

stagename cheers, i'll be downtown anyway, so i'll pop in there anyway. i'll see if they have ss16 but won't hold high hopes.

they'll probably carry it in toronto, though, too.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎