• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lowrey
    ventiundici
    • Dec 2006

haha.

grailed could use some help in writing, that was like a high school yearbook interview [
    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Arkady
      • Apr 2011

I've lost the narrative of indignation and am no longer sure if grailed is still satan incarnate or now supposed to be catering to us fancymen.

I thought the style fit the content platform well enough, but the content's not aimed at me. I'm very happy being "older and understanding" per their editors

Comment

• Guun
        • Nov 2014

Very true, their writing is quite mediocre. Then again, their target audience is mostly like high school kids buying Rick and supreme with their parents money so I guess it fits.

They actually contacted my friend and are paying him to write editorials for them haha

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
        haha.

grailed could use some help in writing, that was like a high school yearbook interview [
        insta ʕᵔᴥᵔʔ last.fm

Comment

• Lex1017
          • Jul 2015

Originally posted by Faust View Post
          Sounds about right - if you want a fair price but stuff will sit longer, SZ, if you want a lowball offer from some kid who doesn't know how to write but knows BBS, Grailed. I have no problem with that - it's all about what you want. I know they also got butthurt because of my article, so I wouldn't be surprised if this has been slightly edited. ;-)

Another question - I am looking at an item at a store that advertises on FarFetch. On the store page the item is cheaper than on FarFetch. Will FarFetch pricematch? Or do they jack up the price and then lure a customer with a 20% sale that no longer means anything?
          I've wondered the same thing. I generally go to the boutiques website if they have one. Sometimes farfetch's price doesn't update when the particular boutique may be having a sale on it. In that case I think it's a matter of timing. I figured the price difference in general was a commission farfetch would take, a finders fee of sorts.

Comment

• gustavobradley
            • Jun 2016

Grailed outsourcing a lot of their writing leads to super varied quality I find. Most of it isn't good by any stretch, but there's been a few articles that were informative and (generally) well-written, regardless of subject matter.

Clearly the content is created to move product on their site, but it's interesting to me that they've gone this route to do so.

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by gustavobradley View Post
              Grailed outsourcing a lot of their writing leads to super varied quality I find. Most of it isn't good by any stretch, but there's been a few articles that were informative and (generally) well-written, regardless of subject matter.

Clearly the content is created to move product on their site, but it's interesting to me that they've gone this route to do so.
              The good ones are probably written by Jian DeLeon, who is a quality journalist.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Lex1017 View Post
                I've wondered the same thing. I generally go to the boutiques website if they have one. Sometimes farfetch's price doesn't update when the particular boutique may be having a sale on it. In that case I think it's a matter of timing. I figured the price difference in general was a commission farfetch would take, a finders fee of sorts.
                I got my answer from FarFetch's customer service. Basically, they said that the stores set the price on FarFetch themselves. So, basically when FarFetch will run a sale, they can temporarily jack up prices, which will invalidate the sale, but the sale notice will still attract customers. Pretty lame.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• tapchung
                  • Oct 2013

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                  I got my answer from FarFetch's customer service. Basically, they said that the stores set the price on FarFetch themselves. So, basically when FarFetch will run a sale, they can temporarily jack up prices, which will invalidate the sale, but the sale notice will still attract customers. Pretty lame.
                  I still had a few times when Farfetch runs a sale and the price listed on FF is still significantly lower than the price listed on the store's website. These were in the case of Patron of the New.

Comment

• Anton
                    • Oct 2014

Greetings all, anybody can comment on Marsell sizing? I'm thinking about getting a pair of back zip loafers. I'm usually size 44/44.5 depending on the brand. Never had a pair of Marsell's and can't try them on as I wanna order online. How do they run?
                    I love beautiful melodies, telling me terrible things.
                    My Music: https://soundcloud.com/iamanton

Comment

• blackfedora
                      • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Anton View Post
                      Greetings all, anybody can comment on Marsell sizing? I'm thinking about getting a pair of back zip loafers. I'm usually size 44/44.5 depending on the brand. Never had a pair of Marsell's and can't try them on as I wanna order online. How do they run?
                      They tend to run a size large from my experience. Are you able to contact the store? If so, an outsole measurement of 32-33cm should indicate the correct size. I'm a 44 as well and with few exceptions, my boots measure in the range quoted above.

Comment

• Anton
                        • Oct 2014

Originally posted by blackfedora View Post
                        They tend to run a size large from my experience. Are you able to contact the store? If so, an outsole measurement of 32-33cm should indicate the correct size. I'm a 44 as well and with few exceptions, my boots measure in the range quoted above.
                        Thanks, I'll check with them!

Comment

• Ahimsa
                          Vegan Police
                          • Sep 2011

Originally posted by tapchung View Post
                          I still had a few times when Farfetch runs a sale and the price listed on FF is still significantly lower than the price listed on the store's website. These were in the case of Patron of the New.
                          I've found this to be the case with A.F. Vandevorst as well. It's almost always a few hundred $ cheaper on Farfetch than their own site.
                          StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• Stalker
                            • Aug 2015

Originally posted by blackfedora View Post
                            Yes, I own two pairs of Marsell shoes and both run one size large.

Comment

• Anton
                              • Oct 2014

Quite strange, I contacted the seller and he said that the shoes(size 44) are Outsole: 12.5" which is almost 32 centimetres...Yet both Blackfedora and Stalker saying they run a size large...
                              Here is the listing by the way: http://www.ebay.com/itm/NIB-845-Mars...3D131866087470

Comment

• Stalker
                                • Aug 2015

^ I'd simply contact the seller and ask about the sizing.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎