Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your "holy grail" item of clothing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Re: What is your "holy grail" item of clothing?

[quote user="mass"]i've really been trying to think of a holy grail item but i haven't been able to. i've already gotten 2 of them (both raf)--i guess my grail right now would be a suit with the details of thom browne that fit like dior homme.[/quote]

you may rest in peace [<:o)]

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Fuuma
      • Sep 2006

[quote user="Real Real"]You could definitely find a bespoke tailor that would do that for you, as long as you're willing to pay a few grand.[/quote]

Like who? Maybe Spencer Hart and Oswald Boateng but that's pretty much it and I'm not even sure they'd cut it like he wants them to. Bespoke is not about getting what you want, it's about finding somebody who wants to make something that is pretty near what you like and then tweaking the details...

Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
      http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Real Real
        • Feb 2007

[quote user="Fuuma"]

[quote user="Real Real"]You could definitely find a bespoke tailor that would do that for you, as long as you're willing to pay a few grand.[/quote]

Like who? Maybe Spencer Hart and Oswald Boateng but that's pretty much it and I'm not even sure they'd cut it like he wants them to. Bespoke is not about getting what you want, it's about finding somebody who wants to make something that is pretty near what you like and then tweaking the details...

[/quote]

It wouldn't be anyone you or I had heard of. With a "name" tailor, you're right, they'll make you a suit in their house style, even if you have control over the details.

However, there are a fairly good number of lesser-known tailors across the US with the capability to make a good suit, and who are less likely to stand on their idea of what their house style is. If he's done his homework and has a good idea of exactly what he wants in terms of fit, I think he could get what he wants.

Comment

• Servo2000
          • Oct 2006

[quote user="merz"]

can we keep this theme of discussion going, real? I've wanted a dedicated 'tailors in your own' thread for information and experience. A lot of us get things made to measure, a fair number need drastic alterations that require skilled, able and local tailors. I think this is long, long overdue.

[/quote]

There seems to be more than a few of us in Southern California and yet I've yet to hear of anyone who seems extremely satisfied with their tailor from this area.

WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• Real Real
            • Feb 2007

Well, I used to use Golden Needle Tailoring in Los Feliz in LA, and was always very happy with them - they're flexible and I could communicate with them (hard to find) but, yeah, this topic would make for a good thread.

I imagine a number of the people on the board will begin to shift towards more bespoke tailoring in their wardrobes as time passes.

Comment

• Real Real
              • Feb 2007

Yeah, that sounds right...odd, yeah, I had really good experiences with them, although that's always the problem, trying to find a tailor you can work with and communicate with. I don't think any one tailor is going to please everybody.

Every time I went to that tailor, I'd hit the great burrito place in the parking lot...that might be coloring my memories of the place.

Comment

• Real Real
                • Feb 2007

I used to live on Winona, maybe 6 or 7 buildings north of Jumbo's Clown Room. I got sick of LA quickly while I was there, but I find myself missing it frequently, now.

Comment

• sbw4224
                  • Sep 2006

I know I'm way late on this thread, but it's taken me a while to figure out what my 'holy grail' would be.

If I had to choose just one item, it would be the peacoat from Cloak's AW 06 in a medium.

Comment

• Staton Viguier
                    • Jan 2008

^ in Black

Comment

• philip nod
                      • Aug 2007

[quote user="sbw4224"]

I know I'm way late on this thread, but it's taken me a while to figure out what my 'holy grail' would be.

If I had to choose just one item, it would be the peacoat from Cloak's AW 06 in a medium.

[/quote]

redacted

One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• uparmoured
                        • Sep 2007

FS: M.A+
                        FS: SIZE XS ANN DEMEULEMEESTER WAISTCOAT

Comment

• matthewhk
                          • Jan 2007

that looks like one of the easier to wear suits he's done, it's nice...i could even see myself wearing that

Comment

• what_counts
                            • Mar 2008

I really like that suit, I agree with matthew that seems to be one of the more milds suits he has done

however ccp suits are probably some ridiculous price far out of my range at the moment and even if I had the money I'm sure I couldn't find my size so I can't see myself in it as much as matt

but anyways good luck hunting uparmoured

Comment

• iSuck
                              • Mar 2008

[quote user="sbw4224"]

[/quote]

I have the scarf. :)

My Dad has the jacket in an XL. :(

Comment

• Chinorlz
                                • Sep 2006

[quote user="uparmoured"]

[/quote]

Uparmoured, I've been thinking about that suit ever since I saw it on cento cose as well. It's The Perfect Gray Suit.

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎