Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Law
    • Dec 2013

Isn't Christopher Sheldrake working exclusively for Chanel now though?

Comment

• Shifts
      • Jul 2013

No, he is still the perfumer behind recent Lutens', so not exclusively at Chanel.

Comment

• newp
        • Feb 2013

HL perfumes are available at London flagship store. Bought Cuiron for 120 pounds a bottle: sadly, I don't have any experience with original one but I am pretty much happy with this one.

Comment

• jogu
          • Jun 2009

ive been wearing l'orpheline the past week , deciding if i like it enough to buy a bottle . mbd was generous and gave me a lil decant of it and initially i thought it was just ok but after wearin it for a few days its grown on me . i like it alot more now
          Last edited by jogu; 11-01-2014, 06:00 PM.

Comment

• wurm
            • Nov 2010

I really like Ouarzazate but am out. Any recommendations for something that's not too expensive (e.g. not $80 for 50ml)? Also a fan of Vettiveru in spring/summer.
            Last edited by wurm; 11-02-2014, 01:58 AM.

Comment

• hurricane08
              • Nov 2008

So, how much is the distance between the new and the old cuiron? I've read several comments of disappointments here and there, but i doubt a bit . Is it like comparing the LBO from 2009 and the hammered lamb with the current leathers sewn in Moldova?

Recently i tried a nice all day perfume in Antonioli from Escentric molecules. I think it was the es O2 on the clear/orange bottle . I really liked the way it lasted on my hand

Comment

• Shucks
                • Aug 2010

Originally posted by hurricane08 View Post
                So, how much is the distance between the new and the old cuiron? I've read several comments of disappointments here and there, but i doubt a bit . Is it like comparing the LBO from 2009 and the hammered lamb with the current leathers sewn in Moldova?

Recently i tried a nice all day perfume in Antonioli from Escentric molecules. I think it was the es O2 on the clear/orange bottle . I really liked the way it lasted on my hand

fyi there are some fucking awesome leathers this season, made in italy. (unless of course it's false information on the label...)

Comment

• hurricane08
                  • Nov 2008

I don't disagree about some of the current season's leathers or last season glasgow(even vicious imo was one of the best ss collections after stag and a couple more ), but there are some obvious differences from the past. Anyway, this wasn't what i was asking and i'm getting off topic. Hope i wasn't misunderstood.

Comment

• 550BC
                    • Jan 2013

I recommend Nico Uytterhaegen's 'NONONSENSE' perfumes. I got number 5. I stopped using Wonderwood since I got this one

*edit: like he explained to me himself, it's attracts the right people and keeps the bullshit people far away from you
                    Last edited by 550BC; 11-02-2014, 02:35 PM.
                    a fish out of water dies

Comment

• Dane
                      HAMMERTIME
                      • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Law View Post
                      Isn't Christopher Sheldrake working exclusively for Chanel now though?
                      Originally posted by Shifts View Post
                      No, he is still the perfumer behind recent Lutens', so not exclusively at Chanel.
                      Jacques Polge is still the official perfumer for Chanel I believe. Sheldrake has some sort of arrangement where he works for both (although more for Chanel as far as the press is concerned).
                      i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Dane
                        HAMMERTIME
                        • Feb 2011

Originally posted by jogu View Post
                        ive been wearing l'orpheline the past week , deciding if i like it enough to buy a bottle . mbd was generous and gave me a lil decant of it and initially i thought it was just ok but after wearin it for a few days its grown on me . i like it alot more now
                        I bought a bottle. It has an interesting earthy patchouli note after an hour or so before the incense really kicks in. I also love the icy opening (borrowed from L'Eau Froide, which I wanted to love but couldn't stomach the laundry-ish drydown).
                        i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Shifts
                          • Jul 2013

Originally posted by Dane View Post
                          Jacques Polge is still the official perfumer for Chanel I believe. Sheldrake has some sort of arrangement where he works for both (although more for Chanel as far as the press is concerned).
                          Yes, as far as I know Polge is still their nose, although a bunch of fragrances in the Les Exclusifs collection has been developed together with Sheldrake. According to some websites Sheldrake works at Chanel as Director of Research & Development for fragrance which makes sense I guess.

Comment

• Dane
                            HAMMERTIME
                            • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Shifts View Post
                            Yes, as far as I know Polge is still their nose, although a bunch of fragrances in the Les Exclusifs collection has been developed together with Sheldrake. According to some websites Sheldrake works at Chanel as Director of Research & Development for fragrance which makes sense I guess.
                            Exactly. I know he did some video shorts for No. 19 Poudre talking about iris.

As long as he keeps his side job at Lutens, I'm a happy camper.

FYI - I created a modest little reddit for Lutens appreciation. It's not much, just some links to articles/videos/reviews. Feel free to check it out reddit.com/r/sergelutens.

Comment

• Dane
                              HAMMERTIME
                              • Feb 2011

Also - interested in anyone has smelled L'Incendiaire? I know it's $600, but still interested in opinions.

Comment

• Verdandi
                                • Mar 2012

I was mentioned a couple of pages back before the Helmut Lang talk.

I bought a bottle and I do think it is lovely. I am a sucker for smoky fragrances so this is right up my alley. It also happens to be one of the very few western oud fragrances I like. While in my opinion this isn't a groundbreaking perfume it is extremely well done and I love that it is more in line with what I consider a proper Lutens. It reminds me of Serge Noire, but less complex, more medicnal (must be the oud) and without the clove. I also like that it stays 'close' to the skin is not one of those fragrances that announce your presence a minute before you enter a room.

I read somewhere that there will be another pure perfume to follow soon and that there will be a whole line made out of 'precious materials'. If he's doing that he may as well bring the original FdB back (in perfume concentration pretty please); I'm not too fond of the re-release myself, but the Shiseido one is right up there with L'heure bleue and Iris Silver Mist for me. It's so gorgeous.
                                Last edited by Verdandi; 11-04-2014, 11:22 AM.
                                lavender menace

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎