X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • redmalva
    • Oct 2006

Wedding Guest Attire

I'm sure that many of you guys are going to be attending weddings this summer. What are you guys going to wear to them besides a suit and tie? It's only semi-formal, but the whole suit and tie does not work for me.

Any suggestions or ideas?

• philip nod
    • Aug 2007

Re: Wedding Guest Attire

i'm be wearing my tennis outfit
    One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• Fuuma
      • Sep 2006

I suggest you dress appropriately; it's not about your taste but about pleasing thebride and groom. See what they expect and meet those requirements. If everything goes than it's fine but they often have very clear idea of what they want or don't want.
      Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
      http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Johnny
        • Sep 2006

^^correct.

Comment

• iSuck
          • Mar 2008

[quote user="Fuuma"]I suggest you dress appropriately; it's not about your taste but about pleasing thebride and groom. See what they expect and meet those requirements. If everything goes than it's fine but they often have very clear idea of what they want or don't want.[/quote]

Also, the time and location are going to factor into your decision as well. A 2pm beach wedding and a 7pm cathedral wedding are very different.

Comment

• deuxmille
            • Nov 2006

I played a wedding gig wear fishnet pants tucked in cp? boots and some top I dont remember. I didn't fit in at all.

Comment

• voltaire's anti-defamation league
              • Aug 2007

[quote user="iSuck"]

[quote user="Fuuma"]I suggest you dress appropriately; it's not about your taste but about pleasing thebride and groom. See what they expect and meet those requirements. If everything goes than it's fine but they often have very clear idea of what they want or don't want.[/quote]

Also, the time and location are going to factor into your decision as well. A 2pm beach wedding and a 7pm cathedral wedding are very different.

[/quote]

yeah might depend on your relationship with the bride and groom too as
              well as the general context of the wedding. if its a small family and
              close friends thing and you kind of know everyone and theyre all pretty
              familiar with your weird fashion steeze than u could probably get away
              with a lil more without catching any static...i wore the white oversized ann d shirt to my dads wedding last year but they would be more shocked if i wore a suit from MOORE'S. nothing too extreme
              obviously weddings arent really the place for making statements...but
              yeah if youre just somebody's random +1 i think its best to blend in as
              much as possible.

Comment

• redmalva
                • Oct 2006

I am actually very close to the bride and groom and the family & friends knows about my "weird" styles. The wedding consists of two parts, late afternoon ceremony in a church and night time reception dinner at fancy restaurant. Definitely plan on blending in as much as possible, but still do not want to wear a suit and tie; i would feel extremely awkward in it.

Comment

• voltaire's anti-defamation league
                  • Aug 2007

yep depending on your social skills sometimes wearing something cool can be a good conversation piece too. im not big on the small talk so like when grandma is playing catch up or the friend of a friend etc etc is like 'so what r u up to now.' i can just be like 'this shirt cost 700$' which is my second point, just keep the price tag on everything thats questionable... as long as it expensive people are usually pretty open minded ;)

Comment

• justine
                    • Jan 2007

[quote user="Fuuma"]I suggest you dress appropriately; it's not about your taste but about pleasing the bride and groom. See what they expect and meet those requirements. If everything goes than it's fine but they often have very clear idea of what they want or don't want.[/quote]fuuma's got the answer

Comment

• philip nod
                      • Aug 2007

i still think the tennis suit is the right answer. nobody fucks w you bc you are so bad ass.

Comment

• DHC
                        • Jul 2007

[quote user="philip nod"]i still think the tennis suit is the right answer. nobody fucks w you bc you are so bad ass.
                        [/quote]

I wish someone came to my wedding in a tennis suit. [74]

edit: Seriously though..

[quote user="Fuuma"]I suggest you dress appropriately; it's not about
                        your taste but about pleasing thebride and groom. See what they expect
                        and meet those requirements. If everything goes than it's fine but they
                        often have very clear idea of what they want or don't want.[/quote]

[Y][Y]

Originally posted by Faust
                        fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• the breaks
                          • Sep 2007

[quote user="voltaire's anti-defamation league"]yep depending on your social skills sometimes wearing something cool can be a good conversation piece too. im not big on the small talk so like when grandma is playing catch up or the friend of a friend etc etc is like 'so what r u up to now.' i can just be like 'this shirt cost 700$' which is my second point, just keep the price tag on everything thats questionable... as long as it expensive people are usually pretty open minded ;)
                          [/quote]

This one made me chuckle more than once. Good stuff [74]

Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• orphée
                            • Apr 2008

It's all about making the bride and groom the centre of attraction. One tip though: try not to look like the catering staff. And if photos are taken outside on wet grass, keep the shoes on, otherwise it looks like people are rising out of the ground like the undead.

Comment

• philip nod
                              • Aug 2007

i still think this makes sense, everyone will love you [64]:

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎