Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mattizzle
    • Oct 2011

I am just pissed just because he has more posts / is a long time member here I should be the one sucking it up and be responsible for his fees?

Even offered him to just pay me half the amount because I had extra few euro in my balance but he refused to.. what else can I do if he thinks he is in the right

I would had moved on and just suck it up if I didn't arrange another deal with a member here

Lets put it like this way, if you were in the same situation as me, you would feel the same right?
    Buyer agreed to pay as gift you would expect a Full amount what you asked for but ends up you had to pay for his fees because he don't have option to send as gift properly (Which by the way he could had paid for himself).
    Last edited by mattizzle; 10-29-2012, 04:42 PM.

Comment

• Peasant
      • Jul 2009

If he had the option to pay the fee and chose not to, it's his bad. Splitting is certainly fair if neither of you expected it. Pretty hilarious that he refused to pay half.

Comment

• Raw
        • Oct 2009

Wow please remember you asked for a gift payment over a week after you agreed to 1500 without mentioning gift payment. If you want me to pay extra, how is that not like bumping up the price after initial agreement?

Comment

• mattizzle
          • Oct 2011

Hey I didn't ask you to pay extra, I asked you to pay 1500 as gift which does not incur any fees at all.
          Yes I didn't mention it earlier, but I did sent you a confirmation message and you are OK with it.

It would be fine if you told me earlier there will be a fee, I would had arranged something else with my other buyer..

How many times do I have to say this? Once you agreed to something then it is part of the deal? no?

It is your fault you can't send it as a proper gift payment which does not incurr any fees.
          Ask any seller here, what does "Please send payment as gift / add 4% fees" means to them? Means they do not want to pay any fees! Is it so hard to understand this logic?

Comment

• Fenix
            • Aug 2010

I think I actually got hit with a fee like this once from a buyer in Australia. It was something to do with cross continent bs....never happened with anyone else though.

My point, I don't think RAW was conspiring to screw you for 10 bucks.

This is starting to remind me of this Better Off Dead clip....

!!!I want my $2!!!
            Originally posted by hausofblaq
            Grow up.

Comment

• magic
              • Feb 2009

i didnt want to join in the party but since i am the buyer the the rest of Matt 1400 store credit maybe i would just share my options.

Matt, is there any address shown up on Raw payment? Or there is any statement of the fees? If yes, screen shot it and thats all you need. I used to able to send Gift payment to almost every where in the world but lately i cant anymore, even though i send as a Gift the other person will still receive 4% less. Like CuriousC had said, there are no way got charged fees sending as gift.

Sometimes its about 'give and take'. If there is a deal which buyer/seller agreed with a price and end up he/me got received less than it should, i will send the balance or he should send. Btw, I actually got less the '2euro' from the deal, but i wouldnt care at all. Not to mention my deal was 1:1 and unlike a 100euro discount Raw gets.

Also, for buyers. If you are interested on someone item and when asking for a measurements or extra photos, please kindly appriciate that and at least gives a reply. At least a thanks or sorry i will pass.

I have been received lots of these request and reply to them individually which they requested but finally i got nothing.. Not even a reply. Please remember i am not a photo taking or measuring machine on SZ.
              Focusing on object details

Comment

• beardown
                rekoner
                • Feb 2009

Just more praise for Chinolrz as a seller. Never been disappointed buying from him.
                Originally posted by mizzar
                Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• gavagai
                  • May 2010

Interesting that there is a dispute over 7.5 EURO while you both attempt to receive the benefit of paypals service without providing them their fees for said service.

Comment

• beardown
                    rekoner
                    • Feb 2009

Mattizzle,

I don't think forum seniority is the issue here in terms of support.

If I'm not mistaken, you asked for a gift payment and that's the way Raw sent it. Regardless of how money is sent, there is a fee for currency conversion between countries.

If you go to a bank to convert currency, you pay the same fee. If you do it at customs when entering a different country, there is still a fee. There's no way around it. If we're going by the book, then you would have had to post, 'Buyer will pay for any currency conversion fees' rather than simply, 'Buyer pays as a gift or adds 4%.'

Let's say he's from America and sent you cash for the full amount. You obviously need AU dollars so you're going to have to take his cash to a bank and convert USD to AU. You are still going to have to pay that fee as the person who is accepting the converted money. That's just how financial institutions work and that's how business works.

To be honest, it just seems absurd on some level...as others have mentioned...the percentage of this vs. the amount received. I don't think there is a bad person here or anyone to blame unless you want to shift that blame to the international banking system.

Like taxes, ticketmaster convenience fees, parking fees, etc. there are fees that suck but we pay regardless because we need that service. You couldn't have accepted that money in *any* way without paying a fee to exchange that currency during the transaction. How can that blame be shifted to Raw as someone accepting your offer to sell something? He did what was asked presumably (paying as gift) and there was an unforeseen, associated fee on you for accepting that payment that in no way could have been avoided.
                    Originally posted by mizzar
                    Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• Oasis
                      • Apr 2011

Who ever is missing 7.50 euros, send me your Paypal and I'll pay you it so I don't have to read any more of this shit.
                      Originally posted by christianef
                      u looks like tbone on the juice.

Comment

• theetruscan
                        • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Raw View Post
                        I would be irate in Raw's situation. The whole "You didn't cover enough of my third party fees, so I need more money" line is pathetic. Raw bought something, using a "gift" payment as a favor to the seller*. I don't care who has more posts, or is senior. Receiving a payment in the format agreed, then trying to recover your third-party transaction costs from the buyer is utter bullshit. Whether it was 3%, or 0.66%, it's still changing the terms.

This kind of thing is why I'm wary of gift payments unless I really know people. As always, beardown beat me to it and put it better...

Unrelated: droogist is a very pleasant buyer.

* it saves SELLER money and costs BUYER risk.
                        Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• wilbur
                          • Nov 2011

Originally posted by curiouscharles View Post
                          for clarity's sake here people, if you send payment as gift to somebody, there is absolutely no way they will be hit with any fees on their end.

what might have happened here is a small fee as a result of a currency transaction on the receiving end.
                          I disagree with this. I've sent large gift payments to sellers before and in my case, I was asked if I wanted to pay some fee or pass it on to the seller, I can't quite remember what it was for.

I was sending ~700 euros while the currency in my paypal was in USD, so it may have been some sort of conversion fee, but paypal already wayyy over charges the current exchange rate. Since it was such a small fee and I was taking a risk by sending gift, I decided to pass it onto the seller.

As a seller, I would not mind this fee since it is such a fractional fee compared to the usual 4%, I'd be stoked if the buyer didn't mind sending a payment of $500+ in gift form in the first place!

Comment

• mattizzle
                            • Oct 2011

theetruscan: Thing is RAW did not send it as a gift payment. He used "Payment Owed" which will then incur a fee( sender chooses who had to pay). Payment Owed and Gift payment is totally a different thing even though both is not covered by PP buyer protection.
                            List of different types of payment
                            So basically he didn't send it in a format we agreed on and he is changing the terms in the last minute

wilbur: Some of you would never noticed this because it will look just like a gift payment (no address, shipping option etc)

beardown: Currency conversion rate will always be calculated at the sender side, not the receiver.
                            Eg - If you want to send say 600 euro as gift and you have 1000USD in your PP balance, depending on the paypal exchange rate you will get deducted for whatever amount in USD. The receiver will always get the exact 600euro in his balance.

The fact is he didn't mention this to me at all, if he had told me about this earlier I would be more than happy to pay the 7.50 euro and arranged something with my other buyer.

You guys are saying he is doing me a favor? I reckon we both gained from each other. (He saved the 4% and I won't have to worry about dispute later; not saying he would do that)
                            I would never had accepted the deal if he didn't want to send it as gift or add 4%.

Maybe its partly my fault and not notice it earlier, found out about this fee when I check the details more closely after I sent off a few payments and realised I am a few euro short to complete my last transaction.

So I guess from now on we will have to be more specific?
                            "Please send as gift, payment owed (you are responsible for the fees) or add 4%"
                            Last edited by mattizzle; 10-31-2012, 12:09 AM.

Comment

• 0JSIMPS0N
                              Banned
                              • Jun 2011

reason #98334123 not to use the gift/payment option. only trouble comes of it

Comment

• Raw
                                • Oct 2009

I wasn't going to post about this anymore but I don't want to be accused of something I didn't do. Just to confirm, I did pay as a "gift payment" not payment owed. And again remember you only asked for gift payment over a week after we made the deal because I had to wait for you on the other buyers and wanting to get measurements.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎