X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jogu
    • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Dane View Post
    Look no further than Lutens if extravagent/opulent is what you want.
    i really love his stuff , his bottles are some of my top favs too , these beautiful long thin glass rectangles w a long cap or a small one if u wanna do it splash style without the atomizer .
    i just got home from saks and the bond no9 girl gave me a shitload of bon bon samples , sat on the bus and unwrapped them all to smell them which was pretty fun lol , but most were just decent , some i thought were boring as hell , but one in particular drove me crazy and i kinda love it . smells salty and sweet and oceany , i dont like aquatics but am loving this one alot

Comment

• Dane
      HAMMERTIME
      • Feb 2011

Which one?? I can only stomach Chinatown, and maybe Great Jones.
      i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• jogu
        • Jun 2009

ah shit forgot to mention the name , its hampton's . i dont kno why i like it as much as i do , i think cos its not really like ... am tryin to think of descriptives ,its oceany but i dont find it to be in the aquatic category which i dont like . its lil bit sweet and woodsy and floral but to me it really does smell like salty sea air as opposed to the water itself , and the sweetness is like iced tea , and theres this tart kinda zingy quality to it like limes but its not like a beach at all . just salty ocean air , sweetened ice tea , some woods and a small handful of flowers . idk i really like it so far out of all the ones i tried

Comment

• Dane
          HAMMERTIME
          • Feb 2011

Is that the one that smells like Silver Mountain Water?

The have too many fucking perfumes. That line needs a serious edit.
          i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Castor
            • Nov 2009

I used to "love" Silver Mountain Water, but I couldn't afford it at the time, thankfully.

I'm dying to try L'Etrog by Arquiste after Chandler Burr's gushing review.
            Originally posted by DRRRK
            The bridge from Dior to CCP being Rick Owens.

Comment

• Dane
              HAMMERTIME
              • Feb 2011

Doh...I saw that today and didn't bother trying it.

Comment

• redmalva
                • Oct 2006

new scent

Looking to try something new for spring; some of my past favourites include:

Diptyque Dolente
                Diptyque Eau Rose
                Byredo Pulp
                Byredo Blanche
                Yosh U4EAHH!
                Yosh Whiteflowers
                Heeley Ophelia

As you guess, I tend towards the citrus or white florals. I am feeling tea scents at the moment too...

any recommendations?
                Last edited by redmalva; 01-05-2013, 08:00 AM. Reason: adding text

Comment

• darkbydesign
                  • Sep 2010

^^Ophelia is a great scent.

Try Dominique Ropion's Portait of a Lady mixed with CdG Red Series: Harissa to add some peppery undertones. Nice combo.

Comment

• Dane
                    HAMMERTIME
                    • Feb 2011

...cdg's Rose might also be of interest. Parfums de Nicolai has a few white florals in their line that are quite good...Le Temps d'Une Fete being one.

Comment

• Jan 2011

I need some more innocuous 'clean' scents for work. I just purchased some more Aventus the other day, but I could use another stand by. I've been through L'eau, L'eau Froide, Neroli Portofino and Millisime Imperial. Not a bond fan and I generally avoid the run-of-the-mill stuff. I'm in the gym a lot so I prefer to avoid the heavier scents as they become cloying.

On a seperate note - does anyone know if the Boris Bijan Saberi six scents has come out yet? I've been curious about it, but if it's like the rest of the series it will probably be pretty lackluster.

Comment

• darkbydesign
                        • Sep 2010

^^Frederic Malle/Ropion - Geranium pour Monsieur and James Heeley - Menthe Fraiche are both clean, pure scents that aren't overbearing.

Comment

• coccodrillo
                          • Nov 2009

Originally posted by redmalva View Post
                          As you guess, I tend towards the citrus or white florals. I am feeling tea scents at the moment too...

any recommendations?
                          L'Artisan Parfumeur's The Pour un Ete - has jasmine, green teas as well as citrus.

Another option from them is Fleur de Liane.

Some complain about a lack of longevity with this line but I have never had a problem

Comment

• coccodrillo
                            • Nov 2009

Agonist fragrances

I been meaning to ask if anyone has tried this line and what your impressions are. Saw it on Luckyscent - am personally looking for a juicy incense scent - a drier version of Caron's Parfum Sacre - but not as dry as Tauers L'air du Desert Marocain - which I already have.

Appreciate any suggestions

Comment

• Castor
                              • Nov 2009

My favorite of the Comme des Garcons incense series in Kyoto. Bone dry. You may also like Timbuktu from L'artisan, which is not exactly an incense, but it has similar qualities.
                              Originally posted by DRRRK
                              The bridge from Dior to CCP being Rick Owens.

Comment

• Dane
                                HAMMERTIME
                                • Feb 2011

If you're okay with something "all natural" (read: aveda-esque), Aesop's Mystra is a beautiful incense. Otherwise, the only incense that's ever really struck my fancy is Amouage's Jubilation XXV. Very pricey though.

Castor's suggestion to smell the CDG incense line is a good place to start.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎