Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This designer (or brand) is trendy, overpriced and I cannot stand it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AKA*NYC
    • Nov 2007

Re: This designer (or brand) is trendy, overpriced and I cannot stand it.

Has anyone seen those ridiculous Rick Owens sneakers that all the celebrities are wearing?
    LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• AKA*NYC
      • Nov 2007

[quote user="Casius"]I don't know, I mean, there's wrinkles in the toes on those shoes already![/quote]

Yes, on the surface they look like wrinkled old shoes, but they're beautifully crafted upon closer inspection.

Comment

• Casius
        • Dec 2006

[quote user="AKA*NYC"]

[quote user="Casius"]I don't know, I mean, there's wrinkles in the toes on those shoes already![/quote]

Yes, on the surface they look like wrinkled old shoes, but they're beautifully crafted upon closer inspection.

[/quote]

Yea....maybe. I'll have to inspect them....they're at Kohls right?

"because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• deleuze
          • Jul 2007

[quote user="AKA*NYC"]You guys just don't get it. Poell is easily one of the most innovative designers around. You should really try to check out some of his leather pieces before writing him off as a hack. His shoes are really nice too. There's plenty of images on the "Carol Christian Poell" thread on this forum. Yes, the prices are rather high but if you try some of the stuff on you might decide that it's worth the extra couple of bucks.[/quote]

But why spend 2K on Poell when I can get this beautiful Steve Madden shoe for $135?

It's leather too (I think?) and has some distressing going on, even a wrinkle on the toe box (I think that's a toe box?). I don't understand what the difference is between this and Poell.

Comment

• AKA*NYC
            • Nov 2007

[quote user="deleuze"]

[quote user="AKA*NYC"]You guys just don't get it. Poell is easily one of the most innovative designers around. You should really try to check out some of his leather pieces before writing him off as a hack. His shoes are really nice too. There's plenty of images on the "Carol Christian Poell" thread on this forum. Yes, the prices are rather high but if you try some of the stuff on you might decide that it's worth the extra couple of bucks.[/quote]

But why spend 2K on Poell when I can get this beautiful Steve Madden shoe for $135?

It's leather too (I think?) and has some distressing going on, even a wrinkle on the toe box (I think that's a toe box?). I don't understand what the difference is between this and Poell.

[/quote]

This shoe looks like it was designed by Poell! Very nice. But I think the price difference has to do with the fact that Poell shoes are limited editions like Nike.

Comment

• Casius
              • Dec 2006

Nike should seriously take a hint from Poell and start numbering their shoes. Could you imagine where the value would go if you had the number 1!!!! Holy Nike!!

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                • Nov 2007

Yo fam I just got me a fresh pair of J's in object dyed reverse nubuck.

Comment

• Casius
                  • Dec 2006

[quote user="AKA*NYC"]Yo fam I just got me a fresh pair of J's in object dyed reverse nubuck.[/quote]

Dun, what numba you gotz though? I got dem weaved crazy suede, full grain joints, numba 4.

Comment

• cpaik
                    • Nov 2007

[quote user="Casius"]

[quote user="AKA*NYC"]Yo fam I just got me a fresh pair of J's in object dyed reverse nubuck.[/quote]

Dun, what numba you gotz though? I got dem weaved crazy suede, full grain joints, numba 4.

[/quote]

Wait when did Nike release nubuck Jordans? Let alone with weaved "crazy suede"? What do you mean by "numba 4"?

Comment

• Casius
                      • Dec 2006

[quote user="cpaik"][quote user="Casius"]

[/quote]

Wait when did Nike release nubuck Jordans? Let alone with weaved "crazy suede"? What do you mean by "numba 4"?

[/quote]

It's secret code for; "I bought Poell zide zip boots in horse leather, number 4 of 16."

Comment

• Chinorlz
                        • Sep 2006

[quote user="Casius"]

[/quote]

Oh damn son... were those the ones you had to get at that LA sneakerheadz convention? Each pair designed by that underground graf artists from Tokyo named Megatron?

Yo I heard cats was KILLIN each other over them! Nike dropped only 50 pairs. Shit was gone. I heard one kid got jumped for his right outside.

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• cpaik
                          • Nov 2007

[quote user="Casius"][quote user="cpaik"][quote user="Casius"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

It's secret code for; "I bought Poell zide zip boots in horse leather, number 4 of 16."

[/quote]

I thought you didn't like CCP? Why does everyone think he's overrated?

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                            • Nov 2007

Maybe we should ask Faust to delete this thread for posterity.

Comment

• Casius
                              • Dec 2006

This thread= LUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUULLZ

Comment

• cpaik
                                • Nov 2007

kekekekekekekeke. thanks for the entertainment boyzzzzzzzzzzzz

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎