X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • theetruscan
    • Jan 2008

Originally posted by mattizzle View Post
    theetruscan: Thing is RAW did not send it as a gift payment. He used "Payment Owed" which will then incur a fee( sender chooses who had to pay). Payment Owed and Gift payment is totally a different thing even though both is not covered by PP buyer protection.
    Got it. For what it's worth, I was charged 0.5% on the last gift payment I sent, and it was domestic. So, I think PayPal may have changed their policy on this slightly.

Also, in a gift payment, there's usually an option to have the recipient pay some fees (much less than normal paypal fees) or to pay them myself. I would never pay those in a commercial transaction. Nor do I pay a store's credit card fees, or electric bills, or rent. A gift payment is, for me, a way of reducing the overhead for someone I trust. But that's all it is. If there's a transaction cost, the seller should incorporate that.

I should note that I will not, ever, do business with people who insist I add paypal fees, so that may color my perception.
    Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• mattizzle
      • Oct 2011

Ok I was wrong and sorry I made such a fuss about it
      RAW just showed me a screenshot and he did sent it as gift.

Just don't know how it works now because I was pretty sure I didn't get the fees option when I made a payment few days ago ..

Comment

• Oasis
        • Apr 2011

Paypal is shit anyways.

I sold something for £675 recently, buyer added 4% fees. (£702), I walked away with £667. Such is life, it's only a few ££.
        Originally posted by christianef
        u looks like tbone on the juice.

Comment

• zamb
          • Nov 2006

this whole discussion is a little overbearing and ridiculous

I sell tons of stuff all the time, someone just send me $400 USD from China and in the transferal I ended up getting $390, do you think i asked him for the $10?.....no

there are times i ask for gift payments, and the buyer either forgets or ignore and paypal gets what is rightfully theirs, do I go back and request more,.....no.

as far as I am concerned, and maybe some people are more of a stickler for these things than others, but if you are selling something for $500+ and there is a discrepancy of $5 or $10 I just don't think thats something to make an issue of.

Of course I know there are people always trying to lowball and for some really word amount, Like the time someone ask me to accept a return on an item that was stated was not returnable and after I agree they wanted me to refund their shipping charges to make the return........I pointed it out but Still sent it to them because its a small sum, a sum not worth stressing about.

C'mon guys, this is just a waste of time and bandwidth to be laboring about
          “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
          .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Oasis View Post
            Who ever is missing 7.50 euros, send me your Paypal and I'll pay you it so I don't have to read any more of this shit.
            Seriously
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• BSR
              • Aug 2008

^i disagree, we have just witnessed these two members' best contributions to SZ ever, at least if one judges by the amount of effort put in the writing of their usual posts and the level of critical thinking involved
              pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
              Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• Raw
                • Oct 2009

Lol this was just rambling on about what happened, not much critical thinking involved. You know different people have different backgrounds/occupations and may not like typing long philosophical posts. I'm the straight to the point type of guy, normally I wouldn't have typed such a long to post to begin with or even posted at all, but this all started right after the first day of a new job with a 6:30am start so I was tired when i got home and couldn't even think properly. Probably also the reason I got a little more irritated than I normally would.

Comment

• BSR
                  • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Raw View Post
                  Lol this was just rambling on about what happened, not much critical thinking involved. You know different people have different backgrounds/occupations and may not like typing long philosophical posts. I'm the straight to the point type of guy, normally I wouldn't have typed such a long to post to begin with or even posted at all, but this all started right after the first day of a new job with a 6:30am start so I was tired when i got home and couldn't even think properly. Probably also the reason I got a little more irritated than I normally would.
                  ^i'm not obsessed with philosophy . i was just suggesting that you could spend more energy writing what you think about this or that, which is the real purpose of this forum as far as i understand it (and not only sharing buying tips / updates on stores' stocks). you have taken on your occupation time to start this discussion and then to fuel it. i guess you could also take some time to contribute in a more pleasant way for the whole SZ community... obviously, same goes for your partner in crime mattizzle.
                  pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
                  Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• avout
                    • Nov 2011

Originally posted by Oasis View Post
                    Paypal is shit anyways.

I sold something for £675 recently, buyer added 4% fees. (£702), I walked away with £667. Such is life, it's only a few ££.
                    I've noticed this too. I think paypal is now adding other domestic taxes to the transactions.

Comment

• Raw
                      • Oct 2009

Originally posted by BSR View Post
                      ^i'm not obsessed with philosophy . i was just suggesting that you could spend more energy writing what you think about this or that, which is the real purpose of this forum as far as i understand it (and not only sharing buying tips / updates on stores' stocks). you have taken on your occupation time to start this discussion and then to fuel it. i guess you could also take some time to contribute in a more pleasant way for the whole SZ community... obviously, same goes for your partner in crime mattizzle.
                      I try to give my opinion on collections and pieces, but most the time I just find that I like something or I don't so I give short thoughts of opinion.

I do try to contribute where I can but I know I'm not as knowledgable as others on the thought process behind collections or specific design elements/construction methods so I don't really want to type a long critique or analysis.

But I do get your point.

Comment

• blowdown
                        • Feb 2011

heads up to slightright as well as awlouie!

great items with fast shipping buy with ease!

side note: paypal charges me 4% on all payment since 6 months ago,

i dont see a point paying by gift anymore

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by BSR View Post
                          Brilliant
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• flashlight
                            • Aug 2009

▲ if ya'll didn't know already, oskar is legit Δ

Comment

• sajsami
                              • Aug 2010

Just had a transaction with noumenos on here....Would like to say that it was a top service and the amazing Julius gas mask bag was also in top condition as described. All in all a top seller....

Comment

• Zenith
                                • Jun 2009

Bought from awlouie, there was an error in communication early on which was entirely my fault. However Arthur was very understanding and patient.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎