Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gregor
    • Oct 2014

grosgrain and corduroy have slightly different stitching techniques, and the compositions of each is also mostly different. grosgrain, as i know it is much lighter and softer, as well as way tougher than corduroy, which is basically velvet.

Comment

• SketchingJack
      • Aug 2015

Is there a good platform to trade garments? I don't really need anything and I don't really need to get rid of anything, I just think it could be interesting

Comment

• gregor
        • Oct 2014

here is your best bet, honestly.

Comment

• Espresto
          • Feb 2016

Anyone here have Rick bottoms in the TE material? I'm finding them to be a bit too stiff, and dust-magnets too. Does the stiffness go away with time? Am I just going to need to get a lint brush?

Comment

• beyondthemeans
            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Espresto View Post
            Anyone here have Rick bottoms in the TE material? I'm finding them to be a bit too stiff, and dust-magnets too. Does the stiffness go away with time? Am I just going to need to get a lint brush?
            What do you mean with TE? Is that the woven cotton spandex fabric?

Comment

• Lex1017
              • Jul 2015

If you are referring to 97% cotton 3% elastane, I have shorts and cropped trousers in that fabric. I love them. The fabric does stay relatively stiff, but I like it. Has anyone encountered pockets of Rick trousers/shorts falling apart? My cropped trousers developed holes in both pocket linings in about 5 months. I feel like re-lining them might be tough.

Comment

• oulipien
                • Feb 2016

Any recommendations for things to do/shops etc. to visit in Stockholm? (Apologies is this is not the appropriate thread for this question.)

Comment

• beyondthemeans
                  • Sep 2008

Originally posted by oulipien View Post
                  Any recommendations for things to do/shops etc. to visit in Stockholm? (Apologies is this is not the appropriate thread for this question.)

What are you looking for? There's not so many shops carrying SZ-related brands, but you could look into JUS or Les Market.

Also make sure to go to Moderna Museet. It is in no comparison of Tate or Moma, but they put on some quite decent shows.

Comment

• oulipien
                    • Feb 2016

Originally posted by beyondthemeans View Post
                    What are you looking for?
                    Anything really---I've got nothing in particular in mind, and am going primarily because I'm backpacking for a week in the north of Sweden and have heard it's a pleasant city. (Heading to Berlin afterwards.) So, really, anything anyone thinks is interesting in some way, I'd be happy to hear about.

Comment

• galia
                      • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Lex1017 View Post
                      If you are referring to 97% cotton 3% elastane, I have shorts and cropped trousers in that fabric. I love them. The fabric does stay relatively stiff, but I like it. Has anyone encountered pockets of Rick trousers/shorts falling apart? My cropped trousers developed holes in both pocket linings in about 5 months. I feel like re-lining them might be tough.
                      I don't know how your shorts are built, but pockets in unlined garmets are very easy to replace by even a moderately competent seamstress / taylor. If your problem in a hole at the bottom of the pocket, I would even recommend a fast and ugly home stitch job, it doesn't have to look pretty, just stop stuff from falling out.

tl;dt : it's an easy fix, nbd

Comment

• Lex1017
                        • Jul 2015

Originally posted by galia View Post
                        I don't know how your shorts are built, but pockets in unlined garmets are very easy to replace by even a moderately competent seamstress / taylor. If your problem in a hole at the bottom of the pocket, I would even recommend a fast and ugly home stitch job, it doesn't have to look pretty, just stop stuff from falling out.

tl;dt : it's an easy fix, nbd
                        O, multiple home stitch jobs have been attempting to hold these bad boys together, but I think a trip to alterations is in store. Thanks for the head up!

Comment

• SketchingJack
                          • Aug 2015

This has probably been asked before but the laces on my Guidi 992s snapped as i was pulling them on today. Is there a way to replace Guidi laces/good alternatives?

Comment

• skullkid
                            • Aug 2015

i would buy a pair of waxed nylon ones as replacement. the orginal laces are leather and i found them too be too fragile.

Comment

• okayvin
                              • Sep 2013

Originally posted by skullkid View Post
                              i would buy a pair of waxed nylon ones as replacement. the orginal laces are leather and i found them too be too fragile.
                              i'd rather have fragile laces + fragile eyelets than strong laces and fragile eyelets. you can replace the laces easily but not the leather placket

Comment

• kOrtuoste
                                • May 2016

How do M.A+ side lace derbies fit? I have a wide foot so I don't know if I should go tts or size up (might be too long).

Can anyone recommend footwear better for wide feet?

TIA
                                IG

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎