X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kala
    • Apr 2011

Hellooo,

Have been lurking around and buying some stuff from the big guys on the classfield for a while now, so this will serve as my presentation thread as well.

28 yo, coming from Geneva, Switzerland, working in a commodity trading company down there and fashion ethusiast enjoying the work of the designers SZ focuses on.

Anyway, it's a small questions thread, so a quick one regarding Julius.

I have for a while now been looking around for one of their awesome leather but I haven't been able to find it so far. Always too small.

I'm a quite big guy (1m90, 95kg), mostly wearing XL/52 or even 54 sometimes (when the fit is small) jackets, should I give up on my idea of wearing a Julius leather someday? Are some of their pieces produced in Japanese size 4-5? Might one of these sizes fit my build?

Comment

• Dane
      HAMMERTIME
      • Feb 2011

I have 2 julius jackets from 06 & 08, both size 2, both close to a slim 36. I bought a FW2010 leather and it was huge on me, around a 40. If their sizing changed, and assuming you typically wear a 54, a size 4 should fit you in newer seasons.

I'll let others comment to see if maybe the jacket I bought was just a weird model. Maybe check on various retail sites to see if they post measurements (h.lorenzo, etc.) Of course, buying from a retailer would at least allow you to return if need-be.
      i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• josecc
        • Feb 2012

Originally posted by Kala View Post
        I think in some cases size 3 will fit you, and as Dane told you, most likely a size 4, for example H Lorenzo has this jacket, nevermind the colour, but I think it might give you an idea:

Comment

• fncyths
          • Apr 2010

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
          I'd still say from any dark colour to black is doable if you are careful, though.
          Still a slippery slope...

Has anyone seen it done successfully?
          Originally posted by Shucks
          it's like cocaine, only heavier. and legal.
          Originally posted by interest1
          I don't live in the past. But I do have a vacation home there.

Comment

• Kala
            • Apr 2011

Many thanks for the advice guys, time to lurk around for the grail !

Basically I'm looking for recent collections size 3 (depending on the measurements) and size 4, awesome.

For example, awesome leather from Julius there: http://re-porter.ca/archives/dusted-...eather-jacket/ but from the measurements I'm quite sure it will be a bit tight when you compare it's 45cm shoulders to the perfect 49-50 cm from my Stooges ! (which was Kunk's originally by the way: still wearing it, still loving it !)

Comment

• Crowzer
              • Feb 2011

^ Glad to see you posting on SZ!

Comment

• braindrain
                • Apr 2009

If I'm a 45 in Guidi how should I size Augusta trainers? Related: anyone got a pair they may part with?

Comment

• blackfedora
                  • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Shucks View Post
                  careful with acetone though:

1. get acetone which is NOT mixed with oil - sometimes it is.
                  2. acetone can leave white-ish stains on dark clothing. i am not sure why/when this happens exactly - my best guess is that the white is actually dissolved residue from the glue itself, but i am not sure. i agree with the suggestion to prototype this before going at the actual garment. aside from that, acetone usually works a treat for dissolving most glue. sometimes i use benzene instead.
                  Gaaahh....Benzene! What are you going to name your tumours? Rick and Owen. Where are you purchasing that stuff? I use it at work occasionally but only if nothing else will suffice, so I could in theory take some home to clean glue off of things but I'll stick to the chloroform method (more purple squirrels and fewer tumours). You're right with the potential of oils in nail polish remover causing another problem though. I just use neat acetone from work so didn't think of that potential dilemma.

Comment

• darkbydesign
                    • Sep 2010

Yeah, seriously. Using benzene is just plain stupid. FYI.

I guess you take chlorine steam baths, drink formaldehyde, and keep all your bell jars lined with picric acid crystals? Oh, and don't forget to make some piranha solution with H2SO4 and H2O2 because that's of course super safe too. It's clean everything right up, including the skin off your bones. haha

Acetone is usually good at dissolving as typically the limit of what any normal person would use as a solvent outside of anything beyond an synthetic organic chemistry laboratory. The white from acetone (or any solvent) is usually from drying up synthetic polymeric materials and changing their crystal structure which leads to the diffraction of light and hence a white-ish coloring. Basically, don't use organic solvents on your synthetic (or even a synthetically treated - i.e.-glaze/coating/etc) materials or you'll irreversibly ruin them. If you use the wrong solvents you'll even irreversibly ruin your health too if that's what you're going for.

Comment

• blackfedora
                      • Jan 2012

^ But a small flask of fresh chlorine gives things a nice green tinge.

Comment

• AppendixG
                        • Dec 2012

So I picked up the CCP double buckle belt and the angle that the smaller buckle is attached to the larger one, the thinner end of the belt won't tuck into the keeper/bar on the smaller buckle.

Anyone know if it is intended to be tucked? It seems like it should (though I guess it doesn't show it tucked in the picture) but in order to do it, I'd need to either thin out the leather or file down the buckle.

Comment

• lowrey
                          ventiundici
                          • Dec 2006

so the thinner end is too wide to even go through the smaller hole on the smaller buckle..?
                          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• AppendixG
                            • Dec 2012

Yeah, here's a highlight on the image showing where it won't feed through:

It'll go in, but after about 1-2 inches it is too wide to possibly feed any further.

Obviously it shows it not fed through in that picture, but it juts out and looks kind of awkward if it's not held down by something.

Comment

• lowrey
                              ventiundici
                              • Dec 2006

if its a matter of just a couple of millimeters, I'd try softening the leather a bit and see if it could be pulled further, and try feeding it slightly bent. but if its notably too big, I guess the only option (if you want to keep the belt and use it) would be to cut a bit off of the leather. I recall its pretty thick leather, so a cobbler could probably do it.
                              "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• lazyguru
                                • Jun 2008

What are these boots , Look like MA+ but cant be sure ... Is it for FW13 ? SICK!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎