• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LanceP
    • Oct 2006

Re: raf simons on seven's website

[quote user="dontbecruel"]

Thanks for the replies everyone. I sneaked out of the house to the Harrods sale today (hell on earth!) and found both the shawl coat and the puffer/overcoat double coat in my size, at 75% off. It was like stepping into a dream. It turned out that the puffer coat looked a million times better on me. And it's so practical; I like both layers separately as well as combining them both ways round. My FW06 Raf coat saga is finally over. I lusted after the shawl coat, bought that double-layer tailcoat, never wore it, sold it on, lusted after the shawl coat some more and then ended up buying this. For £300.

[/quote]

How much was the shawl coat at 75% off?

Comment

• dontbecruel
      • Sep 2006

It was £380 I think. But loyalty card holders got an extra 10% off today.

Comment

• darkanimal
        • Sep 2006

[quote user="dontbecruel"]

I sneaked out of the house to the Harrods sale today

[/quote]

Hahahahaha, I would sneak out from work just to go to the shops!

Comment

• dontbecruel
          • Sep 2006

Yeah but I'm guessing you don't have kids. For parents, clothes shopping on a Sunday afternoon is especially naughty!

Comment

• LanceP
            • Oct 2006

[quote user="darkanimal"][quote user="dontbecruel"]

I sneaked out of the house to the Harrods sale today

[/quote]

Hahahahaha, I would sneak out from work just to go to the shops!

[/quote]

I'd do the same haha, but there aren't as many shops here in Boston as there are in NYC. So, I'd only go to like a couple and come back within an hour or so.

Comment

• darkanimal
              • Sep 2006

This cracks me up. I would bring my own generic plastic bag, in case I find something I like, I would stash it in there. Go back to the office and make it seem like I just stepped out to take out a snack. It even helps when you work at a big ass place, based on experience, you could be gone for the whole afternoon and no one will notice.

Comment

• bakla
                • Oct 2006

[quote user="dontbecruel"]It was £380 I think. But loyalty card holders got an extra 10% off today.
                [/quote]

That's great! Fortunately, I didn't look good in the double-layered puffer/wool coat, which I eventually saw at Barneys, so I saved myself the cash. However, I haven't seen anyone who had the third coat you post above, the one where the puffer part is on the outside and the wool on the inside, but connected at the collar - was that at Harrods?

Comment

• dontbecruel
                  • Sep 2006

[quote user="bakla"]

[quote user="dontbecruel"]It was £380 I think. But loyalty card holders got an extra 10% off today.
                  [/quote]

That's great! Fortunately, I didn't look good in the double-layered puffer/wool coat, which I eventually saw at Barneys, so I saved myself the cash. However, I haven't seen anyone who had the third coat you post above, the one where the puffer part is on the outside and the wool on the inside, but connected at the collar - was that at Harrods?

[/quote]

sorry, I posted that pic without looking at it properly, thinking it was my coat with the puffer worn outside

Harrods only had my coat plus the shawl coat in 50 and 52 at 75% off. Lots of other things (blazers, pants, shirts, sweaters) at 50% off.

Comment

• deuxmille
                    • Nov 2006

Does anyone have experience with this bag? how's the leather and construction?

Comment

• bakla
                      • Oct 2006

[quote user="dontbecruel"][quote user="bakla"]

[/quote]

That's
                      great! Fortunately, I didn't look good in the double-layered
                      puffer/wool coat, which I eventually saw at Barneys, so I saved myself
                      the cash. However, I haven't seen anyone who had the third coat you
                      post above, the one where the puffer part is on the outside and the
                      wool on the inside, but connected at the collar - was that at Harrods
                      ?

[/quote]

sorry, I posted that pic without looking at it properly, thinking it was my coat with the puffer worn outside

Harrods
                      only had my coat plus the shawl coat in 50 and 52 at 75% off. Lots of
                      other things (blazers, pants, shirts, sweaters) at 50% off.

[/quote]

Thanks! Saved me a phone call.[;)]

On
                      another note, the prices at Seven aren't as low as I was originally
                      told they would be. I wouldn't blame them. I'd have cancelled my
                      order with Raf at much earlier in the season.

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

[quote user="deuxmille"]Does anyone have experience with this bag? how's the leather and construction?[/quote]

It's a very rigid leather, but I like it that way. Yay from me.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎