X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • curiouscharles
    • Jan 2008

Originally posted by gustavobradley View Post
    Anyone have any idea what the leather code LN represents for Rick jackets?
    already replied to your other post, but i'll quote myself:

"
    what season?

on my walrus composition sheet i see "LN - NAKED - 100% LAMB LEATHER"

don't see it on mastodon.

on cyclops it's listed as "LN - NUVOLA - 100% LAMB LEATHER"
    "

-

Comment

• gustavobradley
      • Jun 2016

Haha yeah, I saw that and replied there too. Thank you sir!

Comment

• curiouscharles
        • Jan 2008

Originally posted by gustavobradley View Post
        Haha yeah, I saw that and replied there too. Thank you sir!
        plaisir!

-

Comment

• singsong
          • Dec 2015

My fat gut blew one of the beautiful buttons off my favourite Zam pants. Anyone have suggestions in repairing the button, or perhaps an alternate method of attachment now that it's broken?

I would hate to use a non-matching button, as they're the highlight of the pants to me...

Comment

• gregor
            • Oct 2014

doesn't zam repair his pieces if you get into contact with him about it? though this is pretty minor; most tailors will especially if you still have the original button.

really isn't that hard.

Comment

• Lex1017
              • Jul 2015

I'm pretty sure he's saying the physical button is broken. The picture looks like he blew out the centre. I would say contact Zamb to see if he has any left.

Comment

• ADreamofBlue
                • Sep 2015

Get in touch with Zam about these buttons. I imagine he'll sell you some so you can sew them on yourself. I had to do this with a shirt of mine after it went through the dry cleaners and lost a button.
                who slips in to my body and whispers to my ghost?

Comment

• amulet
                  • Apr 2015

Have any of you guys ever bought from Doshaburi? the website seems legit - but I thought it was worthwhile asking?

Apologies if this has been asked before!

Comment

• massivegoldteeth
                    • Oct 2011

wrinkled reverse horse leather for shoes/boots

I would be grateful for more information on wrinkled reverse horse leather on boots/shoes. Any recommended links or knowledge someone could share would be helpful. I'm curious to learn more about this particular type of leather on shoes and boots as some basic search suggests wrinkled leather is not good. However, Guidi has many styles with reverse horse leather (not cordovan as I understand it) and so does A1923.
                    Last edited by massivegoldteeth; 07-10-2016, 05:34 AM.

Comment

• skullkid
                      • Aug 2015

It's the reverse side of the leather (hence the name). They are also called Suede...Guidi's leather is of course one of the best. No worry about their quality.

Originally posted by massivegoldteeth View Post
                      I would be grateful for more information on wrinkled reverse horse leather on boots/shoes. Any recommended links or knowledge someone could share would be helpful. I'm curious to learn more about this particular type of leather on shoes and boots as some basic search suggests wrinkled leather is not good. However, Guidi has many styles with reverse horse leather (not cordovan as I understand it) and so does A1923.

Comment

• Glanton
                        • Jun 2016

I'm heading to Hostem Tomorrow (first time) to see the collection of P.R Patterson, from what I can tell the Brand looks wonderful but is there any reason it isn't really discussed on here? Is it that there are just so few stockists that nobody really has the chance to handle any?

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Glanton View Post
                          I'm heading to Hostem Tomorrow (first time) to see the collection of P.R Patterson, from what I can tell the Brand looks wonderful but is there any reason it isn't really discussed on here? Is it that there are just so few stockists that nobody really has the chance to handle any?
                          Never handled any. Also, not sure if you know but Hostem is being renovated, so they have a pretty small temp shop as of now. Perhaps it's worth calling them beforehand to make sure the stuff is available.
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Lohikaarme
                            • Jul 2013

Suede usually refers to a leather where the top's been shaved off a tiny bit for the nap. Roughout or (for here) reverse is a more common term.

Originally posted by skullkid View Post
                            It's the reverse side of the leather (hence the name). They are also called Suede...Guidi's leather is of course one of the best. No worry about their quality.

Comment

• beyondthemeans
                              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by BrianK View Post
                              Who is Chet Dillon by the way? Is he Boris Saberi's brother or just managing the store ? I see him all over BBS hashtags on instagram
                              Grailed published an interview with him here.

Sorry to say, but I think this guy is perfect for the brand, but maybe I'm the only one here who dislikes BBS.

He also had something to say about SZ
                              When did you find out about Grailed and how and how do you utilize the platform? What kinds of items do you sell?

To be honest, I don't exactly remember - I feel like you told me about Grailed when we met at the store.

Maybe...haha. Sounds familiar

I use Grailed for a number of things. I've sold things for other people, I've sold personal stuff - working at Boris at this point in time, I pretty much only wear Boris, not necessarily exclusively, but primarily just because I work and rep the brand and I like what I do. So I've sold a lot of my old stuff on Grailed - Plokhov, MA+, lots and lots and lots of Rick, CCP, some Haider - stuff like that. Some Guidi. For me it's less of the hype Yeezy stuff and more of the Grailed high end fashion stuff that I've kept over the years. Chrome Hearts, Werkstatt, etc… I would say that it's definitely the most fair marketplace for a new consumer, post-Style Zeitgeist. Style Zeitgeist always had an older consumer that understood the product, however they weren’t always so quick to buy the product you know - items would sit for a month or more. For me Grailed was that perfect medium between eBay and Style Zeitgeist. One that has an informed consumer that prices items to move competitively.

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Sounds about right - if you want a fair price but stuff will sit longer, SZ, if you want a lowball offer from some kid who doesn't know how to write but knows BBS, Grailed. I have no problem with that - it's all about what you want. I know they also got butthurt because of my article, so I wouldn't be surprised if this has been slightly edited. ;-)

Another question - I am looking at an item at a store that advertises on FarFetch. On the store page the item is cheaper than on FarFetch. Will FarFetch pricematch? Or do they jack up the price and then lure a customer with a 20% sale that no longer means anything?
                                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎