X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Flokk
    • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Fade to Black View Post
    I think preventing damage on the shoe is defeating the purpose. Of this particular shoe.
    Well, i want to dirty up the shoe, but i don't want water to actually destroy the leather.

Comment

• Fade to Black
      • Sep 2008

Destruction. Decay. Decadence. It's natural, it's beautiful, it's fucked up, it's Rick.

Originally posted by BeauIXI View Post
      I'm still gonna' argue that the price tag is only part of the gag on these ones.

1. Rick emphasizes glunge, glamour/grunge.
      2. The luxury sneaker market is ridiculous and inane.
      3. Rick's sneakers are very nice, but overpriced.
      4. Rick's proving a point.

Anyway, I feel that these sneakers, for me, are the right decision in the trainer market. They last forever, like how everyone feels a trainer should (though they neeeever eeever do), they're great quality, they're comfortable and they're hot shit if you're going to wear a sneaker.. Plus they're pretty much a go-to option when you think about it. Look at the majority of Snafu's fits. They're made to get messy though, too, which is meant to be a property of regular, throwaway sneakers, and not of collectible SB's that sit in closets. Sneaker collections freak me out and piss me off.
      I thoroughly enjoyed this in-depth analysis of the pros/cons of DMT and why you felt they were the one for you. Congratulations BeauIXI, you're on a boat.
      www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• Magician
        • Jul 2008

I enjoyed Beau's post.

I'm the first to admit that I wear the trainers awkwardly (though I think I'm getting better), and they are indeed a difficult piece to wear, but I agree with everything Beau said.

The price tag is very much part of the product.
        Selling badass McQueen topcoat 48/38/M. I also write and tweet.

Comment

• kunk75
          Banned
          • May 2008

i really don;t care if anyone on the street notices them or not but they are far more comfortable than any raf, dh, jil, etc. designer sneaker i've owned. and the ones i have are pre-dunk era and are completely unadorned which i like. only downside is after 3 weeks the crepe is nearly gone and the sole is most definitely not built to last.

Comment

• Wiggles
            • Sep 2008

went on a short nature hike in my white ro's today.... teacher didn't announce it last class so it was an ambush on the shoes.... still look fine... beat them to death.

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
              • Mar 2009

I dont like them for myself,as they dont really fit in with what i wear.
              But i seen people rock them well.I think its a trainer that looks more aesthetically pleasing in smaller sizes.
              merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

• Johnny
                • Sep 2006

they look like nikes. they won't be more comfortable than nikes. they're $750. snafus started wearing white boots and brown suede shoes. nod's selling his. it's fucking page 39 of this thread. all the signs are there...they must die

Comment

• digital_d
                  • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
                  they look like nikes. they won't be more comfortable than nikes. they're $750. snafus started wearing white boots and brown suede shoes. nod's selling his. it's fucking page 39 of this thread. all the signs are there...they must die
                  someone please photoshop trainers on fonzi. I don't think that's a Rick leather though.

Comment

• cjbreed
                    • Feb 2009

just my little 30 something posts opinion here, but rick trainers don't look anything like nikes, and the shark has definitely not been jumped. the only place they could be considered common, passe or played out is the internetz. they are exceedingly rare in most of the real world. they are an iconic, statement piece. if you're gonna wear designer trainers, these are the coolest i've seen. are they worth the money? no, not really. but thats up to the individual and depends on how much value you place on the x factor that goes along with the look, design and personality of these particular shoes. in my opinion, they are a like a swagger multiplier. if you have the swagger to pull them off in the first place, then they add a great deal of swagger to even the simplest of outfits. somebody help me with a synonym for swagger.

in other words, i love 'em
                    dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• tsutsu
                      • May 2009

well, I kind of like the new look which is simpler and slicker, will definitely look out for this. Can't judge until we get to see the actual design. Does anyone know whether this means that the 'swoosh' is going to be out of production next season on?!

btw, my question to the people who've worn their ROs (like maybe a thousand times) - do these expand or stretch out a little at all? Am selling a 41 but I may just keep them and season them out abit. I keep thinking they may stretch out so that will be my perfect size. I thought I read in an earlier post someone says his 42 now feels like a 43 after wearing.

Anyone experienced RO wearers?

Comment

• midnight
                        • Mar 2009

Originally posted by tsutsu View Post
                        well, I kind of like the new look which is simpler and slicker, will definitely look out for this. Can't judge until we get to see the actual design. Does anyone know whether this means that the 'swoosh' is going to be out of production next season on?!

btw, my question to the people who've worn their ROs (like maybe a thousand times) - do these expand or stretch out a little at all? Am selling a 41 but I may just keep them and season them out abit. I keep thinking they may stretch out so that will be my perfect size. I thought I read in an earlier post someone says his 42 now feels like a 43 after wearing.

Anyone experienced RO wearers?
                        The heel will stretch out and conform to your ankle over time as worn. The width of the shoe will stretch a bit if they're slightly narrow at first, too.

Comment

• tsutsu
                          • May 2009

Originally posted by midnight View Post
                          The heel will stretch out and conform to your ankle over time as worn. The width of the shoe will stretch a bit if they're slightly narrow at first, too.
                          Thanks mate ^^^That's nice to hear. I suddenly realise what is my main problem with RO trainers, it's the concealed heel inside - that is why it feels tight even though I got my seemingly correct size. Anyone experience this as a problem and find it uncomfortable to wear at first? I was wondering why if my sole can rest nicely flat out in the shoe but it feels uncomfortable like wearing ski boots as someone mentioned earlier...

Comment

• fightattack
                            • Mar 2009

I grabbed a couple pair that veradaverde was selling.
                            They're quite legit.
                            42 and 43 in white

I was thinking I could turn a profit . . . really dumb in hindsight.
                            But if anyone's interested, PM me.
                            I paid $650

Comment

• cjbreed
                              • Feb 2009

well the archive has fw09 stuff up and more pics of the new trainer

ROhightopshoeFW0910

i am glad i kopped SS09. new ones ain't got no laces no how
                              dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• midnight
                                • Mar 2009

Originally posted by cjbreed View Post
                                well the archive has fw09 stuff up and more pics of the new trainer

ROhightopshoeFW0910

i am glad i kopped SS09. new ones ain't got no laces no how
                                Here's another picture. Apparently the retail will be $1175.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎