Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Senpai
    • Apr 2014

Currently been getting some inspiration from a variety of locations including music from Grouper, Panaef's and similar other's photography, and yoga. The music has manifested itself in me dressing in a manner I find both calming and comfortable, as I'm currently dealing with the usual stresses of life. The photography has been inspiring me in the sense of an aesthetic that feels old upon first glance, but it is very much both new and abstract with a sense of darkness, but more of a comforting form of the sort. Warmth within the dark? Richness? Lastly, the yoga falls into both comfort and freedom while also taking time to appreciate the art of everyday life. Anywhere from spilled coffee to the complex contortions one can balance theirself in.

Comment

• woupes
      • Apr 2011

Last edited by woupes; 07-15-2014, 07:58 PM. Reason: Resize picture

Comment

• LelandJ
        Banned
        • Apr 2014

Comment

• tenkibearpop
          • May 2014

Comment

• Tafkap
            • Oct 2006

Comment

• samuray_
              • Jul 2014

Comment

• pilgrim
                • Apr 2014

Want these. Kind of. More just a fantasy than actually having them.

http://man.totokaelo.com/rick-owens/...t/black/N14449

Reminds me of the dress in the movie Equilibrium. A totalitarian state, governed by discipline and forced removal of emotion.

Occult philosophy, a hierarchical, monolithic religion. No color. Doesn't sound unattractive.

A clerical organization dedicated to the discipline of self awareness. Maybe they were inspired by a real world organization.

Comment

• kurta
                  • Jun 2014

Originally posted by Senpai View Post
                  Currently been getting some inspiration from a variety of locations including music from Grouper
                  Senpai, good news for you: Grouper has announced a new record, called Ruins, out this year on Halloween (10/31/14). Here's a statement she issued:
                  Ruins was made in Aljezur, Portugal in 2011 on a residency set up by Galeria Zé dos Bois. I recorded everything there except the last song, which I did at mother’s house in 2004. Iʼm still surprised by what I wound up with. It was the first time Iʼd sat still for a few years; processed a lot of political anger and emotional garbage. Recorded pretty simply, with a portable 4-track, Sony stereo mic and an upright piano. When I wasnʼt recording songs I was hiking several miles to the beach. The path wound through the ruins of several old estates and a small village.

The album is a document. A nod to that daily walk. Failed structures. Living in the remains of love. I left the songs the way they came (microwave beep from when power went out after a storm); I hope that the album bears some resemblance to the place that I was in.

Such good news. A | A was incredible, as was Dragging A Dead Deer, as was The Man Who Died In His Own Boat, which let's post here and listen to forever why not:

Comment

• Spectacolos
                    • Oct 2008

CDG womenswear, music from the british hardcore continuum. ln-cc. the official photos from a bunch of personally favoured labels.

Comment

• j100000
                      • May 2014

Comment

• markyman
                        • Sep 2014

I would not be surprised if Prince wore this. Only he can pull this one off.

Comment

• byhand
                          • Dec 2011

Comment

• Halibut
                            • Sep 2014

Comment

• trentk
                              • Oct 2010

"He described this initial impetus as like discovering that they both were looking at the same intriguing specific tropical fish, with attempts to understand it leading to a huge ferocious formalism he characterizes as a shark that leapt out of the tank."

Comment

• Jun 2014

Ter et Bantine FW13 & SS11,
                                Bone Thugs-n-Harmony,
                                Stella Tennant by Alasdair McLellan for 032c, by Alexei Hay for Dutch Magazine '99,
                                Figure With Flowers by Justin Bridges for Totokaelo,
                                Helmut Lang SS01
                                Last edited by 1994; 06-07-2015, 09:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎