X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blacksuit
    Banned
    • Dec 2008

wow is there not fake? I really want Creed. really cheap in there!!
    Thanks a lot Faust!

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

I can't vouch for them, but I don't think these are fake. Creed good is.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• theetruscan
        • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
        I can't vouch for them, but I don't think these are fake. Creed good is.
        Creed overrated is.
        Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by theetruscan View Post
          Creed overrated is.
          Unpossible. Best Creed is.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• reborn
            • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
            Unpossible. Best Creed is.

Comment

• rogelro
              • Mar 2008

Originally posted by mamaboy View Post
              number 6 in "six sents"---im totally obssessed by it....good shit for a good price......all french in me...
              #4 imo

Comment

• xcoldricex
                • Sep 2006

went to the ormonde jayne perfumery while i was in london... ended with a woman's fragrance, orris noir. enjoyed the men's fragrances - i got some samples - need to try those for longer. then i got tom ford's black orchid at duty free with my left over cash, but maybe they're too similar.

also mad i didn't pick up a bottle of palisander and 8 88 from DSM in hindsight. smelled the monocle scent briefly and liked it, would have to get a decant and try it out for awhile though.
                Last edited by xcoldricex; 01-09-2009, 07:40 PM.

Comment

• tangerine
                  • Dec 2006

^ I hope you got a sample of Zizan at OJ, I really like that one.
                  the woman Balmain is wild, casual, explosive cocktail of a sailor and a ballerina

Comment

• xcoldricex
                    • Sep 2006

hey tang! yeah, i was contemplating on getting a bottle... but i hadn't smelled fragrances in a long time and i thought it might not be as unique since it had a strong lime note...

then i went back and smelled eau sauvage at the duty free and kicked myself (yeah, it has a lemon note and not lime - my memory is failing me these days). i do need a fresh scent though, i always seem to buy orientals and other warm scents all the time.

Comment

• tangerine
                      • Dec 2006

I have the same bias towards warm/oriental scents, and what I like about Zizan is that after the opening lime and pepper, it turns into the warmest vetiver I've ever smelled... the bay and cedar really heat it up. I am trying not to buy bottles any more but this one is tempting me.
                      the woman Balmain is wild, casual, explosive cocktail of a sailor and a ballerina

Comment

• Servo2000
                        • Oct 2006

I've liked Comme Des Garcons 2 for a while and finally picked up some - a thing of Comme des Garcons Man 2 is available on sale at that website. I haven't smelled Man 2 - worth picking up if I like the normal "2" as it were?

Also, how do you guys apply your scents? I've always just done what my girlfriend told me to do and sprayed it on my wrists / done the rubbing thing or whatever but someone was telling me the other day that's "incorrect." As it were.
                        WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• casem
                          • Sep 2006

I can't remember which I got a sample of cdg 2 or cdg man 2 (i think it's man), but it is super intense. Heavy pungent smoke with some rubber and other odd notes, as it calms down it's better but I've gone back and smelled the jacket I was wearing when I tested it and it still makes my nose pucker.

I've heard from fragrance connoiseurs you shouldn't do the rub because it breaks up the scent particles in an undesirealble way. Sounds super anal to me, but whatev. I usually just spray around my neck where one may get a whiff if coming in for a kiss . I also love how clothes smell the day after I got some fragrance on them so sometimes I'll give a coat or shirt a little spray.

On another note, odeur 53 certainly is a strange beast. When I first tried it there was a very enticing sweet smell that could almost be sickly sweet. I sprayed some on again today and all I could smell this time was rubber for hours. It's very addictive to keep smelling as it changes which is why I want to buy a bottle, but still maybe a little weird for everyday which is why I'm looking for a deal.

Has anyone else tried other CDG Red series fragrances? I'm quite taken with palisander but it's the only one I've tried. My only complaint is for an expensive fragrance, after it sits for a few hours the smell isn't too far off from cedar. I like the smell of cedar, but I could buy a $1 cedar block if that's all I wanted.
                          music

Comment

• xcoldricex
                            • Sep 2006

cdg 2 man is a peppery scent while cdg 2 is more of a synthetic scent iirc.

Comment

• reborn
                              • Aug 2008

Casem83

Palisander is awesome. Harissa (also red series) is also worth a shot.

Comment

• xcoldricex
                                • Sep 2006

how much is it stateside? it was 55 pounds for a 3.4oz iirc, so it was quite affordable considering the current exchange rate. i need to re-up or buy a bottle (do they come in 1.7?)

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎