X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Don't fret, MBD, they were out of only one fragrance, guess which one. My Jewish luck.

I tried a bunch of SL to kill time - still don't like them.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Dane
      HAMMERTIME
      • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Faust View Post
      Don't fret, MBD, they were out of only one fragrance, guess which one. My Jewish luck.

Did you try Vetiver Oriental? Most of them in the square bottles are too much...Arabie, Ambre Sultan, etc. Very heavy & "thick". I like the demure ones.
      i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• t-bone
        • Dec 2009

Of course I got sick the last few days here and so even though I spent an hour in SL, came away with nothing for myself since I could barely smell anything.

I did end up with a bottle of Dzing! from L'Artisan though. Smells so damn weird from the bottle but it's really pretty mellow on the skin.

Comment

• Dane
          HAMMERTIME
          • Feb 2011

Originally posted by t-bone View Post
          Of course I got sick the last few days here and so even though I spent an hour in SL, came away with nothing for myself since I could barely smell anything.

I did end up with a bottle of Dzing! from L'Artisan though. Smells so damn weird from the bottle but it's really pretty mellow on the skin.
          Doh, that sucks. Dzing is excellent though...some smell vanilla...others cardboard, leather, elephant, cotton candy, etc. It smells like hay to me.
          i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• t-bone
            • Dec 2009

I was definitely getting all hay and horse blanket from the sample jar in the store, but after 30 minutes on the skin there was more sweetness and spice under the hay notes.

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Dane View Post
              Did you try Vetiver Oriental? Most of them in the square bottles are too much...Arabie, Ambre Sultan, etc. Very heavy & "thick". I like the demure ones.
              All they had were square - and they exactly were "too much"
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Atom
                • Sep 2009

Do you ever mix different scents? Today, partly by accident, I'm wearing CdG Kyoto & Hinoki together, and so far I'm loving it.

Must investigate more.

Comment

• Dane
                  HAMMERTIME
                  • Feb 2011

Originally posted by t-bone View Post
                  I was definitely getting all hay and horse blanket from the sample jar in the store, but after 30 minutes on the skin there was more sweetness and spice under the hay notes.
                  It's quite complex, considering the brand and the perfumer, who typically produce rather simple scents.

All they had were square - and they exactly were "too much"
                  He does make quite a few that are softer, but you'd have to know what to look for...the tray of 30 bottles can be a bit much.

Originally posted by Atom View Post
                  Do you ever mix different scents? Today, partly by accident, I'm wearing CdG Kyoto & Hinoki together, and so far I'm loving it.

Must investigate more.
                  My philosophy is, if a scent requires another scent to make it wearable, neither of these scents is worth buying. However, if you enjoy wearing them individually, and splashing them on top of each other now and then floats your boat, then why not.

Comment

• Atom
                    • Sep 2009

My philosophy is, if a scent requires another scent to make it wearable, neither of these scents is worth buying. However, if you enjoy wearing them individually, and splashing them on top of each other now and then floats your boat, then why not.
                    Yeah, usually I would agree. However, I liked this combo too much not to keep experimenting.

Anybody else?

Comment

• Dane
                      HAMMERTIME
                      • Feb 2011

^ by all means, have fun with it! I'm just a bit of a purist, I don't like to mess with people's art.

Comment

• MetroBulotDodo
                        • Oct 2010

E, look on the bright side! Were you the schlemiel, you'd likely have broken the bottle and somehow ended up owing Duty Free/Robert Miller 50 Euro for the no longer existing bottle of Mechant Loup. It was better that you were the schlemazel in this case!

I have diagnosed your SL problem E: you are not being demonstrated the proper blends. I had many samples; I wore them; I didn't understand. Finally, the right person - a true professional, obvs - took one look at me, sized me up and determined that I should smell one particular blend, which he sprayed on a third person, whom I duly sniffed.

The chemistry + the blend + the person = I got the vapors, and I hope he got a raise.

MBD

p.s. word on the street is that a certain MBD is being sent a nice box of things from SL corporate that she may kindly pass on to a few schlemazel friends, along with better advice.
                        "To articulate what is past does not mean to recognize 'how it really was.'
                        It means to take control of a memory, as it flashes in a moment of danger."

-Walter Benjamin. Thesis VI, Theses on the Philosophy of History
                        My rarities and quotidian garments for sale thread. My tumblr and eBay page.

Comment

• Ivans On High
                          Banned
                          • Oct 2008

I have a sample of Dzing and am really enjoying it. I was like you t-bone, thought it smelled rough from the sample but on the skin it smells wonderful.

I opted to pass on any SL fragrances this time but am still considering Vetiver Oriental and Chene. I was worried the vetiver would be too similar to some of my current fragrances, but now that I am home I know otherwise... guess I have to wait 6 months now.

I also think that Silver Iris Mist will make an amazing gift. A beautiful perfume.

I did pick up two PG scents from Sens Unique: Querelle and L'eau Guerriere both of which I am extremely happy with.

Comment

• Atom
                            • Sep 2009

^ by all means, have fun with it! I'm just a bit of a purist, I don't like to mess with people's art.
                            Yeah, I hear you.

BTW thanks for recommending me Skarb some time ago. I ordered a sample and I'm loving it. Might go for a bottle next time.

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Dane, what's your opinion on Esteban?

MBD, careful with the nuances of Yiddish slang :-)

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Dane
                                HAMMERTIME
                                • Feb 2011

Dane, what's your opinion on Esteban?

MBD, careful with the nuances of Yiddish slang :-)
                                Meh...they're okay, but released too many of them instead of perfecting just one.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎