• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dane
    HAMMERTIME
    • Feb 2011

Originally posted by blacktulip View Post
    Back on topic: what happened to the RO scent?
    I would also like to know this...
    i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• olethomas
      • Dec 2010

if there was anyone here ordering the SOME/THINGS magazine there would be 1 of 5 kinds of cashmere with the scent of the RO perfume wrapped around each issue.. but it would be a lot easier just to potentially buy the perfume. hasn't there been something out in the RO stores for some time for customers to just try smelling, or am i wrong?

Comment

• several_girls
        • Nov 2010

Once again I seek the knowledge and expertise of the SZ community.

I've recently tried Andy Tauer's Lonestar Memories, and I'm rather taken by it. I love reading the reviews, as they are quite polarized. I'm just going to throw out some words for free-association, and maybe someone will have some fragrances to recommend?

This is what I am enjoying about it, or would enjoy in other scents: tar, rubber, smoke, creosote, medicinal, turpentine, or varnish.

Comment

• frank1987
          • Jun 2012

comme des garcons

i just love the unisex fragrances of comme des garcons. specially the incens inspired collection. they are so unique...

Comment

• Dane
            HAMMERTIME
            • Feb 2011

Originally posted by several_girls View Post
            Once again I seek the knowledge and expertise of the SZ community.

I've recently tried Andy Tauer's Lonestar Memories, and I'm rather taken by it. I love reading the reviews, as they are quite polarized. I'm just going to throw out some words for free-association, and maybe someone will have some fragrances to recommend?

This is what I am enjoying about it, or would enjoy in other scents: tar, rubber, smoke, creosote, medicinal, turpentine, or varnish.
            -Le Labo Patchouli 24 (doesn't smell like patchouli...smokey, peculiar, a bit sweaty even).
            -Bvlgari Black (rubber/vanilla)
            -Santa Maria Novella Nostalgia (more rubber/tar)
            -Tar or Garage from CDG Synthetic Series
            -Les Parfums de Rosine Rose Flamenca (turpentine/rose)
            -Serge Lutens Tubereuse Criminelle (camphor/gasoline/tuberose)
            i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• jogu
              • Jun 2009

i just got the " boston tea party " candle from modern alchemy , im hooked . am wantin to get the rest in the history line but a bunch of em have been on backorder forever . love the color and the etched picture on the glass jar also

Comment

• Skye X
                • Oct 2010

I just got samples of the CdG Play series Green and Black. I've been mixing them. It's now my go-to, along with Blood Concepts O (depending on my mood).

Comment

• jogu
                  • Jun 2009

im kinda obsessed w/ candles lately , i kno theyre overpriced but rite now its a fun hobby for me . some of them have really nice glass vessels and i like watchin them burn when im chillin in my room , and the smell too .
                  anyone (dane?) have lots of exp w/ higher end candles ? i dont mean yankee candle bullshet . im gonna check out the cire trudon ones at barneys soon . some of the sa's there also showed me the fred malle ones which were pretty nice but none of em excited me . i have a few artisan ones which so far have been rly good in both creative smells ( not generic stuff named ' holiday wreath ' or ' lavender meadows ") and good sillage . got the modern alchemy one which i love alot . for me the scent is 1st priority but i also like nice vessels . i like keepin them on my desk . oh i almost forgot i wanna check out the odin ones , i love the dark glass jars and solid metal lids on them but i havent had a chance to smell any of em yet

Comment

• mrbeuys
                    • May 2008

Originally posted by Dane View Post
                    I would also like to know this...
                    I think if you ask nicely in a store, they may be able to let you smell it... it was / is diffused in all stores afaik.
                    Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• Pumpfish
                      • Sep 2010

Still on the hunt for a great vetiver.

Giving up on Malle. Nice kick off, but it fades to nout.

I've gone through all the obvious ones......
                      spinning glue back into horses. . .

Comment

• Dane
                        HAMMERTIME
                        • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Pumpfish View Post
                        Still on the hunt for a great vetiver.

Giving up on Malle. Nice kick off, but it fades to nout.

I've gone through all the obvious ones......
                        I assumed you've tried Sycamore by Chanel then? My personal fav....smokey, sandalwood-vetiver.

Other favs - CDG Vettiveru, Racine by Maitre Parfumeur (both citrus-y vetivers); KenzoAir (licorice vetiver); and Sel de Vetiver by The Different Company (salty, iris-vetiver).

Comment

• Pumpfish
                          • Sep 2010

Thanks Dane. As in most things, if it isn't in the name, my linear mind has tended to miss it!

I will work through your list!

Cheers
                          spinning glue back into horses. . .

Comment

• Dane
                            HAMMERTIME
                            • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Pumpfish View Post
                            As in most things, if it isn't in the name, my linear mind has tended to miss it!
                            That's what I'm here for!

Comment

• teeteet
                              • Dec 2009

Anybody tried the scents from Nico Uytterhaegen? Looks promising with the leather pouches etc but no way of trying it... seen em on Layers London web. Anyone?

Comment

• the breaks
                                • Sep 2007

Sycomore is wonderful. I love vetivers and it's my absolute favourite.
                                Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎