• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thehouseofdis
    • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Heirloom View Post
    I recommend "To Bring You My Love" "Is This Desire?" and "White Chalk"
    Agreed, but I'd have to add "Dry" to that list as well. I also like her collaboration albums with John Parish (the producer and musician on the three albums you mentioned).

February 14 "Let England Shake". I can't wait.
    THE HOUSE OF DIS
    embrace the twenty first movement

Comment

• skinfade
      • Jul 2010

Comment

• trentk
        • Oct 2010

Derrida seems like he would look good in some of the clothes that we discuss - he reminds me of a magician or wizard with the crazy hair and raised collar.

.... maybe I'm crazy, but this CCP shirt always makes me think "Derrida". probably brings to mind the above wikipedia image.
        CCP High Necked Glove Shirt
        "He described this initial impetus as like discovering that they both were looking at the same intriguing specific tropical fish, with attempts to understand it leading to a huge ferocious formalism he characterizes as a shark that leapt out of the tank."

Comment

• timber
          • Nov 2008

http://111wpm.tumblr.com/

Comment

• trentk
            • Oct 2010

Maybe its cheap to post an image of a forum member under inspiration, but this is one of my favorite looks online. Infact its one of the looks that made me stop and realize "wait..... rick owens et al isn't ridiculous looking bs for fashion victims. worn right, these designers are incredible"
            "He described this initial impetus as like discovering that they both were looking at the same intriguing specific tropical fish, with attempts to understand it leading to a huge ferocious formalism he characterizes as a shark that leapt out of the tank."

Comment

• kuriz
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by interest1 View Post
              Wauw what a beautiful picture. In some strange way this represent true love and care to me. Thanks,have to save that!

Comment

• Fade to Black
                • Sep 2008

yeah i really like that image too.

have always dug this guy's style
                www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• The Great Destroyer
                  • Nov 2010

Never heard her music before but this made me decide to give her a shot and I have to say I like it alot.

Thanks Heirloom

Comment

• snafu
                    • Apr 2008

trentk :
                    Maybe its cheap to post an image of a forum member under inspiration, but this is one of my favorite looks online. Infact its one of the looks that made me stop and realize "wait..... rick owens et al isn't ridiculous looking bs for fashion victims. worn right, these designers are incredible"

i dont see any rick in this ?

Comment

• trentk
                      • Oct 2010

Originally posted by snafu View Post
                      i dont see any rick in this ?
                      Snafu - there isn't any rick in christian's fit. I only mentioned rick b/c I initially wrote off the SZ aesthetic as "ridiculous", having only seen it presented in contexts like this:

Fits like yours, christian's, and to some extent BSR's were the fits that changed my perception of the SZ aesthetic for the better - christian's and yours especially were the type of look I had been visualizing in my mind's eye.... until recently, I just didn't know that there were designers making such clothes.

edit: also, rick is arguably the most visible of the designers discussed here, so he was the first "dark avant garde" designer I encountered
                      (I realize the term "dark avant garde" isn't fitting..... for example, rick owens most recent womens collection certainly isn't dark.... but I can't think of a better descriptor. Goth-ninja doesn't include the futuristic influences, maybe "glunge" works but that doesn't seem specific enough)
                      Last edited by trentk; 12-30-2010, 03:05 PM.

Comment

• I love that look btw. ^

Comment

• trentk
                          • Oct 2010

heirloom - didn't mean that its objectively ridiculous, just that it doesn't mesh with my particular taste. It would be ludicrous to insist that my subjective opinion of the look is a hard and fixed universal property.

Comment

• i didn't read what you wrote.

Comment

• Fade to Black
                              • Sep 2008

i didn't read what you wrote.
                              priceless
                              www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• Ochre