X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beyondthemeans
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by richard_cao View Post
    Hello guys! I have a drshdw double layer tee, "dust" color. It has been forgotten for so long because I found it hard match it my other clothes. So I manage to dye it black. Anyone has this kind of dyeing experience wanna share? Thank you in advance!

I wouldn't recommend doing that. I think he uses poly thread for the stitching, which will leave you with contrast stitching after dying (poly doesn't dye easily).

Comment

• Arkady
      • Apr 2011

I had a lot of success dyeing a similar rick double layer crimson. The thread was indeed poly and remained a shade of DNA dust but it worked fine -- probably would work much better when dyeing black.

Comment

• richard_cao
        • Mar 2016

Thank you guys! I didn't think about the thread thing. But I think I should give it a try! I will let you guys know the result!
        Never dress down.

Comment

• 13we2
          • Sep 2015

Originally posted by Arkady View Post
          I had a lot of success dyeing a similar rick double layer crimson. The thread was indeed poly and remained a shade of DNA dust but it worked fine -- probably would work much better when dyeing black.
          Did you have to use boiling water in most cases? Would that ruin the fabrics?

Comment

• beyondthemeans
            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by 13we2 View Post
            Dylon offers a dye that works on 40C in the washing machine, works quite well on black jeans that need to be re-dyed.

Comment

• Kuat
              • Nov 2012

Ok, if anyone is still wondering, i got a reply straight from borisbidjansaberi.com and this is how they say the belt clasp works:

But that way the BBS brand ends up facing inward, and the untreated raw leather side facing forward. The buckle also looks messy (that knob on the front of your pants doesn't look so hot).

This is how it ended up: http://c2n.me/3Bu9SmC.jpg

Comment

• Arkady
                • Apr 2011

Not at all, I just cold dyed it a few times over with Procion. With the right amount of salt and fixer it got even coverage.

Comment

• Arkady
                  • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Kuat View Post
                  Ok, if anyone is still wondering, i got a reply straight from borisbidjansaberi.com and this is how they say the belt clasp works:
                  Absolute lies, this is the biggest scandal of the election season.

Comment

• 13we2
                    • Sep 2015

Originally posted by Arkady View Post
                    Not at all, I just cold dyed it a few times over with Procion. With the right amount of salt and fixer it got even coverage.
                    Yes salt and fixer help but the problem with home cold dye is when you wash the clothes...

man that's the strongest graphic illustration I saw on this forum Kuat

Comment

• Arkady
                      • Apr 2011

Who washes clothes? I just light them on fire after 2-3 wears to ensure the market value remains stable.

Comment

• lowrey
                        ventiundici
                        • Dec 2006

Yes salt and fixer help but the problem with home cold dye is when you wash the clothes...
                        you can hand wash most things in 30-40C and Dylon at least sticks well in that temperature
                        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• zamb
                          • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Kuat View Post

But that way the BBS brand ends up facing inward, and the untreated raw leather side facing forward. The buckle also looks messy (that knob on the front of your pants doesn't look so hot).

This is how it ended up: http://c2n.me/3Bu9SmC.jpg
                          As Lowery said earlier, When leather is overdyed, treated, some parts of it swell more than others, so its possible the original belt sample worked perfectly but this actual product is thicker in the area that goes through the buckle.
                          It will get softer over time and should work OK after a while.
                          that aside leaver untreated has a top surface and a reverse. there is no way to get the belt with that configuration to not have the reverse side out when buckled unless it was a two piece belt
                          “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                          .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• lowrey
                            ventiundici
                            • Dec 2006

the intention of that belt (at least the collection sample) is for the end to hang loose, in which case it doesn't really matter which side is up. not sure what size yours is or if the production length actually works that way, but thats how I recall it was shown originally with the collection.
                            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• jimmycs
                              • Mar 2014

Originally posted by zamb View Post
                              As Lowery said earlier, When leather is overdyed, treated, some parts of it swell more than others, so its possible the original belt sample worked perfectly but this actual product is thicker in the area that goes through the buckle.
                              It will get softer over time and should work OK after a while.
                              that aside leaver untreated has a top surface and a reverse. there is no way to get the belt with that configuration to not have the reverse side out when buckled unless it was a two piece belt
                              Very logical and makes sense, but would be great to actually see the worn appearance.

Comment

• gawkrodger
                                • Jun 2013

a slightly weird question - anyone got any photos of a Rick Tux (shawl collar blazer, astair tux trousers) in a real life setting/fit pic etc

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎