X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MoonlightDragon
    • Jan 2016

Originally posted by Faust View Post
    When was the last time you saw anybody "ripped to shreds" in the WAYWT here?
    Admittedly, it doesn't happen often. But back when I browsed the WAWYT thread there were some occasional spats with the more out there stuff, and there were lots of fights concerning skirts and femininity in fits. Ripped to shreds is a little exaggerated, I concur.

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Yes, that used to be the case, but we've made a concerted effort to stop that.

I think one of the purposes of WAYWT, besides gratification that comes with compliments, is that people do genuinely seek advice on how to style things or to learn that something that they might think looks good might actually not be. I certainly would want that pointed out.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• newp
        • Feb 2013

I, personally, would love how some items I have no access to look without careful editorial styled and photoshopped lookbook perfectionism. As in how would I look in it myself.

WAYWT is a step forward from your recent purchases and is extremely valued.

Comment

• MoonlightDragon
          • Jan 2016

Originally posted by Faust View Post
          Yes, that used to be the case, but we've made a concerted effort to stop that.

I think one of the purposes of WAYWT, besides gratification that comes with compliments, is that people do genuinely seek advice on how to style things or to learn that something that they might think looks good might actually not be. I certainly would want that pointed out.
          But therein lies the problem, Faust - who decides what looks good? What may look good to you may look bad to another - whose advice does one follow?

Comment

• MoonlightDragon
            • Jan 2016

Originally posted by newp View Post
            I, personally, would love how some items I have no access to look without careful editorial styled and photoshopped lookbook perfectionism. As in how would I look in it myself.

WAYWT is a step forward from your recent purchases and is extremely valued.
            That's true. Seeing clothes on a real body as opposed to runways is incredibly helpful for understanding silhouettes and looks etc. WAWYT is indeed invaluable for that.

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by MoonlightDragon View Post
              But therein lies the problem, Faust - who decides what looks good? What may look good to you may look bad to another - whose advice does one follow?
              That's up to you to decide, but I suppose you joined this community for a reason, so...
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• braver
                • Sep 2013

Does anyone know, it is possible to fully pass hands through the sleeves of these Thamanyah shirts leaving the thumbhole at wrist?
                In case that I could sometimes avoid damaging the cuff driving a car, carrying some heavy and rought things, or like just for washing hands.

Comment

• stagename
                  • Oct 2011

Originally posted by MoonlightDragon View Post
                  Taste is orchestrated through norms (eg discourse, both textual and visual), which are laid out either by dominant central actors (eg critics, influencers) or decentralized networks (such as this one), so there you go, either a few top people or the interactions of a community as a whole "decide" what looks good. Individual taste judgments are a reflection of that.

Comment

• 13we2
                    • Sep 2015

Looking for these vinyl p13s from 15aw. The seller insists that his pants are absolutely brand new (followed by the "only tried on at home" cliche), but it doesn't seem so new to me. Can anyone help me to identify? Especially the wrinkles on the tags and around the knees in the back. Thanks!

Full pics at http://imgur.com/a/6cYt4

Comment

• stagename
                      • Oct 2011

Originally posted by 13we2 View Post
                      Looking for these vinyl p13s from 15aw.
                      Tags can get wrinkly just from people trying the pants out at the store. None of my new bbs stuff had clean tags. Maybe a jacket or two. I wouldn't care much about this. Same goes for the wrinkle at the knees depending on the fabric.

Comment

• DudleyGray
                        • Jul 2013

Originally posted by 13we2 View Post
                        (followed by the "only tried on at home" cliche)
                        Sellers on grailed don't actually wear clothes, it's kind of like a nudist colony. Also, wash everything that you buy from grailed before wearing.
                        bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• blackdeath
                          • Apr 2016

Originally posted by DudleyGray View Post
                          Sellers on grailed don't actually wear clothes, it's kind of like a nudist colony. Also, wash everything that you buy from grailed before wearing.
                          this is an actual question and not snark, how would you wash waxed/heavily treated trousers without compromising the treatment? i have a few pairs of bbs jeans ready to walk off on their own after extensive wear in NYC heat.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                            • Sep 2006

cold water hand wash with light/delicate detergent and then dry flat.

Has yet to be something that has destroyed any garment for me over the last 15 years aside from the LUC graphite dyed pieces which would just lighten if you rubbed a spot. Otherwise this is how I wash a large portion of garments.
                            www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• bi09111997
                              • Jun 2015

Hi everyone. Can anyone help me out identifying which season are these derby belonged to? Selelr describe it as one of those CCP earlier season. Thanks

Comment

• eloquent
                                • Sep 2016

Where can I find Rick Owens stockist in Bangkok? Or would it be more cost effective to fly over to Seoul or Hong Kong?

Edit: also looking for a pair of slim black denim. Quality is as important to fit for me. Between the SL D02 raw blacks, acne max cash and balmain raw black bikers, which would you choose?
                                Last edited by eloquent; 09-05-2016, 11:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎