Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sshum88
    • Dec 2007

I don't know all the rules as to when fees are triggered when you pay but on the occasions that I have done it, I always have had to pay the fee on my end.

Originally posted by mattizzle View Post
    I never get charged with any thing when I send as gift...
    Originally posted by eat me
    If you can't see the work past the fucking taped seams , cold dye wash or raw hems - perhaps you shouldn't really be looking at all.

Comment

• mattizzle
      • Oct 2011

Originally posted by sshum88 View Post
      My belief is that the seller should have sucked it up and absorbed the 7.5 euros and then to squabble over 2 euros is absolutely ridiculous.

On a different note, not saying what others haven't already said, SMASH is a great seller!
      Why do the seller have to "suck" it up and absorb the 7.5 euros and not the buyer which he agreed to pay the full amount to the seller
      Please explain this
      Last edited by mattizzle; 10-29-2012, 01:29 PM.

Comment

• Raw
        • Oct 2009

I know the fee is very little, which is why I said it's about principles. I wouldn't care about the amount but the fact that I already paid as a gift and he still wanted me to make another payment.

Is that fair for the buyer? I mean normally the seller always takes that fee unless is was mentioned in the listing price, which isn't mentioned at all in the selling thread. I mean, I could have said sorry gift payment wasn't what we agreed on when we made the deal and he would be hit with a fee of 60 euros.

Comment

• curiouscharles
          • Jan 2008

for clarity's sake here people, if you send payment as gift to somebody, there is absolutely no way they will be hit with any fees on their end.

what might have happened here is a small fee as a result of a currency transaction on the receiving end.
          —
          -

Comment

• mattizzle
            • Oct 2011

I am not sure why you keep saying i didn't mention anything about the gift/fees
            I told you (not asked you) specifically the day before you send me payment "please send as gift/4%" didn't I?
            You accepted it by saying "I will send it as gift.

Whole point is you accepted the deal to send as gift.

If you didn't accept to pay as gift / add 4% there would never been a deal

Comment

• mattizzle
              • Oct 2011

Originally posted by curiouscharles View Post
              for clarity's sake here people, if you send payment as gift to somebody, there is absolutely no way they will be hit with any fees on their end.

what might have happened here is a small fee as a result of a currency transaction on the receiving end.
              This is the First time i have gotten a fee from a gift payment..

Comment

• Fenix
                • Aug 2010

Wow, now I can understand why RAW is so frustrated. Chill bro, it's $10 on a $4000 credit you're looking to unload. It's not like you're sucking dick for cheeseburgers.
                Originally posted by hausofblaq
                Grow up.

Comment

• mattizzle
                  • Oct 2011

Yea like i said its not about the money- L2read
                  Also I made a deal with someone else after he confirmed to pay as gift which is why I need the exact amount

Comment

• Raw
                    • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Fenix View Post
                    Wow, now I can understand why RAW is so frustrated. Chill bro, it's $10 on a $4000 credit you're looking to unload. It's not like you're sucking dick for cheeseburgers.
                    Exactly!

Curious Charles is right, there was a small fee because it was an international transfer.

Like I said, it's not about the money, I didn't expect to be asked for another payment when I already paid as a gift even though it was a last minute add on. It's like agreeing on the deal and then right before the payment, saying by the way, please pay me more than our agreed sum to cover my fees.

Im not going to argue this anymore, I mean I did pay as a gift for him already. Paying extra on top of a gift payment was never part of the deal. I just want to keep things honest as I've always considered SZ an honest community.

Comment

• Dawn
                      • Mar 2009

I once sold a leather jacket on here and last minute told the seller my currency was in CAD dollars because I forgot to specify in my thread which currency it was, which he then sent it in US dollars. That was my fault so I just sucked it up.

I think all sellers should adjust their prices accordingly taken into consideration the PP fees + shipping (unless sent internationally). I now have my prices in CAD dollars with shipping and PP fees included for a smoother transaction without any confusion.

Comment

• mattizzle
                        • Oct 2011

Its not a last minute thing.. I messaged you the day before and you said "OK I will send as gift"
                        Yes even though it is a small amount, the seller should be getting the full amount if the buyer agreed to send as gift.

I believe you didn't tick the "I will pay the fees" (If not checked, recipient pays fee) option.
                        Its not my fault you can't send it as a proper "gift" payment why should I be punished for it (afterall you agreed to send it as "gift" where no fees on either side)

So if it was such a small amount and you didn't care, why did you un-tick the box?

Dawn - If I didn't tell RAW to send it as gift/add 4% beforehand then I would accept the fault and just suck it up.

Its like saying you agreed to buy something at a store using your credit card, but your credit card charges a fee.. why would the store be responsible for your fee?
                        Last edited by mattizzle; 10-29-2012, 03:10 PM.

Comment

• Peasant
                          • Jul 2009

Once the deal was made and payment sent, that's it. If fees accrue that you didn't foresee, that's your bad. I'd never ask a buyer to send more money because I didn't know how things worked.

When it comes to currency conversion there is no "I will pay the fees" option for the payer.

Either way this is over-drawn. Seven and a half Euros? Drop in the bucket. Maintain some fucking dignity.

Comment

• mattizzle
                            • Oct 2011

wtf
                            Did you read my post?

The buyer obviously had to choice to pay the fees but he didn't.
                            A gift payment should not incur any fees at all. I have received tons of gift payment all over the word including Australia and never gotten any "unexpected fees"

Its quite simple really, if a seller ask for a gift payment and the buyer agrees, he should get the FULL amount

Again this is not about the money and I did maintain my fucking dignity, I could had taken out the missing amount from the credit transfer to RAW but I didn't because I kept onto my words

Comment

• Peasant
                              • Jul 2009

Damn.. you need to chill. If there was an option to pay or not pay the fees he should have addressed it before paying. In all honesty I can't see why he would bring up 7 euros in the first place when it's for 1600 in euro credit. Should have easily been taken care of via pm's.

Comment

• savant
                                • Jul 2011

first world problems

Send this video to someone with FWP and let them know how much we care...Special thanks to:Greg: http://www.youtube.com/slopsmcgeeDtrix: http://www.youtube.c...

by right Raw should be the one paying the fees. It's the same as adding paypal fees on top but you're not actually paying 4%, instead 7.50 EUR
                                Last edited by savant; 10-29-2012, 04:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎