Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BrianK
    • Jan 2013

Anybody recommend any fragrances with a pineapple or apple flavor ?
    Has anybody ever tried Creed Aventus? I heard the longevity and projection is amazing

Comment

• darkbydesign
      • Sep 2010

^I'd highly recommend Aventus for apple and I guess pineapple too. Hell, I don't even know of another frag with those notes. Not a huge fan of the vanilla note as it makes it all very sweet, but the rest of the notes, particularly the bergamont and jasmine are nice.

Comment

• Dane
        HAMMERTIME
        • Feb 2011

Originally posted by BrianK View Post
        Anybody recommend any fragrances with a pineapple or apple flavor ?
        Has anybody ever tried Creed Aventus? I heard the longevity and projection is amazing
        Head on over to the Basenotes forum if you want to join the Creed love-in. I've seen Aventus on the bargain shelf at TJ Maxx/Winners...I still wouldn't buy it at 1/2 off, but whatever floats your boat.

*creed sucks*
        i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Law
          • Dec 2013

Originally posted by byhand View Post
          Best place online to buy well-curated fragrance samples? Want to try something new but have no criteria other than I want to stay away from my regulars, which tend to be predominantly citrus/clove scents.
          Surrender to Chance and The Perfumed Court.

Comment

• Law
            • Dec 2013

Originally posted by casem83 View Post
            I'm really torn on buying Le Labo Gaiac now that there's only 10 days left (that's how they get you!). I really love it but holy cow the price is ridic.

So, before I do something foolish can anyone recommend other frags that might be comparable? I think what it is I like about Gaiac must be some kind of white musk element that lasts and lasts. It's incredibly linear and stable, I like that it's super clean wood (no spice, very little smoke) without going into househould cleaner territory. It's somehow warm and piercing at the same time without being cloying. It's the only wood I've tried I can imagine working equally well in summer as winter.

Others have mentioned Kyoto, but they aren't in the least similar to me. I've also come across Tanoke from Odin as having a strong Gaiac element, haven't tried it in a while but I'm guessing it will have the darkness/spice that I appreciate being left out of Gaiac.
            Obviously not a "woody" fragrance, but if you want something which has a super clean and divine clean musk (amongst other things), try Lumiere Noire by Maison Francis Kurkdjian.

With that said, an alternative to G10 you may want to try (which is superior IMO) is Jo Malone's Guaiac wood Cologne.

Comment

• darkbydesign
              • Sep 2010

^Never used Surrender the Chance, but it seems to have some hard to find samples (i.e. decants that aren't always easy to come by) Thanks for the good find.

Comment

• Verdandi
                • Mar 2012

Has anyone had the chance to try the re-released Helmut Lang fragrances yet? Word has it they have not been reformulated, but I somehow doubt that.
                lavender menace

Comment

• Rick-A-Doodle
                  • Oct 2014

I'm very partial to the Bois D'Orage and Dries Van Noten fragrances by Frederic Malle.

Originally posted by Verdandi View Post
                  Has anyone had the chance to try the re-released Helmut Lang fragrances yet? Word has it they have not been reformulated, but I somehow doubt that.
                  I have used all three (friend works at one of the locations that will be distributing it). It is chemically exactly the same. They're using the same people that created the original and the same formula. It might not smell the exact same as the old one if you compare them side by side because obviously the fragrances change over time. The new Helmut Lang Cuiron fragrance is my favorite. Very masculine.

Comment

• resolution653
                    • Nov 2013

What a coincidence... I just received a complimentary sample of Helmut Lang Cuiron today and have it on my wrist as I type. Never tried it before the 2014 release so I can't compare it to the original. That being said, what a lovely fragrance, smooth and endlessly wearable. /Me sniffs wrist... I just may purchase a full bottle.

Comment

• mikemikemike
                      • Jun 2011

Originally posted by resolution653 View Post
                      Blood Concept always intrigued me, but never around to sampling their wares. Have you tried AB ? Sounds similar to Nu_Be Mercury and I'm kinda into this sort of scent atm.
                      i can not speak for AB but i like O and B although B does not seem to last as long. makes me wonder about the longevity of the others...

Comment

• Law
                        • Dec 2013

Originally posted by Verdandi View Post
                        I'm in the process of ordering one. I have a bottle of the original, so I'll do a side-by-side comparison once it arrives. I have a feeling it will be near identical, since the original is mainly (if not all) synthetic.

Comment

• Law
                          • Dec 2013

Originally posted by Rick-A-Doodle View Post

I have used all three (friend works at one of the locations that will be distributing it). It is chemically exactly the same. They're using the same people that created the original and the same formula. It might not smell the exact same as the old one if you compare them side by side because obviously the fragrances change over time. The new Helmut Lang Cuiron fragrance is my favorite. Very masculine.
                          Can you please find out whether the concentration is EDC or EDP.
                          The original was EDC, but Lucky Scent has it listed as EDP.

Comment

• Rick-A-Doodle
                            • Oct 2014

Originally posted by Law View Post
                            Can you please find out whether the concentration is EDC or EDP.
                            The original was EDC, but Lucky Scent has it listed as EDP.
                            They're releasing both actually.

Comment

• Verdandi
                              • Mar 2012

Originally posted by Law View Post
                              I'm in the process of ordering one. I have a bottle of the original, so I'll do a side-by-side comparison once it arrives. I have a feeling it will be near identical, since the original is mainly (if not all) synthetic.
                              Do you mean the EDC?
                              I'd be more interested in the EDP - the one that was released as a women's scent back in the day. I still have a couple of bottles of that (and the perfume version), but I'd be interested in what it smells like in the re-released version.
                              Never cared much for Cuiron.
                              lavender menace

Comment

• BrianK
                                • Jan 2013

Recently purchased Cedrat Bois Mancera and it smells heavenly.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎