X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • endersgame
    • Aug 2009

Originally posted by The Baron View Post

Comme des Garcons Calamus (Series 1: Leaves) - It's the sap of green wood and the milk of broken dandelion stems. It's
    the smell of those green grass stains that were always dappled on your
    jeans as a kid. It will take you back to a time when the borders
    between indoors and outdoors were more permeable, when you played with
    utter abandon and watched the ground for crickets and ant lions. It's
    the spirit of youth and the spirit of creation...you feel like a 10-year-old with a very old soul.

this is an excellent fragrance for the summer. it's low impact and it won't make you smell like you're wearing stink water all day. sort of stays in the background and backs you up when you get sweaty. because it's weak, you may need to hit it 2x a day.

smells like wheatgrass, young wood, and sweet cream.

Comment

• rogelro
      • Mar 2008

Originally posted by endersgame View Post
      this is an excellent fragrance for the summer. it's low impact and it won't make you smell like you're wearing stink water all day. sort of stays in the background and backs you up when you get sweaty. because it's weak, you may need to hit it 2x a day.

smells like wheatgrass, young wood, and sweet cream.
      I like wearing diptyque philosykos in the summer, never tried any of the series 1 but calamus sounds like something I might like

As for Yann Vasnier only scent I tried from him was Divine's L'etre Aime Homme and I loved it going to get a full bottle of it soon. Will def. check out Scent no.2

Also I have a bottle of No.4 from Series One up for sale if anyone is interested. Its the Gareth Pugh/Emilie Copperman one. PM me for more info.

Comment

• casem
        • Sep 2006

Anybody try this yet?

Sounds enticing to me, I love my Eau Noir.
        music

Comment

• JetLag
          • Jul 2008

Too strong and sweet for me. Nothing in common with the three others.
          Originally posted by danman
          If I could meet you in person I'd fuck you up and steal your PH you bitch. Fuck you and your site

Comment

• Castor
            • Nov 2009

Yann Vasnier also created Series 2: Rose and Palisander for CdG. Love both.
            Originally posted by DRRRK
            The bridge from Dior to CCP being Rick Owens.

Comment

• todestrieb
              • Mar 2009

What's everybody's favourite "your skin, but better" scent?
              These two are topping it for me. Silver Musk is particularly amazing.

Comment

• Castor
                • Nov 2009

Sienne l'Hiver by Eau d'Italie, perfumer Bertrand Duchaufour.

from luckyscent.com:

Winter in Siena. The tourists are away and a hushed stroll through the medieval buildings lets you travel through time. This is a quiet fragrance, full of smoke and whispers and solitude. It invites you to listen to your deepest thoughts – the ones that get lost in the hubbub of everyday life. It opens with fresh, torn leaves – so green and vivid you can smell the sap. The last stragglers of fall crushed beneath your feet as you head down a path away from the world on that late November moment when you realize that Fall has officially crossed into winter. The subtle sweetness of roasted chestnuts intertwines with cool, misty iris root and the aching scent of wood smoke. There are hints of white truffle and black olive. Clean and earthy and close to the skin, this is not designed to entice or bedazzle, but to lead you into deep conversations over an espresso with a long-lost friend. Comforting and contemplative.

Sienne l’Hiver Notes:
                Violet leaf, geranium, black olive, white truffle, smoke, woods, coal roasted chestnuts, Autumn leaves, French straw, iris root, and white musk

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

There are way too many perfumes out there. That is all.
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Castor
                    • Nov 2009

^^^^Couldn't agree more.

But the noses to watch are:

Bertrand Duchaufour
                    Mark Buxton
                    Yann Vasnier
                    Francis Kurkdjian
                    Olivia Giacobetti
                    Jean-Claude Ellena

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

I don't wear cologne too much. I have six, some stuff from 10 years ago.
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• casem
                        • Sep 2006

Old school, but I love this for summer. I bought a bottle ages ago which I recently finished. I was happy to find it can be had now for quite cheap online so ordered another for the summer. Fresh and floral with a spiciness that mellows over time.
                        music

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

damn, casey, i wish you'd post beforehand - i would've sold you my 95% unused bottle. i liked it when i bought it, but now i find it too strong off the bat.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• casem
                            • Sep 2006

Doh! It is a bit strong at first spray, just put it on straight outta the shower so it has time to wear down before you go out in public. It's a great smell for when it's hot and you feel gross, the floral/spicy freshness will make you feel clean again!

For me it's one of those fragrances with a history, the first bottle I bought was in NYC one of the first times I visited. So whenever I wear it I'm brought back good memories of sweaty new york summers (something I should be experiencing again very soon *fingers crossed* but I don't want to jinx it by saying too much yet).

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                            damn, casey, i wish you'd post beforehand - i would've sold you my 95% unused bottle. i liked it when i bought it, but now i find it too strong off the bat.
                            music

Comment

• jogu
                              • Jun 2009

i kiiiinda like that particular jil frag also , bought it , wore it like.. mmm 3 times . at 1st it was like hmmm ya this smells nice but my only prob with it is the scent doesnt evolve it just stays the same all day . hours later i smell myself and its like "god this shit smells just like it did this morning " . now that mite not be a bad thing and i certainly dont always want my frags to be complex and changey throughout the day but this one has somethin that smells annoyin after a while and its that note that bugs me cos it doesnt stop .

last time i wore this i actually ended up washin it off in some public bathroom :(

Comment

• todestrieb
                                • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Castor View Post
                                Jean-Claude Ellena
                                Still the go to man for barely-there sheer "haiku" scents.
                                Different Company's Bergamote was a perennial favourite not too long ago. And of course, Un Jardin sur le Nil . I absolutely despise summer, but being able to cloak oneself in the scent made sweltering weather a far more bearable experience than I could've imagined.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎