X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PaintedBlack_7
    • Sep 2010

Originally posted by shahanshah View Post
    last night they had a bunch, i don't know if it was the git models but they looked awful :/
    fuck, i didn't even get to see it. at least i didn't miss out on much? was it lower that the standard gilt discount (they just cycle the same inventory every few months)

Comment

• elephantstone
      • Jan 2011

They had some silent stuffs for sale several days ago...Sold out like in 5 mins, ppl are just crazy

It's in some way like yoox, most of the stuffs aren't great, but occasionally you may bump into some decent pieces...

Comment

• jesuistruc
        • Jan 2011

When they change lines the designers have to liquidate all of their clothes in the coming of their new line, they quickest way to make their money back on the materials and labor is to sell to big buyers like Gilt. The best sales will usually be around line changes, and after the designers have their end of the season sales they sell it even cheaper to large buyers. Its important to note that occasionally the price listed on Gilt is higher than that list on the designers website, so shop around.

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Poell on Gilt today.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• zamb
            • Nov 2006

whats there?

I no longer have a membership
            “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
            .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Diesel Black Gold
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

So, Gilt is shutting down Park & Bond. I wonder if this is a sign of market oversaturation, or just bad brand synergy (as they claim).

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• michael_kard
                  • Oct 2010

I always felt that their brand roster wasn't versatile enough. Not everyone wants to dress like a Sartorialist subject, apparently.
                  ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
                  Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• swrecked
                    • Sep 2011

I also believe they are having cash flow issues. Because of their flash sale model, they carry a good amount of inventory, and the returns only makes it worse.

Comment

• Hiddenaway
                      • Jan 2012

Originally posted by swrecked View Post
                      I also believe they are having cash flow issues. Because of their flash sale model, they carry a good amount of inventory, and the returns only makes it worse.
                      "With the volumes of Gilt Man approaching $100 million over the past year, Park & Bond was not turning a profit on the $10-million plus business that it was created for. Elements of Park & Bond will be integrated more into Gilt Man, so customers will see more full-price products available for purchase online.

Another reason the site is going to be shut down is because customers were confused having a full-priced men’s site under the same umbrella as Gilt Man. The site is also tightening their business up as they prepare for their initial public offering.

With the change only losing 2-4 positions company-wide, those who continue to work for Gilt will see the company continue to expand. In this case, closure of Park & Bond does not mean bad things for the e-retailer. In fact, the company is projected to keep returning a profit throughout 2013."

Comment

• TheThief
                        • Mar 2011

I think the idea of Gilt launching an IPO is ridiculous at this point in the game but it seems like that's the decision du jour these days. I'm sure we'll (at least some of us) have a good laugh at their valuation.

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Agreed, I don't think they are big enough for an IPO.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Got all excited to receive a 25% coupon in the mail, only to see that the value is up to $50. Boo!

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Anyone got a GILT coupon laying around?

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• zamb
                                • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                                Anyone got a GILT coupon laying around?

what you wanna buy.............Some Diesel black gold?
                                “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                                .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎