X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dane
    HAMMERTIME
    • Feb 2011

All 3 are fairly different, but alternate to Querelle could be Une Fleur de Cassie (Malle); VE - Sycomore (Chanel); Man2 - Le Labo's Patchouli (which doesn't smell like patchouli).
    i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Ivans On High
      Banned
      • Oct 2008

Thanks Dane.

I tried the FM recommendation but didn't like it, and found it entirely different from the Querelle.

The Sycamore on the other hand... Strikingly similar to VE. I'll be interested to see what the differences will be on the dry down. It seems to last longer on the skin or me also.

Comment

• casem
        • Sep 2006

New CDG trio, man they really crank them out.

"Japanese cult brand COMME des GARCONS is about to launch the latest addition to its perfume collection. The Blue series comprises a total of three different fragrances: Santal, Encens und Cedrat. Watch out for COMME des GARCONS Blue to hit select retailers soon, including Dover Street Market in London."

music

Comment

• evilchevy
          • Apr 2013

I am hooked up with by Kilian (pure oud, incense oud, white cristal and absinthe verte)
          and Tom Ford tuscan leather for every day....

Comment

• croatoan
            • Jul 2007

Originally posted by darkbydesign View Post
            Completely random addiction, but I would love to find a scent that smells like the fizz from Dr. Brown's Cel-Rey soda. I secretly drink these constantly just for the smell.... In other words, soda+sugar+celery notes? Strange, but I love the smell and would wear it or mix it with other scents for various combos.

Any other new recommendations out there? I'm getting stagnant in my current collection....
            Stop by the CB I Hate Perfume and see if he can't cook something up for you.

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• jogu
                • Jun 2009

iced sandalwood and warm pine ? hmmmm im interested ! anyone have a chance to test these yet ?

Comment

• Castor
                  • Nov 2009

I briefly sniffed all three and nothing jumped out at me. I'll revisit shortly---only the sandalwood sounds interesting, but they are very difficult for me to enjoy.
                  Originally posted by DRRRK
                  The bridge from Dior to CCP being Rick Owens.

Comment

• jogu
                    • Jun 2009

from the descriptions im thinkin the incense and sandalwood ones could be good , like what about them didnt u like ? are they mainstreamy like amazingreen ? i tried to like that one , gave it a chance and wore it a few times here n there but ... ugh somethin about it just doesnt do it for me at all

Comment

• darkbydesign
                      • Sep 2010

Originally posted by croatoan View Post
                      Stop by the CB I Hate Perfume and see if he can't cook something up for you.
                      ^^^Woah.....You've just unleashed something dangerous. I have always loved CB I Hate, but had no idea I could walk over to Brooklyn for this. I just looked up location and now realize this.....

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll see what happens. ;-)

Comment

• Castor
                        • Nov 2009

Originally posted by jogu View Post
                        from the descriptions im thinkin the incense and sandalwood ones could be good , like what about them didnt u like ? are they mainstreamy like amazingreen ? i tried to like that one , gave it a chance and wore it a few times here n there but ... ugh somethin about it just doesnt do it for me at all
                        I'm going to try to make it back today. Honestly, something about the "blue" theme just threw me off, because I assumed it was something fresh and ozonic and I've lately not been very impressed with anything CDG parfums has released, so I was not giving anything much of a chance. I wish they would slow down and be more thoughtful about their releases. It's also a strange time of year to like/want/smell sandalwood---though I wear incense based frags all year. I'll try to get a better report soon. Mainstreamy has been a bit of an issue for CDG parfums lately for me as well---too green---too woody---blah blah.

Comment

• Dane
                          HAMMERTIME
                          • Feb 2011

Originally posted by darkbydesign View Post
                          ^^^Woah.....You've just unleashed something dangerous. I have always loved CB I Hate, but had no idea I could walk over to Brooklyn for this. I just looked up location and now realize this.....

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll see what happens. ;-)
                          Don't expect much.
                          i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Agreed. Don't get the CB hype.
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Castor
                              • Nov 2009

CDG Blue thoughts: As a group they feel like fragrances for people who don't like fragrance and veer masculine.

Cedrat: Bitter citrus with a metallic, vegetal edge, kinda turnipy or rooty and then dries down to a pencil shavings cedar note. I could see someone who doesn't really care for fragrance liking this as a non-scent--still kinda strong somehow, though. Like a mean version of D&G Light Blue (irony?).

Encens: Dry incense, but nothing to compete with Kyoto or others in the incense series, OK, but nothing special to me. GOes from cool to warm in the drydown, but nothing "oriental" about it. Some pepper in the drydown. At least wearable.

Santal: Sandalwood (maybe?) competing with a fresh oceanic/ozonic accord. Smells like 90s "fresh" men's colognes. Pine? I hate pine. Very dated. Nothing headache inducing, but still probably the worst of them and unworthy of CDG.

Comment

• jogu
                                • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Castor View Post
                                Like a mean version of D&G Light Blue (irony?).
                                ruh rohhh this doesnt sound promising :(
                                thx for the reviews i appreciate it

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎