X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SlightRight
    • Mar 2011

Originally posted by KingJulien View Post
    I'm hoping this is the right thread for this question: I picked up a pair of helmut lang pants on yoox ($40!), would anyone have a clue which season they're from, or whether they're old or new Lang? I like the design regardless, and the fit is perfect, but mostly I'm asking because they have straps on the inside as if for suspenders, except on the sides and not the front, and I'm wondering what they're for.

They're a silt color, like a grey/green, and 8% cashmere 92% cotton. It's got two zipper pocket underneath the regular buttoning pockets. Thanks!

Unbelievable deal

Comment

• beardown
      rekoner
      • Feb 2009

I believe those are newer. Possibly Siki Im Helmut. The straps on the sides are to hang the pants so you don't have to fold them over a hanger.
      Originally posted by mizzar
      Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• KingJulien
        • Oct 2011

Originally posted by beardown View Post
        I believe those are newer. Possibly Siki Im Helmut. The straps on the sides are to hang the pants so you don't have to fold them over a hanger.
        Haha, now I feel like an idiot, thanks. I didn't realize Siki Im worked for the label; I was actually really surprised by how nice the cut / fabric / design and everything were when I got the pants, since new Lang isn't very highly regarded, and also since it's, you know, yoox.
        Last edited by KingJulien; 04-14-2012, 05:32 PM.

Comment

• nahneun
          • Feb 2011

What year(s) was/were Siki at Helmut? I picked up a blazer when he first came up on gilt because it was heavily discounted and was pleasantly surprised at its quality. Unfortunately, it's too long OTL sucks being 5'6"

Comment

• beardown
            rekoner
            • Feb 2009

That's just a guess. Not sure what years he was the head designer at Helmut but guessing by the changes over there, sometime between 2006 and 2009...the Prada years until he started his left to do his own line, myabe?

Comment

• nahneun
              • Feb 2011

didn't link theory buy helmut lang out in 2005?

Comment

• beardown
                rekoner
                • Feb 2009

Thank you, nahneun. In which I should have said the post-Prada years.
                Last edited by beardown; 04-14-2012, 07:24 PM.

Comment

• michael_kard
                  • Oct 2010

I don't think Siki Im was ever head designer at Helmut Lang. After SS05 there were no collections for two years, and then Nichole and Michael Colovos took over.

And yeah those trousers are definitely new HL, the fabric is not his style, the zippers are different and the detailing is imo a bit too conspicuous
                  ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
                  Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• beardown
                    rekoner
                    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by michael_kard View Post
                    I don't think Siki Im was ever head designer at Helmut Lang.

I know you simply like to post to disagree with people but are you suggesting that the zippers on those pants are not the 'right' zippers that siki would use designing for another label?

Comment

• darkart
                      • Jun 2011

Just wondering if BBS boots soles are as hard as Augusta's soles? Wondering if the point up boots of BBS as similar to Augusta which is hard to change shape of the front and needs a larger size when purchasing. I am a True 43 and wondering what size of BBS boots should I get.....

Comment

• michael_kard
                        • Oct 2010

I know you simply like to post to disagree with people but are you suggesting that the zippers on those pants are not the 'right' zippers that siki would use designing for another label?
                        What? I was talking about Helmut Lang, not Siki Im. Believe it or not, I've handled more than enough original HL by now to know what I'm talking about.

And the excerpt you posted is wrong - Siki Im was never the head designer of Helmut Lang. I'm surprised that you out of all people would use a Gilt description as the basis for an argument.
                        ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
                        Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• beardown
                          rekoner
                          • Feb 2009

Kard,

Maybe you'll take a Q&A from the guy himself as evidence? 'Senior" designer is 'head' designer. Right? Does that pass as evidence in your universe of superior HL knowledge?

Based on the time of that Q&A, it appears he was 'senior designer' at HL right up until he launched his own line.

I have no desire to get into a pissing match with someone who obviously knows more than everyone else. Can't you go over to style forum and start a Helmut Lang thread or something where you can talk about how much you hate his t-shirts and rewrite the guy's biography.

Comment

• cowsareforeating
                            • Jan 2011

^lol

kard pick your battles man,

anyways

which pic is more accurate? material and codes match up but the pictures dont seem to. would cop darklands pic would not cop ink's pic

anyone who's seen in person care to chime in?

vs.

Comment

• sinnedk
                              Banned
                              • Dec 2011

Originally posted by eton97 View Post
                              Sinnedk. I don't mind answering some of your questions, but why do you insist on posting the same question in different threads?
                              Can't you just wait for an answer?
                              Here is the answer in wrote for you from the other thread.
                              http://stylezeitgeist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2536
                              answers take too long, decisions need to be made faster
                              Well, there's that and then there's the fact that half of his posts were about Guidi sizing, condition, leather type or looking for MA+ boots and then Devoa boots and starting a thread asking what the 'best' boot is.
                              Sinnedk, I think you feel like you're not really given a chance around here but this endless parade of boot questions are getting really tiresome.
                              this is a forum about style... and i am just asking things about style sizing, i don't care what you think, i will get my information one way or another. you want to help out cool, otherwise feel free and ignore me.

Comment

• beardown
                                rekoner
                                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by sinnedk View Post
                                answers take too long, decisions need to be made faster

this is a forum about style... and i am just asking things about style sizing, i don't care what you think, i will get my information one way or another. you want to help out cool, otherwise feel free and ignore me.
                                You're not asking about style, you're constantly agonizing and obsessing over which boots you should buy. Quit trying to suggest that there's more to it than that. You contribute nothing of substance to the forum and you come across as a kid who is buying his first bicycle.

I have no problem ignoring you; I've answered a lot of your ridiculous questions when nobody else was really interested in helping. Members on here aren't stupid. They know the difference between someone obsessed with style, fashion and design and someone temporarily obsessed with buying into the flavor of the month.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎