Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gouki
    • May 2009

Seems to be a problem with the zip quality on the DRKSHDW ramones, it's I've heard about, they had several return at l'éclaireur at paris…

Aapparently no problem on the geo.

sincerly, the quality go down, just look the chuncky/cracked one (ramones and geo), it's look like pretty cheap ! not sure it goes better with the time…

Originally posted by Merc View Post
    What is up with the zippers of all the 2014 Rick shoes? Just tried a bair of geos on instore and the zipper feels and looks like its made of plastic... They're so bad compared to the 2013's.... These zippers might hold me back buying them.

Comment

• Merc
      • Dec 2013

Originally posted by Gouki View Post
      Seems to be a problem with the zip quality on the DRKSHDW ramones, it's I've heard about, they had several return at l'éclaireur at paris…

Aapparently no problem on the geo.

sincerly, the quality go down, just look the chuncky/cracked one (ramones and geo), it's look like pretty cheap ! not sure it goes better with the time…
      (I can only speak for the quality of the Geos!)

Took another look at them and in al honesty they do zip good and it's only the zipper 'handle' that feels cheap. The brand of the zipper is YKK now by the way.

About the rest of the quality. It didn't necessarily felt lower in quality, but the leather was softer than the 2013 one. They felt more like sneakers now than some sort of boots with a sneaker sole.

Think I might buy them and replace the stock zipper handle.

How was the problem with the Ramones solved btw? Were they main collection or drkshdw?

Comment

• bennyy
        • Dec 2012

anyone have issues of the insole leather peeling back in their geobaskets?

seems to happen to mine after a certain amount of wear.

Comment

• unwashed
          • Dec 2008

At first I did care about the ugly cheap looking flat zippers, but after a while accepted these and bought the Geo's. So I have the FW13 Geo's with the zippers made by Raccagni and since the day I bought them one zipper always opens up. So I cannot ever wear them fully zipped up. This is actually not a really big problem for me, but confirms again that these zippers really do suck.

About the insoles rolling back. I do not have the problem yet with the Geo's, but I do have this issue with the old-school dunks. Nothing to be done about it I guess.
          Grailed link

Comment

• Merc
            • Dec 2013

Originally posted by unwashed View Post
            At first I did care about the ugly cheap looking flat zippers, but after a while accepted these and bought the Geo's. So I have the FW13 Geo's with the zippers made by Raccagni and since the day I bought them one zipper always opens up. So I cannot ever wear them fully zipped up. This is actually not a really big problem for me, but confirms again that these zippers really do suck.

About the insoles rolling back. I do not have the problem yet with the Geo's, but I do have this issue with the old-school dunks. Nothing to be done about it I guess.
            Those zippers are actually te ones I like the most! Love the big chunk pull tab. My 13 Geo's don't have problems with the Raccagni zippers, but zipping then never went smooth. I actually know someonenwith the exact same problem as you.

Found out that pull tabs can't just be replaced easily. Most likely I'd have to replace the slider with it. Guess I'll just have to live with it and hope that the quality of the new YKK zippers is on point.

Comment

• Soul Pill
              • Feb 2011

Originally posted by bennyy View Post
              anyone have issues of the insole leather peeling back in their geobaskets?

seems to happen to mine after a certain amount of wear.
              Yeah, I have this. Not done anything about it though...

Comment

• messenoire
                • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Soul Pill View Post
                Yeah, I have this. Not done anything about it though...
                i have sidezips with the sneaker sole and that happened. i just took out the entire insole and put a much more comfortable one in anyways.

Comment

• boodude
                  • Oct 2012

ramones

How do classic high top leather Ramones fit? TTS? I am sz.44 in a1923, MA+, Layer-0 boots and Balmain sneakers,
                  Thanks!

Comment

• Crowzer
                    • Feb 2011

My Ramones (F/W 13), fit true to size.

Comment

• boodude
                      • Oct 2012

Originally posted by Crowzer View Post
                      My Ramones (F/W 13), fit true to size.
                      Awesome! Thank you

Comment

• Merc
                        • Dec 2013

Can someone explain what this white stuff is? I'm guessing something like glue? I can't get it off scratching, clean or whatever.

Only my right shoe has this, so I guess it isn't normal.

Clickable!

Edit, also found it here so It can't be glue...?

Last edited by Merc; 03-03-2014, 06:32 AM.

Comment

• beyondthemeans
                          • Sep 2008

Yes, looks like glue. You can remove it with nailpolish-remover, but will probably effect the leather too.

Comment

• lost53
                            • Dec 2010

Comment

• mrbeuys
                              • May 2008

Starting to like these (image via Sneakerboy's Instagram)

Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• boodude
                                • Oct 2012

^^ The all black Rickdidas are growing on me as well!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎