Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • upsilonkng
    • May 2010

the thing is u have 4 posts at the time, and after payment u started to ask a lot more questions and ur pretty far and shipping was gonna be $84 after checking, i just would prefer to deal w/ people that
    1. pay for expensive shipping on their own,
    2. have more than a few posts and i've dealt w/ before either just small talk or otherwise. after my experience w/ lois gruveltner I just decided to be more cautious who i sell to.
    my apologies for pulling the deal it just didn't feel great to me , i hope u understand, i think there's been plenty of sellers here that have gotten burned by posters w/ very few posts and very aggressive tactics in regards to negotiating and beyond

Comment

• magic
      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by upsilonkng View Post
      the thing is u have 4 posts at the time, and after payment u started to ask a lot more questions and ur pretty far and shipping was gonna be $84 after checking, i just would prefer to deal w/ people that
      2. have more than a few posts and i've dealt w/ before either just small talk or otherwise. after my experience w/ lois gruveltner I just decided to be more cautious who i sell to.
      my apologies for pulling the deal it just didn't feel great to me , i hope u understand, i think there's been plenty of sellers here that have gotten burned by posters w/ very few posts and very aggressive tactics in regards to negotiating and beyond

Why did you accept the payment at the first place?
      Focusing on object details

Comment

• 37ING
        • Jun 2015

the thing is u have 4 posts at the time, and after payment u started to ask a lot more questions
        I only ask 1 question about the packaging after I made the payment.

and ur pretty far and shipping was gonna be $84 after checking, i just would prefer to deal w/ people that
        I will understand if you could just let me know or negotiate with me more before you cancel the deal. Sorry if I made you frustrated but I just want to share my bad dealing experience here.

Comment

• DudleyGray
          • Jul 2013

I think if you got a refund, there's not really anything to complain about. I mean that's the risk you take with haggling over a $20-$30 dollar difference of a $500 item that originally cost a grand or whatever. If you really want something, then just shut up and pay up. As long as buyers are lowballing and haggling, I think you can expect sellers can do things like this as well.
          Last edited by DudleyGray; 07-01-2015, 07:44 AM.
          bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• bukka
            • Sep 2011

^bullshit. A seller has as much benefits from selling his old shit that he doesn't wear anymore than the buyer by getting a piece he can't afford at retail. Don't accept a deal and a payment if you're not happy with it.

Quick and easy transaction with TheNotoriousT, highly recommended.
            Eternity is in love with the productions of time

Comment

• DudleyGray
              • Jul 2013

Originally posted by bukka View Post
              ^bullshit. A seller has as much benefits from selling his old shit that he doesn't wear anymore than the buyer by getting a piece he can't afford at retail. Don't accept a deal and a payment if you're not happy with it.

Quick and easy transaction with TheNotoriousT, highly recommended.
              I don't think it's particularly honorable to take payment and refund it for a better deal, but in my opinion, it's much less worse than sellers taking their sweet ass time shipping an item after you pay their asking price, which seems to be generally tolerated, and not any worse than lowballers trying to nickle and dime you down to a price point where it's barely worth the hassle to go to the post office.

After experiencing both sides of the game, I don't feel that sellers benefit as much from selling as buyers do. It's easy to buy, hard to sell.

Comment

• 37ING
                • Jun 2015

If I really low-balling, he shouldn't agree to deal and ask me made payment at first.
                I understand that as a seller, you can always try to sell your stuff at higher offer, but you could also at least ask like "hey, I got a better offer, could you pay more?"
                He didn't discuss with me at all. If he ask, and I still that poor can't pay for it, then I will just leave it.

Comment

• Ahimsa
                  Vegan Police
                  • Sep 2011

Seamless transaction with twmllr. Quick responses and super fast shipping.
                  StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• upsilonkng
                    • May 2010

Originally posted by 37ING View Post
                    If I really low-balling, he shouldn't agree to deal and ask me made payment at first.
                    I understand that as a seller, you can always try to sell your stuff at higher offer, but you could also at least ask like "hey, I got a better offer, could you pay more?"
                    He didn't discuss with me at all. If he ask, and I still that poor can't pay for it, then I will just leave it.
                    ur right I should've confirmed w/ u first, but my main point is not the shipping which at $84 is something but i deal w/ a lot of people here thru buying and selling and some people u can get a pretty good vibe of their age and knowledge, i've had many approach me the same way and 50/50 it ends badly so that was the main thing, i didn't have a better offer except that the buyer was in the states and paid exactly what i was asking but i did have a buyer that we had message each other before and i'm aware he's a adult w/ adult expectations and follow thru. not saying ur not but i know he is.. not trying to insult anybody but there are kids here buying and then returning recklessly w/out a care in the world.

Comment

• nahneun
                      • Feb 2011

i don't know... if you are buying from outside the CONUS, the onus should be on the buyer to pay for both shipping and paypal fees. otherwise, he's getting his cake (free shipping) and eating it too (insurance from paypal via paypal fees).

If you didn't disclose your location until after the payment knowing full well that it would be an international shipment, that's pretty shitty on your part, 37ING.

anyway, to stay on topic...

late but as always, Chinorlz delivers great goods at extremely fair prices and is an absolute gentleman. please support his work.

Comment

• guardimp
                        • Jun 2010

Regardless of the cost of the shipping it seems scummy to make a deal, take the money, and then go sell it for more. This seems like the first thing to check when selling your items, not some afterthought to use as an excuse to renege on a transaction and sell to someone else.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by nahneun View Post
                          i don't know... if you are buying from outside the CONUS, the onus should be on the buyer to pay for both shipping and paypal fees. otherwise, he's getting his cake (free shipping) and eating it too (insurance from paypal via paypal fees).

If you didn't disclose your location until after the payment knowing full well that it would be an international shipment, that's pretty shitty on your part, 37ING.

anyway, to stay on topic...

late but as always, Chinorlz delivers great goods at extremely fair prices and is an absolute gentleman. please support his work.
                          Thank you sir! Always a pleasure :)
                          www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Mistifique
                            • Mar 2014

ur right I should've confirmed w/ u first, but my main point is not the shipping which at $84 is something but i deal w/ a lot of people here thru buying and selling and some people u can get a pretty good vibe of their age and knowledge, i've had many approach me the same way and 50/50 it ends badly so that was the main thing, i didn't have a better offer except that the buyer was in the states and paid exactly what i was asking but i did have a buyer that we had message each other before and i'm aware he's a adult w/ adult expectations and follow thru. not saying ur not but i know he is.. not trying to insult anybody but there are kids here buying and then returning recklessly w/out a care in the world.
                            Have many transactions with Paul,highly recommended seller. Shipping promtly - same day,next day morning,always offers several shipping options to choose from.
                            So Pure... So Cold
                            Transilvanian Hunger

Comment

• dalmatas
                              • Sep 2008

Bought ccp from libertyofstyle great item. Thanks
                              Originally posted by cjbreed
                              CCP is heroin. no, wait CCP is crack because it takes all your money in about 10 minutes...

Comment

• DudleyGray
                                • Jul 2013

Successful trade Shucks, guy is always on top of his shit.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎