Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your "holy grail" item of clothing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AKA*NYC
    • Nov 2007

Re: What is your "holy grail" item of clothing?

If I remember correctly this shirt (or at least the cotton version) was reasonably priced considering the designer and what went into it. It was one of the least expensive M.A+ items. Not the sort of thing one would have to rob a bank or take out an additional mortgage on one's home to afford. I'm not sure why the controversy.
    LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• ddohnggo
      • Oct 2006

RO sheer long tees are like $300. i think the m.a+ ones are similarly priced.

regardless, i can't wait for someone's holy grail being the m.a+ undies

Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• Fuuma
        • Sep 2006

I own two RO double layer l-s and I think they come up at something like $400 at A with taxes so guess I'm also willing to shell for designer tees from time to time.
        Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
        http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• winQ
          Banned
          • Dec 2006

[quote user="Diego"]Don't be hatin' my holy grail, specially yo servo, this is the second time I have found stupid shit like this from you, I really couldn't care less what you think about m.a+ tees so go write your "review" for someone else.[/quote]

's a bit harsh non?

I actually caught all my HGs in my pokeballz. Only thing would probably be the raf accordian long coat that mass has, god knows it'll ever pop up in 44 again.

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

The meaning of the holy grail has strangely deteriorated into another "i want this" thread...
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Fuuma
              • Sep 2006

You guys have the same Bless coat and you want his Raf, the azn connection has similar taste :)

I don't have HG (that I don't own), there's not a lot of clothes I want at this point. Will get a pair of Corthay in eggplant or purple veal when I drop by the store, that's pretty much it.

Comment

• matthewhk
                • Jan 2007

the ma+ tees are fine if theyre around 300...ive paid that much for some of my YY tees that don't amount to much more than a tee with some cool stitching/dying/hand applied whatever detail. I really like the avantindietro reversible double layer tees myself but that price range is more than what i'll shell out for a tee. does anyone know if old L'Maltieri t-shirts still pop up in these parts (online auctions/forums/whatever)? Guess that'll be my closest shot.

Comment

• philip nod
                  • Aug 2007

[quote user="Faust"]The meaning of the holy grail has strangely deteriorated into another "i want this" thread...
                  [/quote]

SZ has deteriorated into this

or: found its comfort zone in i want this

One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                    • Nov 2007

My HGs:

CCP eyeball jewelry (if someone can find this for me I'll be eternally indebted)

CCP SS07 white derbys

CCP FW07 fencing jacket

Rick Owens white blistered lamb moto jacket (supposedly en route to me via FedEx)

LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• Real Real
                      • Feb 2007

[quote user="Fuuma"]

You guys have the same Bless coat and you want his Raf, the azn connection has similar taste :)

I don't have HG (that I don't own), there's not a lot of clothes I want at this point. Will get a pair of Corthay in eggplant or purple veal when I drop by the store, that's pretty much it.

[/quote]

I was at the Corthay store a couple of weeks ago. The people there are great - very friendly, open to letting you try on different models in different lasts, etc. We figured out that I need a size 10 on my left foot and a size 9.5 on the right - they have no problem doing up RTW models for you in different sizes (same price as if they had pulled shoes off of the shelf, takes about 6 weeks). The guy I was dealing with actually dissuaded me from going bespoke, because he didn't think I needed it.

I tried the eggplant derbies on. They have maybe 20-30 models on display, but they don't have a full size range in most of the models, so you should probably expect to have to wait for the shoes to be made.

Comment

• Diego
                        • Aug 2007

Let's burn this "good finds/help finding/holey grill/RSG/enabler" threads to the ground then.

edit- AKA, I think there is a solution for the fencing.

Comment

• ddohnggo
                          • Oct 2006

^^ diego has seen the light
                          Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• lowrey
                            ventiundici
                            • Dec 2006

[quote user="Servo2000"]Believe me, I understand Mike. I was mainly joking, but I still just think it's amusing how much people will throw down for what essentially comes down to a "neat t-shirt." All I'm saying is that if I was going to spend that kind of money on anything it wouldn't be a t-shirt so I don't really understand the appeal.[/quote]

yea I can see what you mean in that sense. then again many people would consider itcrazy to pay more than $60 for a pair of shoes (not on SZ, obviously) while someone doesn't mind throwing $400 for a dsquared shirt with a squirrel on it,so its all subjective at the end of the day [66]

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• philip nod
                              • Aug 2007

can we keep RSG? it used to be super fun and healthy, before the dark times, before the empire
                              One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• Fuuma
                                • Sep 2006

[quote user="Real Real"][quote user="Fuuma"]

[/quote]

I was at the Corthay store a couple of weeks ago. The people there are great - very friendly, open to letting you try on different models in different lasts, etc. We figured out that I need a size 10 on my left foot and a size 9.5 on the right - they have no problem doing up RTW models for you in different sizes (same price as if they had pulled shoes off of the shelf, takes about 6 weeks). The guy I was dealing with actually dissuaded me from going bespoke, because he didn't think I needed it.

I tried the eggplant derbies on. They have maybe 20-30 models on display, but they don't have a full size range in most of the models, so you should probably expect to have to wait for the shoes to be made.[/quote]

Yeah they're quite friendly, I'm getting a custom dye job so this could take 4-6 weeks according to one of the girls who work for the Corthay brothers. Their bespoke is on another construction level though and if you like exotic hides (I don't) it is definitely the way to go; where else are you going to get pink alligator derbies.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎