X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zamb
    • Nov 2006

Originally posted by derpington View Post
    Anyone know of (or want to be) a European based proxy? I'd like to pick of a couple BBS items from Jades24 that they are seemingly the only stockist to get, but they don't ship to the US.
    you dont have any friends in Germany?

you are a very good store, nice ti deal with, we used to sell to them.
    “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
    .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• zamb
      • Nov 2006

Originally posted by 13we2 View Post
      This may sound somewhat tongue-in-cheek, but I feel like, in terms of silhouette, if CCP's derbies represent the Platonic idea for the derby shoe, then current BBS mainline bambas are pretty close to the Platonic idea of skateboarding flat sole sneakers. I love the idea of its Vans-based anatomical shape, also the workmanship and treatment aren't too bad if not too crazy. We all know he's a stubborn guy - there must be a numerological explanation for the choice of the "cork" sole otherwise they could've just used exactly the same rubber of Vans' sole for a lot cheaper.
      CCP derbies are not that great, especially the pre 2010 ones. there was a huge problem with the heel cup being too loose, which some explained away as intentional. it wasnt.
      thankfully the 2010+ models had a better fit.
      the non toe cap Carpe derbies were the absolute best, the AV field ones were nice too......
      “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
      .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• derpington
        • Oct 2009

Originally posted by zamb View Post
        you dont have any friends in Germany?
        No, I live in Hawaii. I don't make it to Europe very often.

Comment

• jurassicsnark
          • Sep 2015

I'm in Greece now, but I'll be in Norway 12-17 May, Germany 18 May, and the US the week after. If you want to ship to one of my hotels, I could bring them back to the States for you. I'll PM you the hotel details.

How many pieces are you thinking?
          I don't have a ton of room in my bag and can't bring shoes in original boxes or anything like that, but a few normal pieces of clothes that could be tossed in a duffel should be fine.

Comment

• Nomadic Planet
            • Dec 2012

Originally posted by nvsnli View Post
            1000€ for a pair of shoes, should be vibrammed from the start because the sole cracks and also feet should not be bent while walking.
            Seems good investment for item that is made for walking.
            I think the quality of the Bambas has improved a lot over time. I had 2 pairs from 2012 Galcierism , the sole seemed to wear off rather quickly but appart from that, the quality was pretty nice.
            I now own 3 pairs from recent seasons (ss16, fw16 and ss17) and they definitely feel like they are built like tanks. leather is awesome , soles are really thick... adding a vibram sole is really a recommended investment to increase life span of the shoe. I never had any cracks appear on any of my bambas, although I don't use them super heavily I admit.

Comment

• Monoral
              • Mar 2014

I think most Boris pieces are worth their asking price, I'm fanboying a bit of course. I love the bambas and i think they're very comfortable, it's just that the soles are a little bit disheartening that they worn out so fast.

Trigger; the last conspiracy comes pre vibramed(those i've handled anyway) How come the more expensive stuff never pre-vibramed i wonder...
              Last edited by Monoral; 05-11-2018, 04:22 AM.

Comment

• tornaremavencer
                • Aug 2012

I also love Boris, and I'm very happy with the quality on all my pieces (apart from bambas), but I find it harder and harder to justify retail price since the market is flooded with Boris pieces (as they don't change so much from season to season) in new/nearly new condition at 1/3 of the price. 1000$ - 1500$ Boris leathers in great condition are quite easy to find now.

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Monoral View Post
                  I think most Boris pieces are worth their asking price, I'm fanboying a bit of course. I love the bambas and i think they're very comfortable, it's just that the soles are a little bit disheartening that they worn out so fast.

Trigger; the last conspiracy comes pre vibramed(those i've handled anyway) How come the more expensive stuff never pre-vibramed i wonder...
                  I really think it's simply an aesthetic choice. Leather soles and nails are just beautiful, they highlight the handmade nature of the shoe, etc. On a side note, GUIDI now includes GUIDI-branded Vibram soles in the box, which is neat.
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Ahimsa
                    Vegan Police
                    • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                    I really think it's simply an aesthetic choice. Leather soles and nails are just beautiful, they highlight the handmade nature of the shoe, etc. .
                    A friend of mine has never worn their custom pair of A1923's because they're afraid of ruining the beauty of the sole so you get that too apparently XD
                    StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• Monoral
                      • Mar 2014

Originally posted by tornaremavencer View Post
                      I also love Boris, and I'm very happy with the quality on all my pieces (apart from bambas), but I find it harder and harder to justify retail price since the market is flooded with Boris pieces (as they don't change so much from season to season) in new/nearly new condition at 1/3 of the price. 1000$ - 1500$ Boris leathers in great condition are quite easy to find now.
                      If you can get BBS leather for 1k in a decent conditions then it's great.

For leather purchase I think it is better to get a leather that you yourself had broken in. Especially SZ brand leathers since they tends to mold to your body shape.
                      Last edited by Monoral; 05-12-2018, 08:46 AM.

Comment

• TheInformalGenius
                        • Oct 2015

Originally posted by Monoral View Post
                        Yeah. Got a pair from structuralism and heimat. Both had sole cracked :(
                        I’m looking to get a pair of hight-top from current season but I’m not sure. Might get James Kearns instead..
                        Ive been buying a pair of Bambas per season since Subsphere and I haven't had any issues with soles whatsoever. I always get a heel tap put on them prior to wearing. I never worried about getting vibrate sole because of the cost. However, I will be looking into Vibraming them as they get older.

Comment

• TheInformalGenius
                          • Oct 2015

Originally posted by tornaremavencer View Post
                          I'd advise the salomon collab shoes from bbs only, the mainline shoes are rather laughable quality for the price.
                          Funny you mentioned...I would think the Solamon collabs are rather laughable for the price. The Solomon collaborations are basic athletic shoes with a some BBS influence. Kind of like Off-white and Nike collabs. Screen printed sneakers for $400 are not worth it because they will not last.

Comment

• Resonkuken
                            • Oct 2012

Wasn't sure where to ask this, so I'll go here. My gf is in NYC and I asked her to pick me up a few things. Wanted her to find something from Julius, but other than Patron of the new, I don't know any other. The ones mentioned on the stockists list on julius page are not carrying the brand anymore. So, what other other stores, if any, carry Julius there?
                            thanks.

Comment

• goldsamxo
                              • Jan 2017

Originally posted by Resonkuken View Post
                              Wasn't sure where to ask this, so I'll go here. My gf is in NYC and I asked her to pick me up a few things. Wanted her to find something from Julius, but other than Patron of the new, I don't know any other. The ones mentioned on the stockists list on julius page are not carrying the brand anymore. So, what other other stores, if any, carry Julius there?
                              thanks.
                              Hotoveli carried up to SS17 in-store but I'm not sure if they stock Julius any longer as they were the last store besides PTON that I know carrying Julius. Hoto might have some downstairs, you just may have to ask. When I asked them about it they had some FW16 stuff in the basement they brought up for me.
                              Originally Posted by Latoya Sizemore View Post

It would be great if one cane wear little bit loose T-shirts with some great prints like marijuana leaves, cannabis, weeds etc.
                              Most of the youngsters will like to wear fashionable and chill clothing, which give a great looks to youngsters.

Comment

• delicious_not
                                • Dec 2012

which one of drkshdw fabrics used on pants and shorts is LESS stretchy than others? TE, MU, P, FM?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎