Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This designer (or brand) is trendy, overpriced and I cannot stand it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jay
    • Mar 2008

Re: This designer (or brand) is trendy, overpriced and I cannot stand it.

[quote user="Serendipper"]

Gucci.

I love some of their accessories, but the overall obnoxious air of the current Gucci phenom makes me want to wear clothes with no logo whatsoever for the rest of my life, if possible.

[/quote]

I rememeber when Gucci was selling at JC Penny!

Comment

• jay
      • Mar 2008

[quote user="philip nod"]

ccp. i feel like everyone on SZ loves him, can't go a day w/o seeing him everywhere. and if its got overlock, which it always does, add another $600 to the price.

same goes w MA+. 2500 for a coat the resembles a sleeping bag skinned in half that a hobo would wear? come on please, and that's just one example, don't get me started on the "aviator" you think it was a prop for Star wars or something w the fervor it generates among these adolescents.

and i really can't stand mr. alterlairi or however you spell his name or offshoots. i wish this guy had never "seized the day" and had stayed in his room smoking pot all day. you talk about trendy, the guy has created his own line of trendy trendsetters down to the well. i mean, who the hell can button these coats? like i'm supposed to pay more money for something that's backwards and doesn't really work because he has a phobia of buttons that he developed while seizing the day. and "continues" what does that mean anyway? everything continues even if your dead so what are you trying to tell me bro? and i think we can thank him for the concept of shit being old and rotten and one step away from the garbage, but hey, we're going keep that. why? bc it never goes on sale. thanks bro [Y]

[/quote]

We are going to have to agree to disagree here. CCP is brilliant as are CDIEM and MOST of the designers that followed the brand. I totally respect your opinion and to each his or her own :)

Comment

• mesh
        • Dec 2006

Peanut butters, I love it.

Comment

• AKA*NYC
          • Nov 2007

[quote user="jay"]

CCP is brilliant as are CDIEM and MOST of the designers that followed the brand.

[/quote]

I agree.

LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• Casius
            • Dec 2006

CCP is a hack. All overpriced pieces that are already worn in when you buy it. It's like high priced Abercrombie and Fitch for the avant garde crowd.
            "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• deleuze
              • Jul 2007

[quote user="Casius"]CCP is a hack. All overpriced pieces that are already worn in when you buy it. It's like high priced Abercrombie and Fitch for the avant garde crowd.[/quote]

I disagree but I respect your opinion.

Comment

• ddohnggo
                • Oct 2006

[quote user="deleuze"]

[quote user="Casius"]CCP is a hack. All overpriced pieces that are already worn in when you buy it. It's like high priced Abercrombie and Fitch for the avant garde crowd.[/quote]

[/quote]

lulz

Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• Chinorlz
                  • Sep 2006

I've lost all faith in CCP. Each season only gets worse and the prices go higher and it seems like everyone owns all of it. Where's the exclusivity?

I'm done. I've already started buying up Alaia pieces that are semi-close to my size and I'll be wearing that from now on.

See you in WAYWT.

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Casius
                    • Dec 2006

[quote user="ddohnggo"][quote user="deleuze"]

[/quote]

lulz

[/quote]

I think the same thing about Rick Owens. His clothing is for hobos and 34 year olds who do heroin, drink moonshine, and listen to old Ratt albums.

Comment

• ddohnggo
                      • Oct 2006

rick owens is too much of a charismatic designer now.

Comment

• Casius
                        • Dec 2006

I totally know what u mean~~~~Rick Owens is character~~~Like beautiful homeless man**~~

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                          • Nov 2007

You guys just don't get it. Poell is easily one of the most innovative designers around. You should really try to check out some of his leather pieces before writing him off as a hack. His shoes are really nice too. There's plenty of images on the "Carol Christian Poell" thread on this forum. Yes, the prices are rather high but if you try some of the stuff on you might decide that it's worth the extra couple of bucks.
                          LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• Casius
                            • Dec 2006

I don't know, I mean, there's wrinkles in the toes on those shoes already!

Comment

• ddohnggo
                              • Oct 2006

[quote user="merz"]wasn't there some bloke who left SZ and deleted all his images because of an argument to do with 'exclusivity' of ccp pieces?
                              [/quote]

yep. that was many moons ago.

Comment

• iSuck
                                • Mar 2008

Stella McCartney

It's not even real leather!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎