Rick Owens Trainers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    • May 2007

Dr. Scholls moleskin plus seems to be the perfect solution if you end up having any sort of pain that causes blisters. Glad to have found it since I have several other shoes that cause the same problem.
    I haven't taken mine off since buying them either. Which did you get?

Originally posted by Magician View Post
    I've got to say I'm pretty damn excited to get mine in the mail today. I ended up getting the 45's from Casius despite being closer to a true 46.

I tried on a pair of 45's in NY, and it seemed like it would be fine with thin socks, but Beaux's uncomfortable experience is making me a little nervous. ahh well - will report back as soon as I've had them on for a couple days.

If they do work - I doubt you'll be able to pry them off me all summer long.

Comment

• Magician
      • Jul 2008

^ Thanks for the recommendation. I've actually been looking for something to throw in my NDC's that I love, but get uncomfortable with repeated wear.

I got the Milk/Dust ones that Casius was selling in classifieds. I had tried on that colorway in NY, fell in love and then wised up on the price - 2 months later exact same color/size heavily discounted - could not resist.
      Selling badass McQueen topcoat 48/38/M. I also write and tweet.

Comment

• May 2007

Recommended from someone else here but he doesn't post as far as I know. Buy the large roll, it goes on your foot not the shoe so you'll use more every wear but hopefully the shoes break in after a while.

Originally posted by Magician View Post
        ^ Thanks for the recommendation. I've actually been looking for something to throw in my NDC's that I love, but get uncomfortable with repeated wear.

I got the Milk/Dust ones that Casius was selling in classifieds. I had tried on that colorway in NY, fell in love and then wised up on the price - 2 months later exact same color/size heavily discounted - could not resist.

Comment

• cabl3
          • Dec 2008

The rear of the heel where the bottom set of staples are at is starting to wear off (strange only on left shoe). Also, there's a small section on the side where the outer rubber is slightly separating from the crepe sole.

Should I have a cobbler do what sphoxx and AV-OX have done to prevent further wear? Or ride it out a bit longer?

AV-OX
          sphoxx
          "If you want to tell the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you."
          - Wilde

Comment

• tangerine
            • Dec 2006

I recommend getting the heel replacement a la AX-OV and Sphoxx. I did it with mine, too. It doesn't cost much, will greatly extend the life of the shoes, and if you wait too long, it will be too late.
            the woman Balmain is wild, casual, explosive cocktail of a sailor and a ballerina

Comment

• ghettosalazar
              Banned
              • Nov 2008

I got the same treatment but when I first got the shoes, so there's a 3/8 thick rubber layer (same color as sole) on top of the crepe

Do you think it would be redundant to have a pair in all black, a pair in all milk, and a pair in milk/black (ones with the black toebox)?

Comment

• Magician
                • Jul 2008

No such thing as too many Rick Owens trainers.

Selling badass McQueen topcoat 48/38/M. I also write and tweet.

Comment

• cjbreed
                  • Feb 2009

Originally posted by ghettosalazar View Post
                  I got the same treatment but when I first got the shoes, so there's a 3/8 thick rubber layer (same color as sole) on top of the crepe
                  would it be redundant to ask for pics? i want a really great pic to show to a cobbler for reference should the need arise...
                  dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• ghettosalazar
                    Banned
                    • Nov 2008

pic just made reconsider owning any

Comment

• cabl3
                      • Dec 2008

thanks for the responses...I'll definitely be taking them to the cobbler this weekend. I hope he can do the job..some cobblers wont even touch sneakers.

Originally posted by cjbreed View Post
                      would it be redundant to ask for pics? i want a really great pic to show to a cobbler for reference should the need arise...
                      umm...like...there..

Originally posted by cabl3 View Post
                      - Wilde

Comment

• snafu
                        • Apr 2008

Eternal i thought he was a policeman undercover ?

Originally posted by Eternal
                        haha, I just found that pictured on my computer as well. Had to laugh a bit! At least mark got the outfit to go with it, but the other dude is just:
                        http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1.../Epic_Fail.jpg

Comment

• cabl3
                          • Dec 2008

and that pic is really something...im not even too sure how it makes me feel.

I think it kinda sums up this thread. haha
                          - Wilde

Comment

• ghettosalazar
                            Banned
                            • Nov 2008

obama's new police funding package includes ro highs for all 5-year men

Comment

• cjbreed
                              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by cabl3 View Post

umm...like...there..
                              Obviously I saw those. The key words I used were "great" and "redundant".

I am asking for something a cobbler with little experience with ro hi's or even crepe soles could use for reference. Like the kind of image you would see in a repair thread. Even tho this isn't a repair thread. But thanks for the effort and info anyway pal
                              dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• DamageX
                                • Dec 2008

I remember seeing a sole protector (I'm not sure what it's called) that was black and covered the entire sole and it also had the heel piece. I think it was in one of the classifieds but I can't seem to find it.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎