Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This designer (or brand) is trendy, overpriced and I cannot stand it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • philip nod
    • Aug 2007

Re: This designer (or brand) is trendy, overpriced and I cannot stand it.

wow. crazy shit goes on.

but seriously LUC. way fucking overpriced and you can't sail on CD's cred for that much mulla. i can never pull the trigger on that shit and i can pull the trigga on anything.

One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• jay
      • Mar 2008

OK, I am laughing outloud because of all the "Limited Edition" Nike talk. I recall that Nike released something called a "Pigeon Dunk" awhile back. Gang bangers were actually hitting kids with bats to get their shoes! Who the hell wants a shoe with a pigeon on it?

Comment

• DHC
        • Jul 2007

..best thread award nominee right here. [74]
        Originally posted by Faust
        fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• jay
          • Mar 2008

[quote user="DHC"]..best thread award nominee right here. [74]
          [/quote]

[86]

Comment

• lowrey
            ventiundici
            • Dec 2006

haha I read some ofthe posts before noticing who wrote them and was thinking "how the hell did this person end up on this forum" [86]

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

LMAO. Thanks for subverting this thread. [Y]

I think Ann Dem is incredibly overrated - I mean she just does same black shit over and over again. Who wants to look like a walking coffin?!

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• kira
                • Mar 2008

[quote user="mike lowrey"]

haha I read some ofthe posts before noticing who wrote them and was thinking "how the hell did this person end up on this forum" [86]

[/quote]

me too. [74]

Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

Comment

• Casius
                  • Dec 2006

[quote user="philip nod"]

wow. crazy shit goes on.

but seriously LUC. way fucking overpriced and you can't sail on CD's cred for that much mulla. i can never pull the trigger on that shit and i can pull the trigga on anything.

[/quote]

I actually do, seriously, agree that LUC's pricing is quite out of control. Not even MA+ or CCP charge $700+ for a t-shirt and while I find pretty much everything they produce very cool, in the end it just doesn't seem worth it.

But, LUC does have some more palatable priced pieces; The trench from SS08, some of the button down shirts, and the pants (sometimes).

"because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• Chinorlz
                    • Sep 2006

Cas, it's true... a lot of these top guys pricing is all over the place. Some is way over the top and then for some reason, some of it is downright reasonable.

The LUC pricing has gone up WAY faster than any other line though.

I had owned the first permutation of the water ripple/muscle line silkscreen knit tee and in Berlin it set me back about US $350. No fucking way throwing two more seams down the back before they silkscreen it doubles the price.

The pieces are seriously lovely though... but there is a glass ceiling.

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• philip nod
                      • Aug 2007

one can get 3 RO shirt/tanks for 1 LUC shirt

one can get 2 MA+ turtlenecks/shirts/sac hammock for 1 LUC shirt

one can get one CCP shoestring for 1 LUC shirt.

there's something wrong here

Comment

• Chinorlz
                        • Sep 2006

[quote user="philip nod"]

[/quote]

This is the most poignant. Really drives the point home. Sorry LUC, my junk needs to swing in the salty Maldive breeze cradled by Amadei.

Twice.

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• kira
                          • Mar 2008

[quote user="Chinorlz"][quote user="philip nod"]

[/quote]

This is the most poignant. Really drives the point home. Sorry LUC, my junk needs to swing in the salty Maldive breeze cradled by Amadei.

Twice.

[/quote]

if I too had junk, that needed to swing in the salty Maldive breeze, cradled by Amadei, i believe i would agree.[86]

Comment

• philip nod
                            • Aug 2007

i also got a sick attachment vest that cost the same.

and the true ccp comparison would be the Rain shirt button down for the same price

Comment

• Chinorlz
                              • Sep 2006

One day Kira, MA+ will make womens equivalent. In fact, I recently hacked his website and found this prototype drawing that Amadei evidently did really quickly and poorly using MSPaint:

Comment

• kira
                                • Mar 2008

[quote user="Chinorlz"]

One day Kira, MA+ will make womens equivalent. In fact, I recently hacked his website and found this prototype drawing that Amadei evidently did really quickly and poorly using MSPaint:

[/quote]

the new version of the female boy short[86]

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎