Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • qcqc
    • Oct 2012

where can I buy HL Cuiron in Europe online?

Comment

• hurricane08
      • Nov 2008

Nowhere. I bought it from luckyscent on 23/12 with usps priority and going to receive it tomorrow or the day after tomorrow. Super speedy delivery and very friendly service until now.

Comment

• Scander
        • Jul 2013

Anybody who has smelled the Orto Parisi project? From Alessandro Gualtieri, the nose behind Nasomatto.

Comment

• bukka
          • Sep 2011

Hello experts,

I received this candle some time ago and I'm in love with its smell:

Does anyone here know what fragrance would be similar to this? I don't even know if it's possible to answer this question as I really have no clue about the fragrances universe. If it's an dumb question, please just ignore it
          Thank you!
          Eternity is in love with the productions of time

Comment

• resolution653
            • Nov 2013

Looking at the notes listed (plum, leather, vanilla) I think of Ombre Indigo. On me its mainly a leather scent with slight plum. I can't say how similar if at all without having tried the candle but just going by notes and what came to mind it may be... it's at least worth a sample regardless.

Comment

• Law
              • Dec 2013

Originally posted by bukka View Post
              Hello experts,

I received this candle some time ago and I'm in love with its smell:

Does anyone here know what fragrance would be similar to this? I don't even know if it's possible to answer this question as I really have no clue about the fragrances universe. If it's an dumb question, please just ignore it
              Thank you!
              Try Dia Man by Amouage.

Comment

• bukka
                • Sep 2011

Thank you guys! Any other suggestions are welcomed
                Last edited by bukka; 01-05-2015, 01:48 AM.
                Eternity is in love with the productions of time

Comment

• hurricane08
                  • Nov 2008

I received last week the new HL Cuiron and compared it side by side with a sample of the old one.They smell exactly the same ,but the old one is really strong ,i almost had a headache and imagine it was a sample vs a bottle comparison.I know there are people who would still prefer the first Cuiron,but i'll go with the minority and choose this year release,i'm not a fan of really strong fragrances. Also ,from this week is availiable online in Europe at Corso Como store .
                  Last edited by hurricane08; 01-09-2015, 07:56 AM.

Comment

• qcqc
                    • Oct 2012

/\ thanks for the tip on the Europe store

Comment

• darkbydesign
                      • Sep 2010

It's been a few months since I've gotten anything new, but picked up a couple things this week that I absolutely love.

1. Sadanne from Slumberhouse.

This is one of the most obvious sounding fragrances that ends up being extremely unique and amazing. It's got all kinds of fruity and floral stuff in there (have no idea what since he never lists ingredients) but balanced with earthy and green ingredients as well as the standard Slumberhouse resiny tone. What makes this pretty damn cool is the fact that I swear it changes like every 30 minutes on me. I don't think I've ever had a fragrance do that more than once or twice throughout wearing it, but Sadanne wears differently through the day. Strawberries, florals, then green grimey dirty roots. And at some point it smells like some kind of combination of gummy worms or dum dums or maybe it's powdered fruit drink mixed with something a little smokey-er. Weird shit, but really good and nowhere near as cheesy as all this probably sounds.

2. Copal Azur by Aedes de Venustas

Briney/Salty driven scent that somehow still feels wintery. I like this release as much as the original Rhubarb scent they made. (Didn't really like the two in between) This one is awesome though. I get a lot of salty notes, cardamom and incense / labdanum in there. It's like merging Heeley's Sel Marin with Cardinal maybe? Anyway, I like this and the longevity is good too. It was made by Bertrand Duchafour who has made similar scents for CdG like Avignon, but this one is unique because of the mixture of the marine scents with incense. Pretty cool.

3. Indica candle by Aedes de Venustas

Love this candle. It's like the rhubarb fragrance from their original scent but as if you took some ghanja and added it to the mix. Pretty sick combination that definitely makes the home smell amazing. I think a lot of people on here would like this one.

Comment

• profondo nero
                        • Aug 2012

Originally posted by darkbydesign View Post
                        It's been a few months since I've gotten anything new, but picked up a couple things this week that I absolutely love.

1. Sadanne from Slumberhouse.
                        Yess..

I am enthralled by Josh Lobb's Norne and Sadanne myself,
                        since last couple of months I've been literally showering with it..
                        It's good to see Slumberhouse getting recognition, as it definitely deserves it.

Comment

• Scander
                          • Jul 2013

Smoke by Goti is good.

Comment

• Bleu1950
                            • Jan 2013

does anyone have any experience in making their own prefume? will be taking a course soon just to learn about prefume and how they make it. not going to start my own brand or anything but if i can get the smell i rrally like, that will be a dream

Comment

• Shifts
                              • Jul 2013

fit magna caedes: I have lived with numerous samples of both. Back home in Sweden I still have some, unfortunately none where I am right now. Too bad, because I could have sent you some.

I don't want to go too much in depth describing them, it has been too long since I last wore any of them. But Lonestar is birch tar heavy with mint on top. L'air du Desert Marocain I can't even recall properly, I mix it up in my head with Le Maroc pour Elle, so I will skip it entirely.

To conclude something about Tauer's fragrances, I guess I can say that how much I want to love them, I can't. There is something in the base notes, one accord which he almost always uses, which makes me a bit nauseous every time. For sure you need to order samples of these ones, instead of doing a blind buy.

Comment

• Shifts
                                • Jul 2013

Quite prominent in the opening and beginning of the dry down, but lucklily it tones down. Lonestar is probably the fragrance by Tauer (out of the ones I have tried, haven't kept up with his releases in the last few years) I find most wearable. Rugged as hell.

He made a small limited release called Orris, which was lots if iris, birch tar and some really damp roses which I actually liked a lot. Didn't manage to get a hold of a bottle though.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎