X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Espresto
    • Feb 2016

Originally posted by massivegoldteeth View Post
    Anyone have experience shopping with svmoscow, Eth0s, or Ink?
    Eth0s is local for me, so I've only bought in-store. Love the place.

Comment

• newp
      • Feb 2013

svmoscow is a great store for both online shopping and personal visit.

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

These stores are here for a reason. Of course they all have excellent service.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• galia
          • Jun 2009

Originally posted by TriggerDiscipline View Post
          I have one of the wallets, not the horse one and actually have no idea what the hole is for either, kind of interesting, because I hadn't thought about it much until now, but I do not think it serves a unique purpose.
          The hole is the eye of the whale IIRC, or maybe theblowhole. If you lay the whalet flat open it makes a kind of whale with its tail folded back over itself

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
            • Apr 2013

Originally posted by galia View Post
            The hole is the eye of the whale IIRC, or maybe theblowhole. If you lay the whalet flat open it makes a kind of whale with its tail folded back over itself
            I would like to see that from sruli himself lol not all the whalets are made from whale foreskin.
            Originally posted by unwashed
            Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
            Originally posted by Ahimsa
            I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• scifim
              • Jan 2016

Hi everyone!

Not sure if I'm posting this in the correct thread, but some of the teeth came loose and I lost them-- zipper is still intact though, but can be tough to zip up and down at times. Anyone know if there's a possible fix for this? I'm assuming sourcing these teeth will be fairly difficult?

Edit: if I paste the image it comes out as massive so will provide a link instead.

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users like VL16.
              Last edited by scifim; 08-04-2016, 09:15 PM.

Comment

• jimmycs
                • Mar 2014

Originally posted by scifim View Post
                Hi everyone!

Not sure if I'm posting this in the correct thread, but some of the teeth came loose and I lost them-- zipper is still intact though, but can be tough to zip up and down at times. Anyone know if there's a possible fix for this? I'm assuming sourcing these teeth will be fairly difficult?

Edit: if I paste the image it comes out as massive so will provide a link instead.

http://imgur.com/MMJKIt1
                Never seen case like that with teeth falling off.
                Seems to me that the next best thing to do is replace the whole zip, no ?

With the missing teeth, it seems difficult to recover.

Comment

• lowrey
                  ventiundici
                  • Dec 2006

I'm pretty sure it will be impossible to make it work perfectly, I would consider having a tailor replace the whole zipper
                  "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• eleves
                    • Sep 2012

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                    I'm pretty sure it will be impossible to make it work perfectly, I would consider having a tailor replace the whole zipper
                    Going to second lowrey here. From firsthand experience, you'll definitely have to replace the whole thing
                    Originally posted by Faust
                    HOBBY?! HOBBY?!?!?!?!?! You are on SZ, buddy - it ain't no hobby, it's passion, religion, and unbounded cosmic love rolled into one.

Comment

• zamb
                      • Nov 2006

third lowrey and eleves,

best bet is new Zipper and this is from a man who works with Zippers daily and nightly
                      “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                      .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• jimmycs
                        • Mar 2014

One would think that with RO price/quality, they would be using non cheap materials and to see something like this happen...would be a total disappointment to me. Could it be that RO is mass producing and falling behind in quality control ?

Comment

• nvsnli
                          • Mar 2013

Originally posted by jimmycs View Post
                          One would think that with RO price/quality, they would be using non cheap materials and to see something like this happen...would be a total disappointment to me. Could it be that RO is mass producing and falling behind in quality control ?
                          My old RO Hooded bomber jacket was so poor in quality that i dont miss that particular jacket at all.
                          First week three buttons fell off and pockets tore up.

H&M has better quality than that jacket was.

Comment

• jimmycs
                            • Mar 2014

Originally posted by nvsnli View Post
                            My old RO Hooded bomber jacket was so poor in quality that i dont miss that particular jacket at all.
                            First week three buttons fell off and pockets tore up.

H&M has better quality than that jacket was.
                            That is a revelation. Maybe I am assuming too much.

Comment

• headpower
                              • Aug 2009

My red Guidi boot zipper tape is ripped apart from the stitches. I emailed Guidi support and they told me to contact the store and ask them to contact Guidi directly. I emailed re-porter.ca and haven't heard back from them. Anyone know how can I get a replacement zipper from Guidi?

Alternatively I am thinking ordering a red excella zipper tape from YKK Japan. I know you can reuse the slider and top stopper but what about the bottom end stopper. Can a cobbler reuse the original bottom end stopper on the new zipper tape?

Comment

• Guun
                                • Nov 2014

^ I emailed Guidi when my zipper tape ripped a few months ago and they sent me replacement zippers free of charge. They are usually pretty nice with this kind of stuff. Maybe their policy has changed since...
                                insta ʕᵔᴥᵔʔ last.fm

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎