Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mikemikemike
    • Jun 2011

hey guys is there a archive sale for TVA at LIFT this weekend? i got a message about one.....i think

Comment

• savant
      • Jul 2011

Off to Tokyo, Kyoto and Osaka for 3 weeks tomorrow.

Will be reading through the thread but Was wondering if someone can give me a quick and dirty rundown regarding shops

I'm after Julius and Rick basics/tanks, drkshdw Detroit and ramones, LUC knits, Yohji, Sarti scarves and PH but probably not much PH on second hand market apart from DSM etc ?

Am I better off looking for RO and Julius stuff at flagship stores or sift through the second hands? I've been told to check out Rinkan and Kind for their online stock and go to the branch for the item I want to look at

Comment

• braver
        • Sep 2013

^^
        Tokyo:
        Find Julus flagship, spend hours there, then go to LIFT, it's near. Don't forget that there are 2 LIFTs close to each other. Then, in 6 minutes max walking there's Gullam store stocking Devoa, IS and a lot of other amazing stuff. Incarnation store is just near, but you'll not find it yourself, ask someone to show you that hidden door... and that's how you'll spend the whole day.

Then try Isetan men store for Yohji, Rick, Julius, TVA and others.

Another location is near Omotesando. Find Nezu Museum, RO is next door, Yohji, Issey and others are not so far.

My advise is to know the phone numbers of these stores as sometimes they are not easy to find.

Good luck!
        Last edited by braver; 12-23-2014, 09:00 PM.

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
          • Apr 2013

Originally posted by braver View Post
          ^^
          Tokyo:
          Find Julus flagship, spend hours there, then go to LIFT, it's near. Don't forget that there are 2 LIFTs close to each other. Then, in maybe 30 minutes walking there's Gullam store stocking Devoa, IS and a lot of other amazing stuff. Incarnation store is just near, but you'll not find it yourself, ask someone to show you that hidden door... and that's how you'll spend the whole day.

Then try Isetan men store for Yohji, Rick, Julius, TVA and others.

Another location is Omontesando hills, Rick's and Yohji's flagship are there.

My advise is to know the phone numbers of these stores as sometimes they are not easy to find.

Good luck!

lol 30 minutes? boy did you get lost, 6 minutes max
          Originally posted by unwashed
          Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
          Originally posted by Ahimsa
          I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• MrBushido
            • Dec 2013

^:)

Yohji, Issey, CDG and RO should be in Aoyama and not in OH afak! Ann in OH.
            Last edited by MrBushido; 12-23-2014, 12:16 PM. Reason: CDG

Comment

• braver
              • Sep 2013

Originally posted by TriggerDiscipline View Post
              lol 30 minutes? boy did you get lost, 6 minutes max
              Yes boy, SZ's thread didnt really help me in Tokyo, it took some time to find that store. That's why I post here trying to help.

Your comments are really helpful, please keep posting. lol

Originally posted by MrBushido View Post
              ^:)

Yohji, Issey, CDG and RO should be in Aoyama and not in OH afak! Ann in OH.
              Oh sorry, it is near, I just thought OH is how that area is called.
              Then my advise is to find a Nezu Muzeum, RO is just next door, and start walking from there.

edited my corresponding post
              Last edited by braver; 12-23-2014, 08:59 PM.

Comment

• MrBushido
                • Dec 2013

^^

No need for 'sorry'!!!

Yes, it pretty close but the reason for my reply is because Omotesando Hills is the name of a shopping center and it's easy to confuse it with the avenue omotesando.

Giving easy to follow directions in tokyo is pretty hard. But it's probably the best city in the world to get lost in!!!

b-mobile have a relatively cheap sim card 'compared to what you can get at airport' for internet access.

Comment

• t3hg0suazn
                  • Jan 2013

I highly recommend getting a sim card for Google maps - made it no trouble to find even the really hidden places in Tokyo. I got mine from www.econnectjapan.com which might just be an English front-end for b-mobile but I think b-mobile required you to have a Japanese phone number to activate.
                  I think most of the good places have already been covered. Lift is my favorite. While in the Omotesando Hills be sure to go to Boutique W and the MMM store is largest in the world I think. A bit way from center of Tokyo there is Carrefour as well.

Comment

• sunny
                    • Dec 2012

went to Julius flagship yesterday. It is quite hidden and I took some time to find it out. I was surprised that the store is quite small yet nice. Most of sale items were sold out. Fortunately, there are some mid winter items I never see anywhere. Price is really affordable even for me. Bought a lamb leather blazer
                    Definitely will spend more time there for the next trip

Comment

• MrBushido
                      • Dec 2013

Originally posted by TriggerDiscipline View Post
                      monster the secret is that all the kind and rinkan stock is online, inlcuding which store it's located at.

it would be literally easier to check the night before on rakuten what you want, then go to those specific stores rather than browse every rinkan and kind it would literally take hours.

just saying
                      Where do you see which shop has the item? I've looked at Rinkan shop in rakuten but i can't see it anywhere...

Thanks

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

I am leaving Wednesday for Tokyo. Let me know if there is anything new I should check out, while I peruse this thread.

I am also interested in design, books, ceramics, and tea. Is Tokyu Hands worth a visit?
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• t-bone
                          • Dec 2009

I like Loft better than Tokyu Hands for a better curated vibe. Housewares at Isetan is even better than both.

Comment

• bukka
                            • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                            I am leaving Wednesday for Tokyo. Let me know if there is anything new I should check out, while I peruse this thread.

I am also interested in design, books, ceramics, and tea. Is Tokyu Hands worth a visit?
                            Watari museum book shop, a lot of sold out art books are available there.
                            Eternity is in love with the productions of time

Comment

• Comotomo
                              • Nov 2014

Tokyu hands has great (Halloween) costumes

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by t-bone View Post
                                I like Loft better than Tokyu Hands for a better curated vibe. Housewares at Isetan is even better than both.
                                Good to know - yes, looks frighteningly large, haha.

Good tip, bukka!
                                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎