Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KongGeorgeVII
    • Jun 2014

Have made a couple of purchases with jamesd recently and everything has been very smooth. Fast shipping and every item has been exactly as described and in great condition.

Comment

• Scander
      • Jul 2013

Perfect trade with DudleyGray, the faster trade between USA to Europe I think :)

Comment

• 550BC
        • Jan 2013

Got scammed on eBay by seller: jahed0007, he sold me fake BBS P14's the AW13-14 model with full handmade scar stitch details. the pants looked fucking legit, but the inner tags well.. they said S/S13, the bbs logo was all wrong,the fonts and composition were wrong and the pants were tagged as P1, which is a whole other model. and material was tagged as: 100% cowhide?! the trousers should be 100% cotton no treatment, they were coated thin cotton but stated as cowhide...
        Here some photo's, without the tags it was a hard call to notice them as fakes. Images are quite big, but then you can see the details if you need me to resize them please tell me how. thanks

Last edited by 550BC; 08-12-2014, 05:14 PM.
        a fish out of water dies

Comment

• 550BC
          • Jan 2013

on a side note, I have to admit nobody could tell these were fake without the tags. so I am quite impressed but also terrified for the future.. watch out people ;)
          a fish out of water dies

Comment

• en0rm
            • May 2010

Damnnn 550bc i have been seeing some fake bbs pants floating arround ebay recently
            seems like allot of work went into those fakes to try and make the look authentic...

Comment

• 550BC
              • Jan 2013

yeah I saw some on instagram.. but those were easy to tell they were fake. These look fucking OG without the tags. but glad he added tags so I can get a refund now.
              a fish out of water dies

Comment

• DudleyGray
                • Jul 2013

Good looking out 550BC, thanks for posting it.
                bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• magic
                  • Feb 2009

Sorry to hear that 550.. hope you got back your money.
                  Focusing on object details

Comment

• Resonkuken
                    • Oct 2012

Like you said, gotta hand it to who ever did it. The tags do tell the real story. That white is way too bright for the pants description. Hope it all works out and you get your refund.

Comment

• 550BC
                      • Jan 2013

yes besides that everything is off on the tags, the font is probably Arial instead of the font Boris uses for his logo and typography(forgot the name, but it's not a common one) composition is all messed up etc. the tags gave it away, otherwise I would almost fell for it. due the tags I checked all the other details and saw the difference, without the tags I didn't even bother to compare I think.. just shipped them back, getting my full refund this week :)
                      a fish out of water dies

Comment

• Scander
                        • Jul 2013

Originally posted by 550BC View Post
                        yes besides that everything is off on the tags, the font is probably Arial instead of the font Boris uses for his logo and typography(forgot the name, but it's not a common one) composition is all messed up etc. the tags gave it away, otherwise I would almost fell for it. due the tags I checked all the other details and saw the difference, without the tags I didn't even bother to compare I think.. just shipped them back, getting my full refund this week :)
                        The "hand" of the fabric was not different?

Comment

• 550BC
                          • Jan 2013

yeah instead of thick cotton it was waxed or coated thin cotton, but that didn't really bothered me too much as he makes/made several versions of his trousers. Also I saw he sold 1 or 2 of these trousers and received positive feedback before so somebody is acting like a real G with fake trousers..
                          a fish out of water dies

Comment

• nictan
                            • Jul 2009

theres a ton of fake boris/ma+/julius etc being circulated (especially in china surprise surprise) sold as 'factory samples/rejects/whateverthefucktheycallitnowadays'

and there's a ton of kids eating it up like candy.

have seen full on boris leather jacket replicas that you can't tell the difference until you touch the leather/see the interior tagging/details.

Comment

• 550BC
                              • Jan 2013

yeah saw that as well not a long time ago, I was linked here not sure what thread.. but the details give it away if you own real garments.

I can imagine people not caring and buying it, but the artisanal aesthetic is missing, which I highly appreciate from these designers.

For some reason I don't see these knock offs succeed like the Givenchy knock offs etc.

edit: these kids need a big ass whooping
                              Last edited by 550BC; 08-13-2014, 06:30 AM.
                              a fish out of water dies

Comment

• Resonkuken
                                • Oct 2012

Originally posted by nictan View Post
                                theres a ton of fake boris/ma+/julius etc being circulated (especially in china surprise surprise) sold as 'factory samples/rejects/whateverthefucktheycallitnowadays'

and there's a ton of kids eating it up like candy.

have seen full on boris leather jacket replicas that you can't tell the difference until you touch the leather/see the interior tagging/details.
                                Well, this sucks to hear. Buying boris at retail is becoming more and more expensive , so finding deals online, whether it`s on ebay or forums around was the best alternative to getting his stuff, used but at more affordable prices. Now thinking you might be spending $300 (or whatever) on a fake piece changes your whole approach to buying that way. At least I wasn`t expecting for these type of brands to be counterfeited just lke that.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎